Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Somebody ate all my caramel buttons :mad::D
    They were delish weren't they :D

Confused how would you know what they tasted like if someone else knicked them :confused::p. Kinda like how those Hunky Dory disappeared without even a crumb left!!
    Raheny 5 mile
    Didn't want to do it and i hated it. Breathing was shocking you would swear i had smoke about 20 fags before it :rolleyes:
    Anyway a nice PB all the same 43:35 garmin time race series 5 mile was 46xx.
    Great goody bag yum yum yum

Jeez you'd swear someone forced you to run it :rolleyes:.

Good PB, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Good on ya missus, delighted for you. Sometimes the races we're not looking forward to are the ones we do best in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    Confused how would you know what they tasted like if someone else knicked them :confused::p. Kinda like how those Hunky Dory disappeared without even a crumb left!!

Jeez you'd swear someone forced you to run it :rolleyes:.

Good PB, well done

:o they were yum. Sorry i should have offered a crisp i will buy you a packet next time we are out and you FORCE me to do a race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Raheny 5 mile
    Didn't want to do it and i hated it. Breathing was shocking you would swear i had smoke about 20 fags before it :rolleyes:

Well done Nules good work. First of many p.b for 2012.

Thanks dave but i need a serious injection of speed in my legs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Don't we all;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

well done Nules, great PB for you, roll on your next PB on March 4th in The Royal County!!!:D

Don't we all;)
    :rolleyes: i wish i had that do or die gene too :D
    Younganne wrote: »
    well done Nules, great PB for you, roll on your next PB on March 4th in The Royal County!!!:D

You will spot me easy enough anne i will be wearing me dublin jersey. Love winding up the meath folk... especially me ma :D

:rolleyes: i wish i had that do or die gene too :D

Love the meath folk... especially me ma :D

ah so you come from good stock;) you'll feel right at home!!!

ah so you come from good stock;) you'll feel right at home!!!

Ah sure she is practically a Dub now herself ;) Haha she would kill me for saying that. But she has lived in dublin longer than she has lived in meath ;)

• Advertisement

here shaz what are you doing liking that comment :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done on the pb - always nice to get one when you don't want to do the race in the first place - and noshing all the caramel buttons ;)

here shaz what are you doing liking that comment :mad::mad:

Coz it's funny :D. Anything to rise you Dubs :)

racheljev wrote: »
    Well done on the pb - always nice to get one when you don't want to do the race in the first place - and noshing all the caramel buttons ;)

Thanks rachel,. Yeah shaz made me do it :mad: she's mean :D but was worth the trip for the choc fest :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Coz it's funny :D. Anything to rise you Dubs :)

Ahh Feck off. you culchies are all the same... dub haters.... where do you work again.... both of you :mad::mad:;):D sure you are practically dubs too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ahh Feck off. you culchies are all the same... dub haters....
    Non-Dubs have a special level of hatred for us. They know we're better :cool:

:eek: i'm scared....you'd be scared if i told you where i work and who my friends are!!!!!!!!;)

:eek: i'm scared....you'd be scared if i told you where i work and who my friends are!!!!!!!!;)
    I know where you work and i have friends in low places too anne :D:D;) we probably know the same people ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

That's a nice chunk to take off a 5 mile time, well done. Enjoy the goodie bag

DigiJem wrote: »
    That's a nice chunk to take off a 5 mile time, well done. Enjoy the goodie bag

Thanks DJ i need to keep reminding myself of that :)

• Advertisement

I know where you work and i have friends in low places too anne :D:D;) we probably know the same people ;)
    :D:D:D

Ahh Feck off. you culchies are all the same... dub haters.... where do you work again.... both of you :mad::mad:;):D sure you are practically dubs too :D
    Non-Dubs have a special level of hatred for us. They know we're better :cool:

Ah bless, my mum did always warn me jackeens were a bit mad....it's not often I agree with her but I would say ye are delusional alright :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Raheny 5 mile

Well done Nules. Remember its meant to hurt or your not pushing yourself enough and it probably hurts more in the shorter races :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Well done Nules :) and congrats on the pb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done Nules, that's a great PB. I was in shocking form before the race so excuse me if I came across a bit grumpy!! The caramel nibbles were absolutely amazing - if I had a bag of those a day, I'd promise to never be in bad form again!

claralara wrote: »
    Well done Nules, that's a great PB. I was in shocking form before the race so excuse me if I came across a bit grumpy!! The caramel nibbles were absolutely amazing - if I had a bag of those a day, I'd promise to never be in bad form again!

Ah you are grand CL you looked very nervous. You did great. I will have a packet in my pocket at the start of every race so just in case i bump into you again :D;)

Tuesday 31st January
    4.5 miles in 44:45 pace 9:56 + yoga.
    handy enough run was windy enough around these parts. But at least the wind was behind me going up the hill for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Well done Nules on you're 5 mile PB,its great to get PBs in Jan.there will be many more this year.

Wednesday 1st February
    1 mile easy, 30 min MP, 1 mile easy
    5.5miles in 52:37 pace 9:34
    Not sure what i am meant to be doing here i assume MP is marathon pace but at the moment i am focusing on a half marathon so wasn't sure if that Mp was meant to be half marathon pace. Anyway i did the 30 mins at an average pace of 9:20. felt ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Wednesday 1st February
    1 mile easy, 30 min MP, 1 mile easy
    5.5miles in 52:37 pace 9:34
    Not sure what i am meant to be doing here i assume MP is marathon pace but at the moment i am focusing on a half marathon so wasn't sure if that Mp was meant to be half marathon pace. Anyway i did the 30 mins at an average pace of 9:20. felt ok.

It's marathon pace for sure. Best to run it at MP, it's all part of a strength building exercise which is progressive as the weeks go on. Changing the session to HMP (half marathon pace) changes the training effect achieved in the session and in the long run will prove less beneficial to running it at MP if that makes sense.

I bet that all makes zero sense to you :)

Advertisement