Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Wednesday 24th August
    9miles in 1:27:31 pace 9:42
    Decided to do 4 miles at half marathon pace which i am aiming for 9 min/mile ish or at least keep it as close to this. I started off with 3 miles warm up pace between 9:40 and 10. The 4 miles came in at 9:06 8:59 9:07 and 9:11. very happy with this. Last two miles were cool down and very slow 10:45 and 10:49. I also ended up walking 30mins back home so a nice cool down and stretch of the legs. It was tough alright especially the cool down miles my legs were aching at this stage, but strangely enough i enjoyed this session :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great to see my heckling got you out for the run :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Great to see my heckling got you out for the run :D

Told ya i respond better to tough love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done you, that sounded like a great session!!!

Thursday 25th August
    5.5m in 56:01 pace 10:09
    Legs felt like lead at the start of this took a good 3 miles before they loosened out but in the end a enjoyable run... well the last 2 were :)

• Advertisement

Saturday 27th august
    18Miles LSR :D in 3:07: :D pace 10:25 :D
    can ya tell i am happy?? Met up with a good group this morning in the park. wasn't long before the pace groups got sorted. I decided to go with the slower group this time :D:D Anyway the others headed off and Chinguetti and Ultraman1 waited for myself Angela and Sunflowerro at Chapelizod gate. We did a bit of the marathon route and encountered the first hill of the marathon (i think it was about this time that there was a glint in Ultramans eye :rolleyes:) on we went towards kilmainham the memorial gardens featured in there somewhere. i am useless with directions. Anyway the glint in Ultramans eye returned and he suggested knockmaroon hill :) so up we went this was at about mile 12 of our run (only know this cos pace was 11:09). back into the park and we were brought up some steps, yep guess who suggested that ;) we got back to the cars at about mile 13.5. took on some water. We said goodbye to Sunflower and Ultraman at this point, think my pace was way too fast for him and the hills killed him :D;) I was happy to have had close on 14 done at this point only 4 more to go. So myself Chinquetti set off, my legs were sore having stopped and took a good while to get them to realise what i wanted them to do. We got back to the carpark at 17 and chiinguetti abandoned me :) again i was way too fast for him. So one lone mile on my own down Acres road and i was done. happy days. i am off to bed now for the afternoon. Good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done girl. I'm impressed :).
    Was a really enjoyable session. My legs arent as bad as usual and even managed a stroll to the shop earlier. Progress :D:D

And well done you for doing more than you had planned. Was lovely to meet you this morning sunflower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well done on this morning as you were the last one standing or running in this case.

Ultraman is indeed an evil man but he probably had more hills planned so it could have been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

well done on ur long one today,sorry about the inclines;)....

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well done on this morning as you were the last one standing or running in this case.

Ultraman is indeed an evil man but he probably had more hills planned so it could have been worse.
    Thanks for the water on the way around.:)
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    well done on ur long one today,sorry about the inclines;)....
    All is forgiven Ultraman ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done Nules, great lsr there. Must fill you with confidence

Thanks Bally8. I felt great afterwards only 8.2 more to go :eek: Was a great confidence booster alright. I was buzzing the whole afternoon after it. Its great to have the company on the long runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

well done on sat! My husband is training for the half and hopefully the marathon, I keep telling him to go join you all.

ILOVERED wrote: »
    well done on sat! My husband is training for the half and hopefully the marathon, I keep telling him to go join you all.

God yes he definitely should join us. there were loads there on Saturday. Its a great way to get the LSR's done.

Tuesday August 30th
    5.5 miles in 54:12 pace 9:50
    Decided to do this at Marathon pace which is 10 min/mile. So happy wit this. Legs were fine after Saturdays LSR. Compression socks rock.. they are great. I should have got the pink pair too :cool:

Wednesday August 31st
    14 miles LSR in 2:22:56 pace 10:12
    Away at the weekend so decided to swap my LSR and mid week run around so i could have a shorter run to do on Saturday (9miles)
    Starting out legs felt heavy and i wasn't sure how the run was going to pan out... and on my lonesome too so was convinced it was going to be a struggle. I decided to do the half route. I looped back to the car at 6 miles to get water and a gel. It was quite warm out. The first 7 miles were at a 10:30 pace and from then i felt really good and decided i would try 5 miles PMP (10min/mile) So miles 8-13 were 9:50 pace, i pushed myself to do one extra mile at PMP so 6 in total. Last mile was a slow cool down. Enjoyed this run in the end.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Great running. Your pace is improving nicely over the longer runs.

Great stuff Nules, good idea adding the PMP miles. How did you find the half course?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Great running. Your pace is improving nicely over the longer runs.
    Thanks P i am happy with the way things are going. you never know maybe next year i will be running with you fast guys ;)
    Great stuff Nules, good idea adding the PMP miles. How did you find the half course?
    It wasn't all that bad. But hate that bit where you run up chesterfield ave when you turn onto it from Wellington rd. And i am becoming quite fond of the s bends and the hill before Acres road :D that may all change on 17th though :D

• Advertisement

You go girl. 14 is great especially after your 18 miles only there on Saturday. I see you are not around on Sat :D:D:D:D. Boo for me though :(

I see you are not around on Sat :D:D:D:D. Boo for me though :(

;):D I will be back the following week so hopefully catch you then. You are doing a big mileage this week is it 16 or 18?

Thursday September 1st
    5.16m plod in 54:44 pace 10:37
    Legs were feeling the effects of yesterdays run. It was like running with sand bags tied to my ankles.... not that i have tried that :rolleyes: But i got around ok i took it easy and job done. rest day tomorrow, first week back to work almost done and a glass of wine for me tonight... bliss :)

Nules10 wrote: »
    ;):D I will be back the following week so hopefully catch you then. You are doing a big mileage this week is it 16 or 18?

I am gonna attempt a 17 mile run. Have a day off tmrw but think i'll wait and do it Sat in the park.
    Well hope you survived the first week back at work. Enjoy the wine and enjoy the wkd :D:D

Saturday September 4th
    10:5 miles(not by choice :rolleyes:) 1:49:21 pace 10:24

plan was to do 9 miles but since i was running in a "Strange" town ;) I took a wrong turn and it ended up at 10.5.

Hey Nules10, well done on getting out for the run in the "Strange" town. Hope you'll be back in unstrange territories this wkd :):)

Saturday September 4th
    10:5 miles(not by choice :rolleyes:) 1:49:21 pace 10:24

plan was to do 9 miles but since i was running in a "Strange" town ;) I took a wrong turn and it ended up at 10.5.
    Hey Nules10, well done on getting out for the run in the "Strange" town. Hope you'll be back in unstrange territories this wkd :):)

Oi you two, watch it with the strange town talk...that's a fine metropolis you are referring to :D...flipping jackeens

Thanks sunflower. How did you get on with your 17 miles. Can't wait to be back running in normal surroundings again ;);)
    Oi you two, watch it with the strange town talk...that's a fine metropolis you are referring to :D...flipping jackeens

:D:D I knew that would get a reaction from you... country girl

Thanks sunflower. How did you get on with your 17 miles. Can't wait to be back running in normal surroundings again ;);)

:D:D I knew that would get a reaction from you... country girl

Am reporting this post...defamation of my culchie character :p

• Advertisement

Am reporting this post...defamation of my culchie character :p

:D well since you called yourself a culchie... i can too. ya big culchie ;)

Advertisement