Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe Bomb

• 27-03-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here a pipe bomb went off in the yellow road in the early hours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone here a pipe bomb went off in the yellow road in the early hours

I heard about it on wlrfm's news reports today, there were people in the house and the front door and parts of the front of the house were damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are these locals or Limerick skangers who have been relocated?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Where on the Yellow Road did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I was on yellow road twice today did not see anything out of the place and i was looking as heard it on radio earlier :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

in one of the red brick houses between the toddle and the yellow road chipper...opposite the TFM band house

heard it happened around 6am

• Advertisement

Typhoon. wrote: »
    in one of the red brick houses between the toddle and the yellow road chipper...opposite the TFM band house

heard it happened around 6am

WAS it a corner house on way up mount sion avenue way do you know ?, i did not see a house with damage but i was driving so could have missed it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

no dont think it was a corner house

Maybe somebody in Caulfields had a nice fart after lashing into a curry takeaway....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

probably someone after been thrown out of the Toddle more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

chelloveks wrote: »
    Maybe somebody in Caulfields had a nice fart after lashing into a curry takeaway....

Tis because all of the Indian restaurants springing up on the Kay buoy.
    Local Waterford papal can't digest dat amount of spice without their
    being consequences. Expect a lot of back firing noises throughout de
    town in de coming years. Waterford buoys & wans were reared on bland
    stuff like bread (blaas), spuds (mashed or chips) and a portion of mate (ham or bafe). Dey are mistaken if dey think Indian takeaways are de same as our Chinese wans. Indians like to spice things up! My advice to
    local novices is to start on something like a korma and work ye're way up.
    Being de hard men some Waterford fellas porbably went straight for de prawn vindaloo after a few scoops and de rest is history. Sure was'nt I reading another post on de boreds dat said the jacks in the bus station was stink... whats straight across the road from it buoys?? Cafe Goa, the indian restaurant dats what. Some poor misfortunate probably fancied a dacant bit of grub before setting off for Dublin or the likes. Bet into the grub because he was getting the next bus... dashed across the road... belly begins to rumble... Kaa-boom!! Jaysus, I hope they had de air conditioning on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

stuff like bread (blaas), spuds (mashed or chips) and a portion of mate (ham or bafe). Dey are mistaken if dey think Indian takeaways are de same as our Chinese wans. Indians like to spice things up! My advice to
    Being de hard men some Waterford fellas porbably went straight for de prawn vindaloo after a few scoops and de rest is history. Sure was'nt I reading another post on de boreds dat said the jacks in the bus station was stink... whats straight across the road from it buoys?? Cafe Goa, the indian restaurant dats what. Some poor misfortunate probably fancied a dacant bit of grub before setting off for Dublin or the likes. Bet into the grub because he was getting the next bus... dashed across the road... belly begins to rumble... Kaa-boom!! Jaysus, I hope they had de air conditioning on!

Now that image has left me thinking of Johnny Cash's song ring of fire.;)

Yeah, yer on to something there Joey buoy...God only knows what the Thai stufff will do now that thats the hot item in town...kaho ka muk, gung humpah and even one called nam pha phrik...can only guess what part of the dog is in that one! All the wans will be textin around about the great phrik starter they had followed by the gung humpah at Sabai, even though it was a bit small.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

chelloveks wrote: »

I'd say it was Murph the biker without a bike talking and not a pipe bomb.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kenmurphy30

its over a local feud pipe bomb dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kenmurphy30

heroin its over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Im not really au fait with drug paranphelia but if from movies is anything to go by I thought pipes were used for crack & needles for heroin? And why would blowing up a crack pipe cause such an explosion? Must be smoking their stuff thru a large wavin pipe me thinks.

heroin its over

Owed money I take it ye? Heroin has really got hold of Waterford the amount of people I hear story's about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jo06555 wrote: »
    Owed money I take it ye? Heroin has really got hold of Waterford the amount of people I hear story's about.

Everyone seems to be on it lately. Ill stick with stupid amounts of beer

seanybiker wrote: »

Yep beer all the way and don't need to rob people to pay for it either

Yeah, drink your vices...if ya overdo it you wake up with yer head bangin and thinkin "FFS I'll never do that again as long as I live...I'm gonna go to mass on Sunday if this will just go away".

With vices you inject ya get off the nod and think..."fck, got no cash for more....gotta go rob somebody"....thats part of the issue...the pull of heroin is incessant. these fckrs will knife their own gran if they dont fork over the few bob they have! When smack was big here you'd hear about people killed for a dollar by crackheads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I know who's house it was. The boyfriend is mixed up with heroin, so I'd assume that's what it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

It getting worrying this pipe bomb craze there was one found in Cork today as well.I have a feeling disident republicans are involved in these attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BlueBlaa

Didn't some of the Travellers have those during their feud too? Pipe bombs and petrol bombs. It organised crime anyhow and those are probably tied

dlofnep wrote: »
    I know who's house it was. The boyfriend is mixed up with heroin, so I'd assume that's what it's over.

Is it the house with the glass papered over in doorway red brick house??? could not see another house along the way with damage , if so i taught those houses had elderly poeople their as a friend of mine lives in area plus i grew up not so far from yellow road....:confused:

Few young people living down that way.

jo06555 wrote: »
    Is it the house with the glass papered over in doorway red brick house??? could not see another house along the way with damage , if so i taught those houses had elderly poeople their as a friend of mine lives in area plus i grew up not so far from yellow road....:confused:

I don't know what the house looks like. I just know who's house it was. They aren't originally from the yellow road. Recently moved there.

Few young people living down that way.

check ur msg

dlofnep wrote: »
    check ur msg

Damn phone. I replied and all bit it obviously didn't go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

the country is gone bomb crazy was told by one of my customers in gorey that the shopping centre was evacuated the other day coz of a bomb scare

• Advertisement

Jaysus that's madness.

Advertisement