Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I might join ye for 6-8 this weekend, am pretty slow at the moment so 10min/mile is fine.
    That would be great... but i am even slower that that. 10:30 pace :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nules10 wrote: »
    That would be great... but i am even slower that that. 10:30 pace :o

That's fine by me :)

That's fine by me :)

Excellent see you saturday so.... you will get out of bed this time won't you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Up around the outer relief road and take the first right turn brings you out onto the road to the rugby club and out at Balrothery a couple of nice drags there too. That's usually my 6 mile route.
    I keep forgetting about the track at Gormanston. Have you used it before. I have done my intervals in the past in the playing fields across the road from the college.
    Sure hopefully catch up with you on Saturday

Ah I know where your talking about it's like a country laneway joining both roads. First time using it this evening. Wouldn't be in great condition but it definitly serves its purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done you, getting all those miles in! Has your heckler coach departed these shores yet?

• Advertisement

Excellent see you saturday so.... you will get out of bed this time won't you ;)

Going to have to cancel, the courier company delivering my stuff from UPC are absolute twats and insisted on 9am Saturday as a delivery time :mad:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done you, getting all those miles in! Has your heckler coach departed these shores yet?

Its easy getting the miles in when you don't have to go to work... not sure what i will be like when i go back. Total admiration for the people who train with "real" :D jobs to do. Yes my "coach" has departed went off on her merry way on Sunday.

Going to have to cancel, the courier company delivering my stuff from UPC are absolute twats and insisted on 9am Saturday as a delivery time :mad:

AHHH noway... we can loop back to the car park at 10 for you if that's any good to you.

It's not really, they said it could be any time before 12, but from 9am onwards. I'm extremely pissed off with them because they were being massive silly buggers about it. They first suggested between 9 and 12 tomorrow at my apartment (feck all use to me because I work full-time and live on my own), we have a half-day in work tomorrow because of an office move and they refused to guarantee delivery before 1pm to my office (3km from my apartment, if they can do it to Dublin 8, why not to Dublin 2 :confused: ), and the only other option was Saturday morning. They were horrible about it too.

We shall meet again for a run at some stage though!

Thursday August 11th
    40 min Tempo Run.
    4.3 miles in 40:35 Avg pace 9:26
    Decided to try the tempo run again this week... but this time was not going to give up. It was soo humid out. So warm up 10mins pace of about 9:40, 20mins then at a pace of between 9-9.09 pace and last 10mins at 9:49. Was happy with this.

• Advertisement

It's not really, they said it could be any time before 12, but from 9am onwards. I'm extremely pissed off with them because they were being massive silly buggers about it. They first suggested between 9 and 12 tomorrow at my apartment (feck all use to me because I work full-time and live on my own), we have a half-day in work tomorrow because of an office move and they refused to guarantee delivery before 1pm to my office (3km from my apartment, if they can do it to Dublin 8, why not to Dublin 2 :confused: ), and the only other option was Saturday morning. They were horrible about it too.

We shall meet again for a run at some stage though!

A**h***s. I hate when they give that... oh it will be in the morning sometime between 9 and 12. Can't understand either why they won't drop it to work either to you.
    Yeah will definitely catch up for a run soon.

Saturday August 13th
    16miles in 2:46:04 pace 10:22
    Thank God for these group runs i would be lost without them. I was not feeling the love last night for this run and even less so this morning... didn't sleep well last night either. Anyway i got up and headed in and met the group this morning. wasn't long before the group had sorted itself into the pace bands. There was three groups for most of the run. i was in the fast one :D NOT. Anyway so much for dreading the run i had a great run and really enjoyed it. We did the first loop back to the cars at 6 miles... popped a gel. we then looped back again i think around 14 or close enough to it. When we stopped at this point my legs were screaming at me " what the hell are ya doing woman keep movin or we are not going to work" they really were sore. But once we took off again they were fine. I left the hard core 20milers after a mile and i headed back up to the car park for my final mile. 32.83miles clocked up this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Well done on that LSR Nules. I'm supposed to be doing a 16 miler for the first time tomorrow & I'm really envious of the way some like yourself are cruising through the LSR's without much bother :) On mapmyrun 16 miles mapped out looks awfully scary :eek:

Concerned2 wrote: »
    Well done on that LSR Nules. I'm supposed to be doing a 16 miler for the first time tomorrow & I'm really envious of the way some like yourself are cruising through the LSR's without much bother :) On mapmyrun 16 miles mapped out looks awfully scary :eek:

Thanks concerned2... i am enjoying them at the moment long may that last. I am envious of your great speed work you do... something i am useless at. Guess we all have our own thing we like doing best. Come back when i have an 18 or 20 miler could be a very different tune then. Good luck with the 16 tomorrow. You will do great.

