Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Delighted for you Nules10! Well done girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Well done on getting that first marathon under your belt Nules. Your race report almost made the whole thing sound easy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Concerned2 wrote: »
    Well done on getting that first marathon under your belt Nules. Your race report almost made the whole thing sound easy :D

I left out the really gory details so not to scare you off signing up next year ;) Am still on a high this morning. Just need to get down the stairs now :D

Told ya ;)

Congrats!
    yep you were right ;)
    RubyK wrote: »
    Delighted for you Nules10! Well done girl :)

Thanks ruby am totally chuffed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well done nules. You are one brave woman. Such a fantastic a achievement.....

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Congrats Nules, and great report. Good luck with the stairs today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done Nules. Great running. Not sure if you got my text last night. My phone went on the blink just after I sent it so not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

You're very welcome :D. Congrats on a great time and run. Enjoy the odd glass of wine you'll have this week!!

dolliemix wrote: »
    Well done nules. You are one brave woman. Such a fantastic a achievement.....
    Thanks Dollie feels great to have it done even if i am waddling like a duck today
    DigiJem wrote: »
    Congrats Nules, and great report. Good luck with the stairs today :)
    Thanks DJ. Oh dear god the stairs. I wish i lived in a bungalow. Everytime i was upstairs i needed something downstairs and vice versa. i seemed to be going up and down them all day. Probably only twice but took me half hour each time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Really well done Nules :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Absolutely thrilled for you and delighted that it was a good experience for you and that you are already thinking of another.
    Way to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again Nules, delighted for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done Nules. Loved reading your report there- brought a lump to my throat. You did so well- you make it sound so easy though:)

littlebug wrote: »
    Really well done Nules :)
    Thanks Littlebug
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Absolutely thrilled for you and delighted that it was a good experience for you and that you are already thinking of another.
    Way to go....
    Thanks K. thinking been the operative word here
    claralara wrote: »
    Well done again Nules, delighted for you :)
    Thanks Cl and i am equally delighted for you :)
    Bally8 wrote: »
    Well done Nules. Loved reading your report there- brought a lump to my throat. You did so well- you make it sound so easy though:)
    Aww thanks Bally8. Someone else said i made it sound easy too.... i just thought i would spare everyone the gory details. I have a cracking picture of a blister if you would like to see it :D;) Shaz declined.... such a wuss ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »

I have a cracking picture of a blister if you would like to see it :D;) Shaz declined.... such a wuss ;)

There are some things that should not be shared among friends and that is one of them...

Friday November 4th
    2miles 20:41 pace 10:18
    Beautiful morning for a run. feels good to be back out everything in working order albeit a bit tired. Signed up for waterford half. Might try for sub 2 in that. Any suggestions on training for it welcomed.

Sunday November 6th
    2 miles 18:48 pace 9:22
    Nice run. Legs feeling good

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Well done on your marathon,there'll be no stopping you now,good to see that you had that extra kick for the "real" part of the race,the enforced layoff certainly did you no harm.

docjewel wrote: »
    Well done on your marathon,there'll be no stopping you now,good to see that you had that extra kick for the "real" part of the race,the enforced layoff certainly did you no harm.

Thanks Docjewel. Don't know what to be doing with myself at the moment. have to say enjoying the short easy runs for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

just read your marathon log.it's a great read,make me want to start training for a marathon right now,well done,You are one of the few who get to enjoy the last few miles!!!hope the blister clears up quickly.Belated congrats:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MarySamsonite

Fantastic race report Nules, I really enjoyed reading it. Well don on your time and on actually enjoying the last 6 miles :eek: Best of luck with Waterford - I look forward to hearing all about it :).

Runonewon wrote: »
    just read your marathon log.it's a great read,make me want to start training for a marathon right now,well done,You are one of the few who get to enjoy the last few miles!!!hope the blister clears up quickly.Belated congrats:)
    Thanks Runonewon. Some may say i didn't put enough effort in in the first 20 to have enjoyed the last 6 :D but i don't care i finished strong...ish
    Fantastic race report Nules, I really enjoyed reading it. Well don on your time and on actually enjoying the last 6 miles :eek: Best of luck with Waterford - I look forward to hearing all about it :).
    Thanks Mary. may as well keep going. I enjoyed the recovery last week a bit too much... replaced drinking water for drinking wine and eating healthy for eating burgers and chips. But back on track this week ;)

Tuesday 8th November
    2miles 19:06 pace 9:29
    came straight in from work got changed and headed out in the rain, may aswell get used to it. I have decided to practice Pilates at home myself :rolleyes: classes are €14 a go and i just can't justify it anymore when i know what to do and i have decided i will try yoga for a while instead, which no doubt will also be €14 :rolleyes: but i can't afford to do both so yoga it is for a change. just think the stretching will do me good. So after my run i did 30 mins Pilates (wonder how long that will last :rolleyes:) Now all i have to do is find a good yoga instructor in the North county dublin area :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Tuesday 8th November
    2miles 19:06 pace 9:29
    came straight in from work got changed and headed out in the rain, may aswell get used to it. I have decided to practice Pilates at home myself :rolleyes: classes are €14 a go and i just can't justify it anymore when i know what to do and i have decided i will try yoga for a while instead, which no doubt will also be €14 :rolleyes: but i can't afford to do both so yoga it is for a change. just think the stretching will do me good. So after my run i did 30 mins Pilates (wonder how long that will last :rolleyes:) Now all i have to do is find a good yoga instructor in the North county dublin area :confused:

5 classes at home justifies a new pair of running shoes ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    5 classes at home justifies a new pair of running shoes ;)

I like your way of thinking Digger :)

Wednesday 9th November
    4miles 40:01 pace 9:58

wasn't feeling the love for a run at all today. Finished work early came home had lunch fell asleep :rolleyes: and when i woke up i was groggy anyway eventually talked myself into going out and that there was nothing wrong with me except pure laziness. Enjoyed it in the end.... as usual :)

Thursday November 10th
    2miles 20:46 10:21
    had no problems keeping this one slow i am knackered

I have decided to practice Pilates at home myself :rolleyes: classes are €14 a go

Woh, that's pricey! Our class started at €60 for 6, and is now gone done to €50 for 6.

RubyK wrote: »
    Woh, that's pricey! Our class started at €60 for 6, and is now gone done to €50 for 6.
    Is your class based in north county Dublin by any chance :rolleyes:That's a great price. And it's hard to get good instructors too

• Advertisement

Is your class based in north county Dublin by any chance :rolleyes:That's a great price. And it's hard to get good instructors too

Emm, I suppose it's about 100 miles out of your way :o Yeah it's a great price, and she's excellent.

Hope you can suss out a more reasonabley priced yoga class ;).

Advertisement