Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Thursday 17th November
    4 miles 37:58 pace 9:28
    Legs were achy today after sports massage and my run yesterday and was going to put off running today, but when i got home it wasn't raining so decided to just go for it wasn't looking forward to it at all. Turned out to be a bloody marvelous run in the end. two 9 min miles in there... one down hill and one not. (wow that hot yoga is working already ;))So i am chuffed with that. felt fine throughout was good to get the heart pumping. :)

Great stuff, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

There was an eerie silence in the park today
    Saturday 19th November
    7miles in 1:10:53 pace 10:07
    lovely morning for a run so peaceful and quite :D met with the gang in the park. Took in the furry glen today, no unusual sightings today. RK was keeping us on our toes today with the pace :) Shaz is a worthy winner of the bet... could see the pain on her face at one point, couldn't shut her up on the way home in the car ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

There was an eerie silence in the park today
    Saturday 19th November
    7miles in 1:10:53 pace 10:07
    lovely morning for a run so peaceful and quite :D met with the gang in the park. Took in the furry glen today, no unusual sightings today. RK was keeping us on our toes today with the pace :) Shaz is a worthy winner of the bet... could see the pain on her face at one point, couldn't shut her up on the way home in the car ;)

Well sounds like you girls had a bit of craic this morning. Sorry I missed the run. I went up to the park at about 8.30 instead to get it done as I had a tonne of bits to do in town today. Did you see all the moustache runners? Was very funny :)

Well sounds like you girls had a bit of craic this morning. Sorry I missed the run. I went up to the park at about 8.30 instead to get it done as I had a tonne of bits to do in town today. Did you see all the moustache runners? Was very funny :)

Yeah missus you need to get back to the group runs we miss you on them... maybe next week or the week after. Oh was that what all those runners were for. was it the movember run or something.

Yeah missus you need to get back to the group runs we miss you on them... maybe next week or the week after. Oh was that what all those runners were for. was it the movember run or something.

Yeah it was the Movember run alright. Fair play to them, good crowd. Yes, definitely missing the group runs. And I'm away next wkd too. Wkd after though I hope to get out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I'm sorry too I'm missing these runs, but 11am is just too late for me. Yes, you read that right!!

jcsmum wrote: »
    I'm sorry too I'm missing these runs, but 11am is just too late for me. Yes, you read that right!!

:) well k myself and shaz did say that 11 was probably a bit too late but 9 a bit too early so we are hoping to do the runs at 10 in future. Would that suit you any better or are you still aiming for the 9 am start.

Sunday 20th november
    6.5m in 1:05:22 pace 10:03
    this was always going to be a tough run as it is my 5th run this week and it was not helped by the fact i was out last night. Once i hauled my ass out of bed at 2pm :o i know i am a disgrace. I went and got the run done. i took it easy decided not to look at the garmin at all, so i was surprised to see the pace as it felt alot tougher and alot slower than that.... hmm maybe the garmin is broke :rolleyes:

:) well k myself and shaz did say that 11 was probably a bit too late but 9 a bit too early so we are hoping to do the runs at 10 in future. Would that suit you any better or are you still aiming for the 9 am start.

10 would be good. Hubby has golf next Sat so can't make it, but I'm good after that.

10 would be good. Hubby has golf next Sat so can't make it, but I'm good after that.

Yeah 10 is good for me too. Sure 11 is practically night time :)

Fair play on getting out again today. I went this morning again too and yeah its tough on the legs. Down home now till tmrw so looking forward to a massage :)

You must be delighted with yourself this week, you've clocked up some miles.

• Advertisement

Perfect, not sure i will be around myself next week either.
    Yeah 10 is good for me too. Sure 11 is practically night time :)

Fair play on getting out again today. I went this morning again too and yeah its tough on the legs. Down home now till tmrw so looking forward to a massage :)

You must be delighted with yourself this week, you've clocked up some miles.

Ahh yeah we realised our mistake yesterday so 10 is definitely a better time. I think i would have been grand this morning if i didn't go out last night. Legs are fine but looking forward to a rest day tomorrow... must do some pilates though instead. Enjoy the massage :)

Tuesday 22nd November
    5m 48:53 pace 9:45
    Would have preferred this to be alot easier but i was legging it home to shower and change to go to hot yoga. Man it sure is hot. i still haven't cooled down after it not even the walk home cooled me down. :) but i dispelled all the negative energy from my body this week.... little ms. optimistic i am :D (till tomorrow)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

hot yoga.
    Trying this on Thursday. Should I be afraid?

Trying this on Thursday. Should I be afraid?

