Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Theres not many flat spots around this here parts is there. Especially this time of year.

Nothing but flipping hills i am even noticing hills that i have never noticed before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Great running Nules.Any run on a night like to-night is a "hilly run",what a freakish storm,well at least here in the west.I ran 2.5 miles in a downpour and bailed out,i am now clearly a fair weather runner!!

Thursday December 1st
    4 miles in 37:18 pace 9:18
    Aim of this run was to go out do it as quickly as possible and home in front of the TV for the rest of the night. Happy with that pace went a bit quicker up the hill tonight as it was nice and calm out. Now for some chocolate :)

Sunday December 4th
    7.54miles in 1:15:05 pace 9:58
    Tough run... my own fault self inflicted pain :rolleyes: I was supposed to do 30 mins yesterday and 45 today, but i went in to spectate at the race yesterday and then decided to go and do some shopping which meant no run. So i decided to combine the two today. And as i said it was oh so tough but its done and i am never drinking again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Sunday December 4th
    Tough run... my own fault self inflicted pain :rolleyes: I was supposed to do 30 mins yesterday and 45 today, but i went in to spectate at the race yesterday and then decided to go and do some shopping which meant no run. So i decided to combine the two today. And as i said it was oh so tough but its done and i am never drinking again :)

....until next weekend! I'd say fire your drinking partners who knew you had a run today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Sunday December 4th
    shazkea wrote: »
    ....until next weekend! I'd say fire your drinking partners who knew you had a run today ;)

MMMM these two post are probably related:D...you only live once!!!!...had a couple Fri night before Jingle bells,,,sshhh don't tell anyone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Sunday December 4th

Well at least it's done and dusted and also that you got some shopping done..that counts as cardio too you know.
    I'm on the subs bench the last few days, should never have run with my injury on Friday morning. Have been limping since.
    Sigh....

hmmm you are right. Shaz you're fired :D
    Younganne wrote: »
    MMMM these two post are probably related:D...you only live once!!!!...had a couple Fri night before Jingle bells,,,sshhh don't tell anyone:D
    A couple is acceptable Anne I had alot more than a couple but wasn't my fault :rolleyes:
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Well at least it's done and dusted and also that you got some shopping done..that counts as cardio too you know.
    I'm on the subs bench the last few days, should never have run with my injury on Friday morning. Have been limping since.
    Sigh....
    Yeah most of shopping done thank god. You are injured :eek: that's not like
    You. Will you be ok for Waterford? I don't want to go on my own :(

No it is not like me and I don't like it!
    I'm going to be sensible and not run til maybe Wed or Thursday, not ideal training for Waterford I know.

I'm going to be sensible and not run til maybe Wed or Thursday, not ideal training for Waterford I know.

Ah you will do great even with the forced rest. What's hurting?

• Advertisement

Ah you will do great even with the forced rest. What's hurting?

My right heel is swollen since last weekend. Thought it was cured and went running on it and just made it worse. Doh!

My right heel is swollen since last weekend. Thought it was cured and went running on it and just made it worse. Doh!
    :eek: ouch. Is it your achilles? Hopefully the rest will do the
    Job.

:eek: ouch. Is it your achilles? Hopefully the rest will do the
    Job.

That's the one. Yeah hopefully it will be ok. Not enjoying this non running lark.

That's the one. Yeah hopefully it will be ok. Not enjoying this non running lark.
    I have been seen a Pt since Dublin and my Achilles was at me too and is still very tender to touch the odd day apparently lots of calf stretches should
    Help it. We only realise how much we love running when we can't actually do it. It's very frustrating indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We only realise how much we love running when we can't actually do it. It's very frustrating indeed.

Tell me about it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sunday December 4th

Fair play for getting out and doing it. Would have been much easier to recover on the couch ;)

:eek: Hope you are ok, and it's just a blip. Your training has been so consistent. Very frustrating.

RubyK wrote: »
    Fair play for getting out and doing it. Would have been much easier to recover on the couch ;)
    In did that for the afternoon, guilt free recovery ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

In did that for the afternoon, guilt free recovery ;)

Are we both driving on Saturday night. Good god I was in a bad way yesterday. How I managed to run nearly 3 miles I'll never know.

Are we both driving on Saturday night. Good god I was in a bad way yesterday. How I managed to run nearly 3 miles I'll never know.
    Lets not be too hasty p :D I wasn't too bad i have found a new use for my zero tabs.... hangover recovery they work a treat ;) try them next sunday :) we are super for getting out in our delicate states :D

P, I think you should embrace the no drinking lifestyle and drive next weekend. Now we wouldn't want you missing the banter so Nules and I would only be too delighted to take the lift off you that you're about to offer...into town and home :D:D

If you decide to become a lush like the rest of us, we'll be nicking Nules zero tabs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

P, I think you should embrace the no drinking lifestyle and drive next weekend. Now we wouldn't want you missing the banter so Nules and I would only be too delighted to take the lift off you that you're about to offer...into town and home :D:D

If you decide to become a lush like the rest of us, we'll be nicking Nules zero tabs...

I'm sure by next Saturday I'll have seen sense. What are these zero tabs?

I'm sure by next Saturday I'll have seen sense. What are these zero tabs?
    They are a high five electrolyte replacement drink and come in a tablet format to pop into water. I used them during my marathon training and during the marathon. I find they work great. Took one on sunday morning when i woke up and seems to have done the trick. But obviuosly i would recommend to drink sensibly so that you don't have to resort to such measures :)

They are a high five electrolyte replacement drink and come in a tablet format to pop into water. I used them during my marathon training and during the marathon. I find they work great. Took one on sunday morning when i woke up and seems to have done the trick. But obviuosly i would recommend to drink sensibly so that you don't have to resort to such measures :)

:confused: :eek:, who has taken over Nules' log

:confused: :eek:, who has taken over Nules' log
    its the good me today ;)

Tuesday december 6th
    3miles in 30:09 pace 9:56
    day from hell in work, thought the run would help, it didn't, roll on retirement :mad: This was 1 mile easy 1 at HM pace 9min mile and 1 more easy. ALL of it was a struggle. I am going to bed :)

Tuesday december 6th
    day from hell in work, thought the run would help, it didn't, roll on retirement :mad: This was 1 mile easy 1 at HM pace 9min mile and 1 more easy. ALL of it was a struggle. I am going to bed :)

It didn't help?..you obviously weren't pounding the pavement hard enough!!
    I'm jealous though, still 'resting' well kinda.

It didn't help?..you obviously weren't pounding the pavement hard enough!!
    I'm jealous though, still 'resting' well kinda.

:) oh I was pounding hard enough just not for long enough ;) would have needed another marathon to get this one out of my system :D your ankle
    Still no better :eek: how is Waterford looking?

Tuesday december 6th

Blame the wind and rain - it was bloody awful out. Real life is a pain in the ass at times :(.

Just rem one thing...as a conundrum it's up there with Justin Bieber and eggnog :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

day from hell in work, thought the run would help, it didn't

Well if running doesn’t help then it sounds like time to break out the emergency stash of chocolate. Tomorrow will be better…honestly :)

• Advertisement

Blame the wind and rain - it was bloody awful out. Real life is a pain in the ass at times :(.

Just rem one thing...as a conundrum it's up there with Justin Bieber and eggnog :D:D
    :D:D ah shaz cheers for that made me laugh. I could watch that ad all day. Wind was shocking.
    DigiJem wrote: »
    Well if running doesn’t help then it sounds like time to break out the emergency stash of chocolate. Tomorrow will be better…honestly :)

I know dj I was sure the run would help usually does. But if that fails go for the chocolate that did help :)

Advertisement