Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Tuesday 12th
    Pilates

Wednesday 13th
    8x400 5k pace
    I think i am doing these right!!!
    1= 2.07min (avg pace 8.29)
    2= 2.01 (8.06)
    3= 2.07 (8.30)
    4= 2.07 (8.31)
    5= 2.08 (8.35)
    6= 2.05 (8.20)
    7= 2.94 (8.18)
    8= 1.59 (7.59)
    9= 1.59 (7.59) lost count so did an extra one just in case :D

i jogged the recovery.... same distance with an average time to do each one about2 min 50
    I was dreading these but they weren't too bad. (probably cos i am not doing them fast enough :) )
    Got my foam roller today too... how can something so innocent looking be so evil :eek: and new running shorts.... actually not sure which is more evil the shorts or the foam roller :o

Thursday 14th
    Took today as a rest day... as decided to do a torture hill session with shazkea on friday instead.
    Friday 15th
    Approx 25 mins total... warm up and hill repeats.... think we did 5 of approx 100m and walked recovery. I have forgotten how cruel those hills are in ardgillian. Shazkea was a pleasure to share the torture session with you :D

Saturday 16th
    5 miles in 50.34 avg pace 10.04
    This was supposed to be a 5m pace run. I wasn't sure really what it was.... am i correct in saying you run the 5miles at your half marathon pace??? Anyway i just decided to run was a bit achy after yesterdays hill repeats :)

Sunday 17th April
    10.02 miles in 1.45.17 avg pace 10.30 ( pace was quicker on shazkeas watch so mite go with hers instead :D)

Headed into the Phoneix park with shazkea. I love these long runs. It was a lovely morning for a run and time flew ... great chats and great company thanks Shaz.
    First 3 miles were the toughest for me takes me a while to get into it. Stopped to get a gel and water i think it was just after an hour. And on we plodded. And job done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Some great runs! Maybe I need to borrow Shaz watch too??:D

They are some hills in Ardgillan! Thats a great week, you are running almost every day? Are you following a particular plan?

• Advertisement

Hi Maria
    Following the Hal Hidgon's half marathon program the intermediate one. I am a sucker for a plan.... its the only way i will get out and do it really... i like ticking each one off as i go :D
    You should join us the next time... the hills in Ardgillian were great fun.... honest ;)

[HTML][/HTML]
    Nules10 wrote: »
    Hi Maria
    Following the Hal Hidgon's half marathon program the intermediate one. I am a sucker for a plan.... its the only way i will get out and do it really... i like ticking each one off as i go :D
    You should join us the next time... the hills in Ardgillian were great fun.... honest ;)

Yea have to say I am a lover of the ticking also!

Fun is not the word I would use for ardgillan hills...ran once last Oct with oh and replace fun with cardio breakdown might be more apt for me!!
    Maybe in the future.... Thanks tho.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sunday 17th April
    10.02 miles in 1.45.17 avg pace 10.30 ( pace was quicker on shazkeas watch so mite go with hers instead :D)

Headed into the Phoneix park with shazkea. I love these long runs. It was a lovely morning for a run and time flew ... great chats and great company thanks Shaz.
    First 3 miles were the toughest for me takes me a while to get into it. Stopped to get a gel and water i think it was just after an hour. And on we plodded. And job done :)

Official pace was 10:29 but I did an extra 0.03 miles!!...but not that much quicker :D. Think our mouths were moving quicker than that....lovely run so ta for the company

Plan for this week its a bit of a mental week but hopefully fit it all in.
    Week beginning April 18th
    Monday Stretch and streghten
    Tuesday 5m run in the morning and pilates in the evening
    Wednesday 40min tempo
    Thursday 11/12 LSR really want to do a 13m run before the half in kildare so if i do a 12 here and 13 next week and then the week after drop back and then the half is the week after that.
    Friday if i don't do my LSR on thursday will do it here instead otherwise rest.
    Saturday maybe get out for 3/ miles
    Sunday rest.
    The plan is all over the place this week. Heading away for the weekend and want to get the bulk of my running done before that.

Monday 18th
    5mins on the foam roller was at the dentist and feeling sorry for myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Monday 18th
    5mins on the foam roller was at the dentist and feeling sorry for myself :D

If I had a choice between the dentist & the foam roller I'd pick the dentist every time ! Them foam rollers wouldn't have been out of place in the Spanish Inquisition :)

If I had a choice between the dentist & the foam roller I'd pick the dentist every time ! Them foam rollers wouldn't have been out of place in the Spanish Inquisition
    :D i would have to agree concerned2... at least the dentist will apologize for the pain he is about to inflict upon you... but that foam roller no mercy at all :D

Tuesday April 16th
    Plan was to do 5m pace. Aim was to do the first mile in 10 mins and then miles 234 well to keep them under 9.20 and then the last one again in 10.
    So i was delighted when i did this :D as i wasn't feeling the love this morning as it was hot out there.
    5m in 46.34 avg pace 9.18
    Mile1 9.41
    Mile2 9.11
    Mile3 9.18 (big hill thrown in here too)
    Mile4 9.15
    Mile5 9.05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Tuesday April 16th
    Plan was to do 5m pace. Aim was to do the first mile in 10 mins and then miles 234 well to keep them under 9.20 and then the last one again in 10.
    So i was delighted when i did this :D as i wasn't feeling the love this morning as it was hot out there.
    5m in 46.34 avg pace 9.18
    Mile1 9.41
    Mile2 9.11
    Mile3 9.18 (big hill thrown in here too)
    Mile4 9.15
    Mile5 9.05

Nice running there, well done! :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Nice running there, well done! :)

+1, good going. Early morning runs must suit you :D

Nice running there, well done!
    +1, good going. Early morning runs must suit you
    Thanks guys :)
    I know shaz they must suit me alright :D but that early 9.30 start nearly killed me :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Great log, and some really good running. You inspire me to try tempos, which I hate with passion!