RK its certainly an interesting experience. hope you have good balance :D Drink plenty before the class. I usually take a few sips during it but would drink more afterwards. Enjoy it... let me know what you think of it

thursday 24th november
    3.5m in 32:42 pace 9:20
    This was tough windy and wet and part of it was uphill with the wind against me i swear it changed and was against me coming back too :rolleyes: did 4x80m strides in there too. Apparently they are meant to feel easy, eh not to me they didn't felt throwing up after them. think i did them wrong :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Probably went too fast on them. They're not supposed to be like charging-to-the-finish-line-giving-it-everything fast, you should still feel relaxed and controlled.

Thanks ray. I was pretty much doing an all out sprint. I will Slow them down next time. Should they just be slightly faster than what i had been running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

thursday 24th november
    This was tough windy and wet and part of it was uphill with the wind against me i swear it changed and was against me coming back too :rolleyes:

:eek: same thing regularly happens to me too ;)

Horrible night for a run, fair play for getting out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Thanks ray. I was pretty much doing an all out sprint. I will Slow them down next time. Should they just be slightly faster than what i had been running?

They should be at about 80% effort, if that helps? So you should be going fast, but you're not trying to go as fast as you can, you're concentrating on running with good form - shoulders relaxed but arms moving properly, knees lifting high, back straight and head looking in front not at the ground. Go for about 10-12 seconds and then slow down to a jog again, and don't do the next set until your breathing has returned to normal.
    Maybe imagine you're just starting an 800m or 400m race. You're running faster than in a 5k, but not running all out.

RayCun wrote: »
    They should be at about 80% effort, if that helps? So you should be going fast, but you're not trying to go as fast as you can, you're concentrating on running with good form - shoulders relaxed but arms moving properly, knees lifting high, back straight and head looking in front not at the ground. Go for about 10-12 seconds and then slow down to a jog again, and don't do the next set until your breathing has returned to normal.
    Maybe imagine you're just starting an 800m or 400m race. You're running faster than in a 5k, but not running all out.
    Thanks for that ray. By the sounds of it i ran for too long and too fast and didn't recovery sufficiently enough before i started the next one.

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    :eek: same thing regularly happens to me too ;)

Horrible night for a run, fair play for getting out there.

rotten night alright but a "real" runner had text me and told me to get my a** out the door.... nope wasn't you shaz ;)
    Wind was awful had to keep trying to catch my breath, seemed to be blowing in all directions

friday 25th November
    5 miles in 49:38 pace 9:54
    Even when i slowed this run down it felt hard. Don't normally run on a friday but had to move runs around this week.... i am a creature of habits and i don't like change :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

rotten night alright but a "real" runner had text me and told me to get my a** out the door.... nope wasn't you shaz ;)
    Wind was awful had to keep trying to catch my breath, seemed to be blowing in all directions

Oi you saying I'm not a real runner coz I haven't finished a marathon...oh very controversial :D:p

BTW whoever the "real" runner is, he was right...HTFU woman!

shazkea wrote: »
    Oi you saying I'm not a real runner coz I haven't finished a marathon...oh very controversial :D:p

BTW whoever the "real" runner is, he was right...HTFU woman!
    are you saying only men are real runners :DOhhh controversial ;)

Sunday November 27th
    11miles in 1:50:35 pace 10:02
    Having spent most of the night awake thinking the house was going to blow away with me in it, i was not looking forward to this run. I had thought i should try get as close to half distance as i could so opted for 11 miles... although i was ready to give up at 8 :rolleyes: Tough run and my legs ache now. waterford looking more like a training run and just go and enjoy it.

Monday 28th November
    4 miles in 41:09 pace 10:16
    Mind, body and soul tired tonight. had to do my run today as can't do it tomorrow. Nothing like a run in the wind and rain to snap you out of it :)

Wednesday november 30th
    5 miles in 47:18 pace 9:27
    Decided to try this as a tempo run(i think it was a tempo run anyway :o). 1 mile warm up, up a HUGE hill 10:19 next 3 miles were to be at half marathon pace which mcmillan says is 9:10 so 3 miles went like this 8:46 9:24 (again this was up a hill with the wind in my face so not too bothered about slowing here) and 8:59(ok this was downhill) cool down mile 9:43. I was wrecked by the end. good luck to me trying to keep that pace for 13.1 miles :rolleyes: But it felt good doing a speed session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Wednesday november 30th
    Decided to try this as a tempo run(i think it was a tempo run anyway :o). 1 mile warm up, up a HUGE hill 10:19 next 3 miles were to be at half marathon pace which mcmillan says is 9:10 so 3 miles went like this 8:46 9:24 (again this was up a hill with the wind in my face so not too bothered about slowing here) and 8:59(ok this was downhill) cool down mile 9:43. I was wrecked by the end. good luck to me trying to keep that pace for 13.1 miles :rolleyes: But it felt good doing a speed session.

Sounds like a good run, especially in that yucky weather!! Fair play :D

Well done, great session!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Wednesday november 30th

Theres not many flat spots around this here parts is there. Especially this time of year.

Advertisement