Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Notice how my pace is under 10min/mile when i am on my own.... i talk way too much on LSR's :o

You talking too much, nah couldn't be! Wherever did you come up with some theory like that :P. Sounds like you need to do that "silent challenge" on the next long group run. Betcha you can't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    You talking too much, nah couldn't be! Wherever did you come up with some theory like that :P. Sounds like you need to do that "silent challenge" on the next long group run. Betcha you can't :D

LSR's are supposed to be done at conversational pace! how am i supposed to know if its at conversational pace if i am not talking :mad: :D And eh noway am i stupid enough to take a bet on like that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

LSR's are supposed to be done at conversational pace! how am i supposed to know if its at conversational pace if i am not talking

you mean you don't (just occasionally) talk to yourself just to check :confused:
    9 miles under 10 min miles is great going Nules:)

LSR's are supposed to be done at conversational full-on-gossip pace! how am i supposed to know if its at conversational full-on-gossip pace if i am not talking :mad: :D And eh noway can I beat your record on silence :mad:

FYP :)

littlebug wrote: »
    you mean you don't (just occasionally) talk to yourself just to check :confused:

Oh she does all the time! Today she was probably chasing someone to listen to her coz we weren't there :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done you. Don't mind shaz, she'll miss you on Sunday!!

littlebug wrote: »
    Today was definitely not at conversational pace had to stop taking to myself after 5 mins ;)
    Oh she does all the time! Today she was probably chasing someone to listen to her coz we weren't there :D:D
    I was billy no mates today :( There were only really fast people there today so couldn't catch one :mad:
    jcsmum wrote: »

Ahh i know she will... she is all talk that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

jcsmum wrote: »

And we'll bully her in your absence :)

Hey you saying i bully shaz :mad::D Ok maybe a little but i swear its harmless and she doesn't mind ;)

Thursday 12th January
    Rsst day running wise 70 min hot yoga.
    Thought while i was online i may aswell log this. I have to say i am finding this yoga great for stretching. Its a 70min stretch class. A good bit of upper body work too and i have discovered i have zero upper body strength :rolleyes:. So hopefully i will have nice toned arms in no time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

nothing as nice as a good stretch!!! and think of all the benefits....you're going great at the running at the min...you doing Raheny in 2 weeks??? any time target?? I'm not sure yet if i'm doing it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Oh, you have me feeling guilty now, I was supposed to restart pilates yesterday :o You are great for keeping up the classes, and as for the hot yoga, WOW :eek:

Training is going really well, you are putting in consistent work! Great stuff.

Younganne wrote: »
    nothing as nice as a good stretch!!! and think of all the benefits....you're going great at the running at the min...you doing Raheny in 2 weeks??? any time target?? I'm not sure yet if i'm doing it??

Oh god is it only two weeks away :eek: Hmm target no sure. I think the race series 5miler i did was 46min but of a slow coach really :rolleyes: maybe 44??? or play it safe 45 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh god is it only two weeks away :eek: Hmm target no sure. I think the race series 5miler i did was 46min but of a slow coach really :rolleyes: maybe 44??? or play it safe 45 :)

You might just surprise yourself on the day - 40-42 :)

you can do a 5m training run in 48 so definitely aiming for 45 is "chicken"":D

i agree with RK....aim for faster....my dream would be 40 - 42 but if i can get cack into training next week and all goes ok...i would love 43!!!! iBut even if its 50 it would be a PB as its my first 5m...sounds like i've decide to do it anyway!!:eek:

Get outta here with that time...if I'm being bullied persuaded to give it a good lash then so are you :p

+1. That would be more like the aim I'm setting for you. No pressure ;)

:eek::eek: not sure I want to go running with ye anymore...mod, mod :D

Surprise alright... i would probably die of shock if i got that or die of a heart attack trying to achieve it :D
    Younganne wrote: »
    you can do a 5m training run in 48 so definitely aiming for 45 is "chicken"":D

i agree with RK....aim for faster....my dream would be 40 - 42 but if i can get cack into training next week and all goes ok...i would love 43!!!! iBut even if its 50 it would be a PB as its my first 5m...sounds like i've decide to do it anyway!!:eek:
    Yes i am a chicken Anne 100% :D sounds like you have talked yourself into it alright
    Get outta here with that time...if I'm being bullied persuaded to give it a good lash then so are you :p

+1. That would be more like the aim I'm setting for you. No pressure ;)

jeese some friend you are... i am trading you in for a younger/slower model ;)

Friday 13th :eek: January
    5miles in 49mins 9:47 + 70 mins hot yoga
    An ok run. legs feeling tight and heavy. Yoga gave them a good stretch out.

RubyK wrote: »
    Oh, you have me feeling guilty now, I was supposed to restart pilates yesterday :o You are great for keeping up the classes, and as for the hot yoga, WOW :eek:

Training is going really well, you are putting in consistent work! Great stuff.

Hot yoga is something different just got bored of 3 years of pilates and was a great deal on yoga as many as you like for the month of January for €50
    Its consistently slow work Ruby. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Saturday 14th January
    Hill reps. 5 miles in 46:38 avg pace 9:19

Into the park with shaz for hill reps this morning. 1mile w/up and about the same cool down up the kyber. i enjoyed these much more this week. Mucked up my laps on my watch somehow. So i think it was 1x400 5X300 and 2X200. The 300m cone was definitely further up than last week, alot closer to the 400 :rolleyes: Much happier with my average pace too.:)

Good session this morning, well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done to you both

Monday 16th January
    5.2miles in 49:24 avg pace 9:30
    Fartlek: 1 mile easy, 6x3 min @ 5 mile pace, 2 min off recovery, 1 mile easy
    Things on this weekend so have to do my LSR on Wednesday so decided to get this one out of the way today. pace for the 6x3mins came in at 8:05 8:21 7:51 8:27 7:57 and 8:32. Not sure what my 5mile pace is to be honest so i decided as long as it was 8.30-9min/mile i would be happy. Enjoyed this session. taking a rest day tomorrow.

great running...i find it hard to stick to the one pace...your are flying at the minute with great mileage under your belt

must try work out my 5m pace...prob aim for 8.30/8.45

Wednesday 18th January
    LSR 11 miles in 1:46:55 pace 9:43 + 70 mins hot yoga
    Kinda liking getting the LSrs done mid week but they do get a bit lonely :(. Bit of a chilly wind today aswell and never really heated up. Its official I hate north road and running up chesterfied towards castleknock gates... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Wednesday 18th January
    LSR 11 miles in 1:46:55 pace 9:43 + 70 mins hot yoga
    Kinda liking getting the LSrs done mid week but they do get a bit lonely :(. Bit of a chilly wind today aswell and never really heated up. Its official I hate north road and running up chesterfied towards castleknock gates... :mad:

Splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Nules great running. Running anything over 7/8 miles gets very boring when you are on your own.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Splitter.

:D ahh P i am not really. i will be back to a sat/sun run next week. Its far too lonely :)

• Advertisement

Well done Nules great running. Running anything over 7/8 miles gets very boring when you are on your own.
    Oh god tell me about it. even the i pod gets boring :rolleyes:

Advertisement