Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goverment grant/home insurance and recently deceased

Options
  • 27-03-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,
    Hope this is the right forum, if not can the mods please move it somewhere more appropriate.
    Just after some quick advice.
    I've just lost my mother and recently she had received a goverment grant to get her roof fixed. The grant stipulates that payment will be issued once the roof is fixed. However, seeing as she has since passed away and the roof is halfway completed, where do we stand in regards to still receiving this grant? Or will we be left to pay it ourselves.
    Also, her house was destroyed by water damage over the christmas period and we were waiting on receiving insurance - which is currently being dealt with by an assessor. Would the insurance payment still be issued? Presumably so, as the house was covered, not herself personally.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated but please don't give speculations as I'm only after sound advice.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

If you are looking for sound advice not speculations, then ask the grant authority and insurance company. Nobody here knows for sure. I will add that the insurance claim is almost certainly fine... just notify the assessor.

Sorry for your loss.

Advertisement