Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck with all the goals for 2012. I'll be doing a May/June marathon too as well as Dublin (I hope).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

jcsmum wrote: »
    Best of luck with all the goals for 2012. I'll be doing a May/June marathon too as well as Dublin (I hope).

A road trip to Waterford for Saturday the 30th June sounds like a really good plan to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Concerned2 wrote: »
    I'm fine Nules , got my first run of 2012 in today & now my left knee is sore , another year another ache to add to the list eh :rolleyes: I've no concrete plans for 2012 yet , maybe do a few triathlons & I'll probably have a crack at the Craughwell 10 mile race in March as its my softest PB & the only 1 I'm likely to beat anytime in the near future. Best of luck for 2012 :)

Ahh sorry to hear about the knee. Hopefully 2012 will be better for you. Good luck with the triathlon training. Pop back and let us know how it's going. Or maybe a log?? ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Excellent k I will have someone to do lsrs with for may/June. Should help
    Keep the weight in check for sister wedding number 1 in June. Might have to do the training for DCM to keep it in check for October wedding :D
    RubyK wrote: »
    A road trip to Waterford for Saturday the 30th June sounds like a really good plan to me ;)
    That could be a possibility ruby if the other two Limerick/cork don't work out ;)

Wednesday January 4th
    5miles in 49:03 pace 9:47
    A mixture of good and bad in this run. Good going down hill with the wind on my back, bad going uphill with the wind against me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good running girl. Someone needs to flatten out that bloody hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭diddleyland

Nules10 wrote: »
    Thanks diddleyland I will look into that. What is the course like flat ??

QUOTE]

nice flat course in portumna, it is a 5k loop course so you get to know the other people running( in my case past you!!!!):eek: but i enjoyed it....:)

QUOTE]

nice flat course in portumna, it is a 5k loop course so you get to know the other people running( in my case past you!!!!):eek: but i enjoyed it....:)[/QUOTE]

:eek: loops. I would be the same as you plenty of peeps passing me by ;)

Thursday January 5th
    4 miles in 36:34 pace 9:14
    this session was 3 mile tempo + 4x80m strides. waited for about an hour to see if the wind died down and when it did i headed out or rather when i thought it did... :rolleyes: Did a 5 min warm up and when i got down as far as the beach i was nearly blown away so found it tough keeping my tempo pace. I did manage to keep the 3 miles at 9:03 so happy with that. My 4 strides at the end came in at 7:04,7:30,7:13 and 7:23. Probably a wee bit fast but they felt fine when i was doing them. Really enjoyed this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Thursday January 5th
    this session was 3 mile tempo + 4x80m strides. waited for about an hour to see if the wind died down and when it did i headed out or rather when i thought it did... :rolleyes: Did a 5 min warm up and when i got down as far as the beach i was nearly blown away so found it tough keeping my tempo pace. I did manage to keep the 3 miles at 9:03 so happy with that. My 4 strides at the end came in at 7:04,7:30,7:13 and 7:23. Probably a wee bit fast but they felt fine when i was doing them. Really enjoyed this :)

I think it's waiting for me to go out later to die down :rolleyes:

Wishful thinking I reckon.

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I think it's waiting for me to go out later to die down :rolleyes:

Wishful thinking I reckon.

Nice and calm now p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Thursday January 5th

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Thursday January 5th

Great session!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great running Nules. You will defo break 2 hour mark if you keep this up

Friday January 6th
    5.5 miles in 54:57 pace 9:59
    Decided to shake things up this morning and ran my usual 5 mile route in the opposite direction ( i know i lead such an exciting life :rolleyes:) i also decided i needed to not look at the garmin as i really wanted to take this nice and handy in preparation for a tough session in the morning. Hot yoga tonight and she hit the boost button... holy f**k :eek: i swear all the badness was sweated out of me. Its the speedy way to detox :)

Saturday January 7th
    4.6 miles in 47:16 pace 10:17
    Hill session today in the park with shaz. just over a mile warm up and then 3 x 300m and 5 x 200m with a recovery jog. And cool down back to car. Some days i just feel as if i am going backwards with this running malarky :rolleyes: this was tough. My legs were heavy. Its been a while since i did anything that resembled a hill session, probably since i was training for kildare. So this was a bit of a wake up call :o

You're not going backwards, far from it. You looked fresh as a daisy out there and you were the one saying we had to do an even amount of repeats :D.

shazkea wrote: »
    You're not going backwards, far from it. You looked fresh as a daisy out there and you were the one saying we had to do an even amount of repeats :D.

