Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Nules10 wrote: »
    Tuesday december 6th
    3miles in 30:09 pace 9:56
    day from hell in work, thought the run would help, it didn't, roll on retirement :mad: This was 1 mile easy 1 at HM pace 9min mile and 1 more easy. ALL of it was a struggle. I am going to bed :)

I love your comment...roll on retirement. More like we'll be working till 90 now :(
    Fair play for getting out this evening. I chickened out with the cold. I'm contemplating moving to warmer climates if this continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Thursday December 8th
    2miles easy
    had no problem keeping this slow.... that flipping wind.... buzz off now. was meant to do this run yesterday but had a sports massage and got him to work on my shoulders and neck to relieve the stress of work the other day... the man is a genius :) anyway i was so relaxed i lit the fire opened a bottle and had a glass of wine. I am ready to take on the world... well waterford anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Thursday December 8th
    2miles easy
    had no problem keeping this slow.... that flipping wind.... buzz off now. was meant to do this run yesterday but had a sports massage and got him to work on my shoulders and neck to relieve the stress of work the other day... the man is a genius :) anyway i was so relaxed i lit the fire opened a bottle and had a glass of wine. I am ready to take on the world... well waterford anyway :rolleyes:

Roll on saturday and enjoy the wine. I hope to be ok for the race, will pm you.

jcsmum wrote: »

Ohh no wine tonight I am in training you know ;) will save the rest for Saturday evening. Catch up with you before Saturday. Hope you are ok to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

jcsmum wrote: »

Ohh no wine tonight I am in training you know ;) will save the rest for Saturday evening. Catch up with you before Saturday. Hope you are ok to do it

I'll know tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Best of luck Saturday Nules!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Are you all set and ready to go Nules ;) Weather looks to be pretty decent - ie. no wind or rain! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Oh god, I'm after roaring out loud with laughter at this in the office - getting funny looks now :o

Good luck on Sat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Good luck for Waterford! Enjoy it!!:)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Good Luck,

Keep up the side for the North County Dubliners...

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck Nules!
    :)

neilc wrote: »
    Best of luck Saturday Nules!!!
    Thanks Neil sure it's only 13.1 miles :D
    RubyK wrote: »
    Are you all set and ready to go Nules ;) Weather looks to be pretty decent - ie. no wind or rain! Yay!
    Thank god a bit of decent running weather. You doing it ruby?
    shazkea wrote: »
    Oh god, I'm after roaring out loud with laughter at this in the office - getting funny looks now :o

Good luck on Sat :D
    Hey :mad: I am a serious about my training... Hmmm red or White ;)
    captain P wrote: »
    Good luck for Waterford! Enjoy it!!:)
    Thanks captain p
    Good Luck,
    Keep up the side for the North County Dubliners.

J
    will do my best John :)

Friday December 9th
    10 min trot around the block. I am going to need all those good luck messages if that 10min trot is anything to go by :o
    But am looking forward to the x mas beers tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck tomorrow Nules, enjoy the cake afterwards

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ooh enjoy tomorrow. I'll be there too :)

Oryx wrote: »
    Ooh enjoy tomorrow. I'll be there too :)

Cool we could have a right little boards meet up tomorrow. Best of luck oryx. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Best of luck tomorrow Nules, enjoy it.

Waterford Half December 10th
    13.1m in 2:02:14 pace 9:19
    Got down to waterford nice and early. Got our numbers and sat in the car and people watched for about an hour... there is all shapes and sizes of runners. We met up with rubyk at the start who was looking very nervous indeed but she ran a cracking race in the end. Went to the start and as a few people have mentioned it was a bit of a shambles not sure where the start line was and was a bit of a free for all. Started off with the two hour pacers and kept with them or rather has them well within sight up to mile 9. pace up to mile 8 varied between 8:47 and 9:20. 9:20 pace was when we hit the hills. It was at mile 9 where my pace slowed considerably to 9:50 :rolleyes: managed to pull it back in mile 10 to 9:38 (bye bye pacers) mile 11 got it down to 9:23 but slowed again at 12 to 9:42 and 9:30 for the last mile. I am inching closer and closer to sub2 i will get there. This was a PB for me from the Kildare half by over a minute. Legs just didn't have the speed in them. but i am thrilled with my pace up to mile 9. Nice to get a sambo in the bag. A pretty uneventful race really and that is a long ole road coming back in. And as jcsmum mentioned a few people seemed to have tripped over the cats eyes in the last mile or two. i saw one man who had fallen and hit his face and was pumping blood poor divil..another guy was seeing to him and told everyone to keep going. hope he is ok he looked in shock. Had a good old natter with jcsmum on the way down in the car and on the way back.

man that was a bit of a boring report apologies if you read it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done Nules, another PB in the bag....have alovely easy week now and then back into it for 2012!!! Fair play and the DCM only6 wks ago so hats off to you!

I love people watching and as you say all shapes & sizes running and its true what they say "you should never judge a book by its cover!!!"

Hope you had a few glasses to celebrate last night...i had a few for you;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Lovely to meet you on Saturday Nules, congrats on the pb :) Sub2 in early 2012!

• Advertisement

Younganne wrote: »
    Well done Nules, another PB in the bag....have alovely easy week now and then back into it for 2012!!! Fair play and the DCM only6 wks ago so hats off to you!

I love people watching and as you say all shapes & sizes running and its true what they say "you should never judge a book by its cover!!!"

Hope you had a few glasses to celebrate last night...i had a few for you;)
    Hmmm must have been your few that did the damage so ;)
    RubyK wrote: »
    Lovely to meet you on Saturday Nules, congrats on the pb :) Sub2 in early 2012!
    Great to meet you too. Definitely sub2 in the new year or i flipping well will give up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hmmm must have been your few that did the damage so ;)

Definitely sub2 in the new year or i flipping well will give up :)

Don't worry you get your sub 2 ....but first you'll have to take responsibility for your own after racing "hydration";) ;)and stop blaming others;);););):p....

Younganne wrote: »
    Don't worry you get your sub 2 ....but first you'll have to take responsibility for your own after racing "hydration";) ;)and stop blaming others;);););):p....

I thought it would make a change to blame someone else other than shaz :D Ahhh i actually wasn't bad on Sunday.... zero tabs to the rescue :cool: I tell ya there were alot worse than me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I thought it would make a change to blame someone else other than shaz :D Ahhh i actually wasn't bad on Sunday.... zero tabs to the rescue :cool: I tell ya there were alot worse than me :)

and for the record she is not referring to me...

shazkea wrote: »
    and for the record she is not referring to me...
    Nope definitely not... all female members of boards were very well behaved on the night :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Boards party in Limerick for the half and marathon. I'm pacing 2 hours, no way you won't break it if I know you're in my group.

Boards party in Limerick for the half and marathon. I'm pacing 2 hours, no way you won't break it if I know you're in my group.

What tactics do you use RQ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Great goin Nules any day you get a pb is a good.It won't take long to break 2 hours

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What tactics do you use RQ :D

I'll bring your friend to chase you to the finish line. You'll probably break the world record.

• Advertisement

I'll bring your friend to chase you to the finish line. You'll probably break the world record.

:D:D:D:eek: sub 2 here I come. But you sure do stoop to nasty tactics :D

Advertisement