Good luck with your training. I started my first log here over two years ago with similar ambitions, and all I can say is beware, its totally addictive. :D

Good luck with your training. I started my first log here over two years ago with similar ambitions, and all I can say is beware, its totally addictive.
    Thanks Oryx... the addiction has already set in. You have some great times.... ones i could only dream of. But for now i am happy plodding along :)

Wednesday April 20th
    Decided this morning to get my LSR done. Just don't have the time over the next few days. Plan was to do 11 or 12m...depending on how i was feeling.
    So off i took myself into the phoneix park... where i knew i wouldn't bump into anyone i know... i decided to don the new running shorts :eek: My apologies to anyone in the park this morning who was blinded by the whiteness of my legs...i will invest in fake tan tomorrow :D I took the route that i did with Shaz on Sunday and threw in the fury glen for good measure. I don't know the names of roads etc in the phoniex park. I stopped off at the car around mile6/7 for water and gel and an energy drink. From there i went down towards the zoo and turned up... think its the lords walk would that be right. Anyway did that loop and back up Chesterfield avenue towards the car. Anyway all in all i did the 12 miles. I nearly fell into a pot hole at one point along the route and was lucky i didn't go over on my ankle... ego a bit bruised though as a taxi man slowed down to have a good look :)
    Total miles 12
    Time 2.01.11
    Avg Pace 10.05
    Last two miles 9.21 and 9.18 :D
    I think i might need to re assess when to pop the gel. if i took it a bit earlier would it give me more energy for the last 4 miles??? will play around with that next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

i decided to don the new running shorts :eek: My apologies to anyone in the park this morning who was blinded by the whiteness of my legs...
    Haha, I think I'm worse :pac:

Nice run today :)

• Advertisement

Haha, I think I'm worse :pac:

Nice run today :)

Ohhh i doubt it somehow.... by the time i finished they were red and blotchy too :eek: but i had a hat and sunglasses on so face was well covered :D

Nice going Nules - hoping to do 12 myself on Friday so 14 may be on the agenda w-end after this and then an easy one before Kildare?

Brave move on the shorts :D...oh and crap, you know I'm going to have to do Furry Glen on Friday now!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ohhh i doubt it somehow.... by the time i finished they were red and blotchy too :eek: but i had a hat and sunglasses on so face was well covered :D
    Noone looks good running, as you will find out when you check out any race pics. :D

Friday April 22
    Decided to go to Ardgillian with my sister this morning and put in a few Hill reps. She decided to take part in the fun :D
    3.19 Miles in 40 mins in total.
    Did a 20min warm up which was undulating :) and actually tough going. Got over to the hill... which i think has grown since last week. I did 7 reps and decided to jog the recovery. I went as fast as i could up but it was tough. Walked for about 5 mins after the last rep and we jogged up the hill from the castle as a final rep. Sister did 5 reps and walked the recovery.... haven't heard from her since :D

[HTML][/HTML]
    Friday April 22
    Got over to the hill... which i think has grown since last week.

Sister did 5 reps and walked the recovery.... haven't heard from her since :D

:D:D:D

Great workout!

Saturday April 23rd
    45 min tempo run.
    Distance 4.7m
    Avg Pace 9.17

10 min warm up avg pace was about 10min/mile
    25 mins tempo... this was mostly between 8.49 and 9.09 min mile :eek::D where did that come from
    10 min cool down of again about 10 min mile
    I always dread getting out to do tempo runs more so than intervals but enjoyed this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Saturday April 23rd
    45 min tempo run.
    Distance 4.7m
    Avg Pace 9.17

10 min warm up avg pace was about 10min/mile
    25 mins tempo... this was mostly between 8.49 and 9.09 min mile :eek::D where did that come from
    10 min cool down of again about 10 min mile
    I always dread getting out to do tempo runs more so than intervals but enjoyed this one.

Great run there Nules. I bet if you had a 10k race tomorrow you'd easily finish under the hour :)

Concerned2 wrote: »
    Great run there Nules. I bet if you had a 10k race tomorrow you'd easily finish under the hour :)

Only if the sun wasn't out :D Your training is coming on great some great sessions from you. You will zip around Kildare no probs

Sunday April 24th
    3.2m in 28.51 Avg Pace 9 min mile
    Always find these short runs tough going. But done now. Chocolate time :D happy easter everyone

• Advertisement

Plan for the week beginning April 25th
    Monday Stretch and strengthen
    Tuesday : 5m
    Wednesday: 45 min tempo run
    Thursday: 3m+strength
    Friday: rest
    Saturday: 14m
    Sunday: 5m pace (if legs allow)

Monday 25th: ok didn't do what i was supposed to but did walk up the Sugar Loaf... does that count :rolleyes:

Tuesday 26th: 5.4m in 53 min avg pace 9.49 This was tough going, left calf tight.
    1 hour pilates this evening.... leg work :rolleyes:
    I have revised my plan for the Kildare half i don't think i will do it sub 2hr so i will be happy with 2.10 or less :D well alot less like 11 mins less ;)

Advertisement