Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Tuesday December 20th
    5miles in 46:44 pace 9:20
    Uneventful run plus hot yoga after a good ole stretch

Wednesday December 21st
    3.2 miles in 30:15 pace 9:27
    This was meant to be 3 min easy 1 min hard at 5k pace. I actually struggled to get to 5 k pace but i did the easy bits well :)
    actually not sure what my 5k pace is so i text shaz and i used hers which was 8:40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nules10 wrote: »
    Wednesday December 21st
    3.2 miles in 30:15 pace 9:27
    This was meant to be 3 min easy 1 min hard at 5k pace. I actually struggled to get to 5 k pace but i did the easy bits well :)
    actually not sure what my 5k pace is so i text shaz and i used hers which was 8:40

Should probably be more like 8 min/mile for you :pac:

ahh seriously :eek: feck i struggled with 9min/mile pace today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

8 min/mile is about a 25 minute 5k, which you should be well capable of - particularly since you're doing some of your training runs at 9.20/mile and calling it uneventful. :)

• Advertisement

8 min/mile is about a 25 minute 5k, which you should be well capable of - particularly since you're doing some of your training runs at 9.20/mile and calling it uneventful. :)

Oh :o had a look at my pace again and most of the fast bits did come in about 8min/m and under. Is there an easy way of seeing this on garmin connect :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Hit the lap button every time you start or end a fast section

RayCun wrote: »

Ah ha. Thanks ray :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

RayCun wrote: »

Hit the lap button as Ray said and Another one is to set the garmin display to pace & lap time so you know when each "lap" ie 3min 1 min is complete and what pace you are doing.....this means that you don't go too fast...i discovered yesterday that i had lap pace which shows different to current pace so i was going too fast....my 5k pace is 8.10 (from Jingle bells) but im running most of the 1mins at 7.50 ish.......so trying to slow them down...might be better next week when i'll be rolling instead of running;)

Younganne wrote: »
    Hit the lap button as Ray said and Another one is to set the garmin display to pace & lap time so you know when each "lap" ie 3min 1 min is complete and what pace you are doing.....this means that you don't go too fast...i discovered yesterday that i had lap pace which shows different to current pace so i was going too fast....my 5k pace is 8.10 (from Jingle bells) but im running most of the 1mins at 7.50 ish.......so trying to slow them down...might be better next week when i'll be rolling instead of running;)

Thanks anne tried that out on my 5 miler this evening. Life is so much easier now ;) Think we will all be rolling around next week

• Advertisement

Thursday December 22nd
    5miles in about 47 mins ish pace 9:25
    garmin died at 4.6 miles. This was a tough run legs were tired and the couple of glasses of wine last night probably didn't help :rolleyes: rest day tomorrow... :)

saturday December 24th
    4.5m in 45:09 pace 10:02
    Horrible run. 45 mins felt like 45 hours. Was glad when it finished legs felt like lead. Now pass the chocolates. merry Christmas everyone one and here's to a run filled new year ;)

Monday December 26th
    6.5miles in 1:04 pace 9:51
    I really wanted to get a run in on christmas day but way too much bubbly on christmas eve put an end to that idea ( sister got engaged x mas eve). Although i did run through the dodgy parts of the town on my way home last night from the sisters house after dinner... does that count as a run :) Am surprised at todays pace as it felt alot harder and slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Although i did run through the dodgy parts of the town on my way home last night from the sisters house after dinner... does that count as a run

It counts Nules,it definitly counts.Xmas Day run............tick

:D
    Runonewon wrote: »
    It counts Nules,it definitly counts.Xmas Day run............tick
    :D thanks runonewon ... Just what I wanted to hear. And ya know there are alot of dodgy areas around these parts. I am sure I hit 5min/mile pace coming through the industrial estate :eek:

Tuesday December 27th
    3.35miles in 32 mins pace 9:34
    This was 32mins with 10 mins easy with 6x 1min on/off and 10min easy. Actually enjoyed these. pace for the intervals were 7:12, 7:58, 7:52, 8:09 ,8:08, 8:04. Probably a bit too eager in the first one which meant i slowed in the last few :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well Done missus...great work!!! i didn't get out for a run today!!!! my baby was 3 today so had to bake cake, go to Play centre, Mcdonalds and then home for party so no time!!!;)

Younganne wrote: »
    Well Done missus...great work!!! i didn't get out for a run today!!!! my baby was 3 today so had to bake cake, go to Play centre, Mcdonalds and then home for party so no time!!!;)

Sounds like you did plenty of running around mark that down as a 3 miler ;)

Wednesday 28th december
    5 miles in 50:26 pace 10:05
    I started off my day at 10am with a 70min hot yoga class, came home from that had breakfast waited an hour and went for my run. This run was torture a combination of the legs feeling very tired after yoga, as she did lots of leg stretches and balance poses and the god damn wind... it was against me going uphill and it was a struggle. Anyway its done. moved all runs a day early just in case i need a day off on sat or sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Wednesday 28th december
    5 miles in 50:26 pace 10:05
    I started off my day at 10am with a 70min hot yoga class, came home from that had breakfast waited an hour and went for my run. This run was torture a combination of the legs feeling very tired after yoga, as she did lots of leg stretches and balance poses and the god damn wind... it was against me going uphill and it was a struggle. Anyway its done. moved all runs a day early just in case i need a day off on sat or sun :)

Hope you treated yourself to a square or two of chocolate after that!!