Monday August 15th
    4.5m in45:42 pace 10:08
    This was a lovely run. Wasn't sure how the legs would be after Saturdays 16 but they were fine a bit achy at the start but loosened out after a mile. decided to bring everything a day forward so i can have two rest days before the 10 miler on Saturday.
    Oh and i am officially doing the Marathon now... signed up last night :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well done on the 16 miler. Your log is inspirational. Love the positivity :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    Oh and i am officially doing the Marathon now... signed up last night :eek::D

Of course you are, you are doing great!!:D

+1 on the positivity.

This is your time!:p

maria74 wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

Of course you are, you are doing great!!:D

+1 on the positivity.

This is your time!:p
    dolliemix wrote: »
    Well done on the 16 miler. Your log is inspirational. Love the positivity :)

Thanks Ladies. Things just seem to be going right for me at the moment. Long may it continue. And i just figured out how to multi quote too today. things are just getting better ;)

Tuesday August 16th
    8.5miles in 1:24:28 Pace 9:56
    Decided to do this run at Marathon pace, which is 10 min/mile. Nice run over to skerries but bit windy on the way back. A nice drizzly rain at mile 7 to cool me down too.

Wednesday August 17th
    5.5 miles in 55.42 Pace 10:07
    Nice run. Decided not to look at the watch at all going around, now that took will power :) I just wanted to run and enjoy it and not worry about pace etc. Very enjoyable not knowing what pace i was doing till i got home.

• Advertisement

Frank Duffy 10 miler
    I really didn't enjoy this at all. I started off deciding to race it and for the first 5 miles pace was 9:17, 9:09, 9:10, 9:13 and 9:27 and i felt grand but then i just got really tired. It hit me like a sledge hammer. I was expecting small bottles of water at the water stations as it was posted on their facebook page that it would be bottles and i guess i needed more than a sip of water at that point. I am really not good at running in the heat and i hated that sun yesterday. The last 5 miles things went from bad to worse and my last mile was so slow. 10:01, 10:15, 10:09, 10:09 and 10:42 :o ah well just wasn't my day. It wasn't a target race and as soon as i felt sluggish i just slowed it down to make sure i finished. Anyway roll on the half. i really want to do sub 2 in that. Can anyone advise me how to approach my training for that for the next month without jeopardizing my marathon training.
    Still i managed a PB all the same. last year did this race in 1:48 and this year 1:38.
    May just put it down to a bad day at the office and move on from here :)

May just put it down to a bad day at the office and move on from here :)
    That's the best way to look at it. Just keep the training consistent and have a good crack at the half next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Can anyone advise me how to approach my training for that for the next month without jeopardizing my marathon training.

There's a lot of overlap anyway, the training that makes you better for marathons will also help at the half distance.
    Maybe on some of your midweek runs, do some miles at half-marathon pace to get used to it? Like this week on your 7 miles, do 2 miles warmup, 4 at half-marathon pace, and a mile cooldown?

RayCun wrote: »
    Maybe on some of your midweek runs, do some miles at half-marathon pace to get used to it? Like this week on your 7 miles, do 2 miles warmup, 4 at half-marathon pace, and a mile cooldown?
    Thanks Ray i will try that out this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'll warn you in advance, it will be pretty tough.:)

RayCun wrote: »
    I'll warn you in advance, it will be pretty tough.:)

:) Its time i started to toughen up ray and stop quitting half way through races ;) it will be good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ah sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the race. Unfortunately, there will be days like that. Put it down to experience and just focus on the half.
    I'd blame the lack of support on the route (not mentioning anyone in particular!) Ahem!! :rolleyes:

Ah sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the race. Unfortunately, there will be days like that. Put it down to experience and just focus on the half.
    I'd blame the lack of support on the route (not mentioning anyone in particular!) Ahem!! :rolleyes:

Are ya talking about Shaz there ;) i think she found herself a nice tree and had a nap ;) Although she probably got bored cheering by the time i came around :) I knew it was going to be a bad run the minute i woke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Yeah Meno's and Vagga's support was shocking :D
    Are ya talking about Shaz there ;) i think she found herself a nice tree and had a nap ;) Although she probably got bored cheering by the time i came around :) I knew it was going to be a bad run the minute i woke up.

I only cheer on people who appreciate it...not peeps who were bashing my skills before the race :cool:

• Advertisement

Tuesday 23rd August
    4.5m in 46:10 pace 10:14
    Nice easy run. Legs fine... sure why wouldn't they be :rolleyes:

Advertisement