That must have been me full face of make up i slapped on before we went :D ah i was just a bit meh today that's all and felt i could do better, but i didn't want to :)

That must have been me full face of make up i slapped on before we went :D ah i was just a bit meh today that's all and felt i could do better, but i didn't want to :)

I'll bring a cattle prod for next week so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

I'll bring a cattle prod for next week so :p
    Fair play girlies. That sounded like a tough session!

• Advertisement

Sunday January 8th
    8.5 miles in 1:26 pace 10:11
    Absolutely nothing enjoyable about this run except for the company and finishing. I was struggling to keep up with the group from mile 2 :rolleyes: I was ready to throw the towel in at 6 and head back to the car. jcsmum and sunflower were too polite to tell me to HTFU so in steps shaz who was not letting me finish at 6. She said i would thank her later.... i really had to wait this long to update in order for the thank you to come ;) I am exhausted i did 5 runs in a row this week so will be glad to be back to normal tomorrow.

5 days in a row and you are beating yourself up after finishing on a 8.5 mile run. I think someone is being a little hard on themselves!!!! You were deadly today. Long may it last :):)

Sunday January 8th
    8.5 miles in 1:26 pace 10:11
    Absolutely nothing enjoyable about this run except for the company and finishing. I was struggling to keep up with the group from mile 2 :rolleyes: I was ready to throw the towel in at 6 and head back to the car. jcsmum and sunflower were too polite to tell me to HTFU so in steps shaz who was not letting me finish at 6. She said i would thank her later.... i really had to wait this long to update in order for the thank you to come ;) I am exhausted i did 5 runs in a row this week so will be glad to be back to normal tomorrow.

Eh I'm still waiting for the Thank you :D. Nah good woman for continuing on with it even with some tyrant roaring at you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Good work Nules. 5 days in a row you are flying. I found three days this week tough. Big pat on the back for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Nules you go girl you are flying...i'm jealous of your ability to do it 5 in a row and with the variation you have done and at a good pace too...Well done and don't be so hard on yourself:D

Eh I'm still waiting for the Thank you :D. Nah good woman for continuing on with it even with some tyrant roaring at you ;)
    Thank you :rolleyes:
    Good work Nules. 5 days in a row you are flying. I found three days this week tough. Big pat on the back for you.
    5 days is probably not a great idea but it was the only way to fit in all the sessions. Now i should have not went shopping and boozing on the tuesday and did my run ..... but no... a girl has got to shop :)
    Younganne wrote: »
    Nules you go girl you are flying...i'm jealous of your ability to do it 5 in a row and with the variation you have done and at a good pace too...Well done and don't be so hard on yourself:D
    Well if you saw me yesterday anne i dont think you would have been jealous i was wrecked. decided to go to hot yoga for a stretch and i spent most of it lying down.... was lovely and warm :D

Tuesday 10th January
    5 miles in 48mins pace 9:35 + 70 mins of hot yoga after
    An ok run not too tough not too easy. Miles 2 and 3 always slow me down horrible 2 mile drag. Hot yoga was good too lots of leg work and lots of hip bum and hamstring stretches too.

Wednesday 11th January
    9 miles in 1:29 pace 9:54 + 70 mins hot yoga
    Did my LSR today as can't do it on Sunday. Lovely run in the park this afternoon. Unbelievably warm. Some BHAA race on this afternoon too. might look into those as i finish early most Wednesdays... probably won't though :) Great yoga class. himed and hawed about going. But decided a good stretch was what i needed after that LSR. Only 5 in class tonight too so lots of attention if we were doing it wrong :)

God, fair play for doing a 9 miler by yourself. And you have it out of the way nice and early. I cant wait for the bright evenings to go up to the park mid week

• Advertisement

God, fair play for doing a 9 miler by yourself. And you have it out of the way nice and early. I cant wait for the bright evenings to go up to the park mid week

Notice how my pace is under 10min/mile when i am on my own.... i talk way too much on LSR's :o

Advertisement