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Hope you treated yourself to a square or two of chocolate after that!!

Ya mean a bar or two :rolleyes:

Sunday January 1st
    6.5 miles in 1:04 pace 9:50
    So glad i didn't have much to drink last night as it was a lovely morning for a run.
    Some plans/targets for this year
    Conn Half (not my sub2 attempt)
    Some sub2 half: haven't decided where yet.
    May/June Marathon 4.30. (DCM is out for me as the sis is getting married that weekend in cork) so i am thinking Limerick or Cork.
    Obviously other shorter distances a decent sub 60 10k, have only ever managed 59. And sure whatever else pops up along the way. Now if someone would like to pop all that into a table for me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭diddleyland

Portumna is on in june and its a really well organised event also if you are doing the marathon, you get great support fron the 50 and 100k people, marshals were brilliant also, did it last year really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Kildare is in May, might be worth a look too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sunday January 1st
    6.5 miles in 1:04 pace 9:50
    So glad i didn't have much to drink last night as it was a lovely morning for a run.
    Some plans/targets for this year
    Conn Half (not my sub2 attempt)
    Some sub2 half: haven't decided where yet.
    May/June Marathon 4.30. (DCM is out for me as the sis is getting married that weekend in cork) so i am thinking Limerick or Cork.
    Obviously other shorter distances a decent sub 60 10k, have only ever managed 59. And sure whatever else pops up along the way. Now if someone would like to pop all that into a table for me :D:D

Honestly the cheek ;). BTW you've forgotten a few races there...if you had an excel plan, you wouldn't have :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Best of luck with your goals for 2012 Nules. I'll put my spoke in for Cork for the Marathon. I've done 16.5 miles of the relay for the last 2 years and loved it. Lots of support and lots of boardsies make the trip for the relay and half marathon options too

Portumna is on in june and its a really well organised event also if you are doing the marathon, you get great support fron the 50 and 100k people, marshals were brilliant also, did it last year really enjoyed it
    Thanks diddleyland I will look into that. What is the course like flat ??
    captain P wrote: »
    Kildare is in May, might be worth a look too.
    Hmm Kildare??? I have issues with Kildare :D did the half there last year and while it's nice and flat it was a very quiet course. But you never know it is handy to get to so could be in the running :D
    shazkea wrote: »
    Honestly the cheek ;). BTW you've forgotten a few races there...if you had an excel plan, you wouldn't have :D
    By someone I really meant you shaz ;) I haven't forgotten anything... Have I?? See this is why I need you to be my pa :D
    Bally8 wrote: »
    Best of luck with your goals for 2012 Nules. I'll put my spoke in for Cork for the Marathon. I've done 16.5 miles of the relay for the last 2 years and loved it. Lots of support and lots of boardsies make the
    trip for the relay and half marathon options too
    Thanks bally8. I like the timing of cork. I was thinking of aiming/training for Limerick and maybe decide closer to the time. When I got injured for Dublin and got back running I was thinking if only I had another 4 weeks I would be better off. So am going to leave it and see how it all goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Best of luck on the 2012 goals Nules. I personally would not go for the marathon in Limerick as the numbers running will probably be tiny so it doesn't sound like much fun to have to run that far on your own. The half there could be a good option to try for the sub 2 hrs as its very flat & it had a pretty good number running it last year with a good spread of pacers.

Concerned2 wrote: »
    Best of luck on the 2012 goals Nules. I personally would not go for the marathon in Limerick as the numbers running will probably be tiny so it doesn't sound like much fun to have to run that far on your own. The half there could be a good option to try for the sub 2 hrs as its very flat & it had a pretty good number running it last year with a good spread of pacers.

Hey concerned2 how are you? Thanks for that re Limerick didn't realise it was small numbers Kildare marathon was the same I think last yr so would
    Put me off a bit. Great to get the feedback. Have you any plans for 2012. Happy new yr to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Hey concerned2 how are you? Thanks for that re Limerick didn't realise it was small numbers Kildare marathon was the same I think last yr so would
    Put me off a bit. Great to get the feedback. Have you any plans for 2012. Happy new yr to you

I'm fine Nules , got my first run of 2012 in today & now my left knee is sore , another year another ache to add to the list eh :rolleyes: I've no concrete plans for 2012 yet , maybe do a few triathlons & I'll probably have a crack at the Craughwell 10 mile race in March as its my softest PB & the only 1 I'm likely to beat anytime in the near future. Best of luck for 2012 :)

Advertisement