Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I am in the same boat also after been sick for two weeks went out for my first run today, legs were very heavy but managed to keep going 4.5 miles in 40 mins so I will be happy just to enjoy Kildare Half and set my goal for the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Plan for the week beginning April 25th

Monday 25th: ok didn't do what i was supposed to but did walk up the Sugar Loaf... does that count :rolleyes:

Tuesday 26th: 5.4m in 53 min avg pace 9.49 This was tough going, left calf tight.
    1 hour pilates this evening.... leg work :rolleyes:
    I have revised my plan for the Kildare half i don't think i will do it sub 2hr so i will be happy with 2.10 or less :D well alot less like 11 mins less ;)

I hope you enjoyed the cross-training on the sugar loaf :P

Now whats this about a revised Kildare half...if I'm following those 2hr pacers (like you're telling me to) then so are you missus...corz no pressure like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I am in the same boat also after been sick for two weeks went out for my first run today, legs were very heavy but managed to keep going 4.5 miles in 40 mins so I will be happy just to enjoy Kildare Half and set my goal for the next one
    At least you have a reason of been sick... not sure what mine is... but there will be other halfs to crack :)

shazkea wrote: »
    I hope you enjoyed the cross-training on the sugar loaf :P

Now whats this about a revised Kildare half...if I'm following those 2hr pacers (like you're telling me to) then so are you missus...corz no pressure like :)

Cross training is VERY important and would recommend it to everyone :D

sub 2 hrs i am looking to knock off 16 mins:eek: from my cliffs half.... sure feck it will give it a go. No pressure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sub 2 hrs i am looking to knock off 16 mins:eek: from my cliffs half.... sure feck it will give it a go. No pressure :rolleyes:
    Doable! My first half was 2:17, my second was 1:58. :)

Sub-2 or die trying. :D

• Advertisement

Doable! My first half was 2:17, my second was 1:58. :)

Sub-2 or die trying. :D

That made me smile :) that was good going. I will give it a lash. Nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Your training is going great, some really nice paced runs there.

A sub 2 hour half is definitely on the cards!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Your training is going great, some really nice paced runs there.

A sub 2 hour half is definitely on the cards!
    Thanks jcsmum.... i will get there if it kills me :) if not Kildare then some other one in the summer. I will be optimistic about kildare though ;)

Wednesday April 27th

45 min tempo run
    Was hoping to keep the middle 25 under 9 min pace and if i could maybe keep going for 30 mins (that didn't happen)
    distance 5m avg pace 9.03

First 10 mins @ 9.07 (this was probably a bit too fast??)
    next 25 mins @ 8.49
    last 10 mins @ 9.39

Happy with this run. Was hot out there probably not a good idea to go running at mid day. I like these tempo runs :)

Thursday April 28th
    Decided to go to Ardgillian and do some hill reps. But when we (yep the sister is talking to me again :D) got there time was running out. So we decided we would do a 3 mile loop of the park instead. We headed down by the playground and went down the mountain ;) and headed right over to the far side of the park and went up the "easy" hill :rolleyes: Came back down the hill and passed by the castle and up the middle hill to finish.
    3.2miles in 34.29 avg pace 10.46
    Supposed to strength too but it took all my strength to get up those hills so i am saying job done for today :)

• Advertisement

Saturday April 30th
    LSR today
    14m in 2.24 Avg pace 10.17

Went into the Phoneix Park today. I met up with jcsmum to do the 14m, she had already done 7m at that stage. A lovely run and thanks to jcsmum discovered a couple of ways to add miles onto the loop... thanks for that. Stopped off at the car after about an hour for a gel and some water and kept going. Kept a steady pace all the way around. The weather was great running weather... well for me it was... cloudy and cool and a bit of drizzle to keep us cool at one point. The last mile we really picked up the pace and did it in 8.52 :eek: thats according to the Garmin... now it could be lying to me... OR maybe i am getting faster ;)
    It was lovely to run with jcsmum made time fly past and she looked as fresh as a daisy at the end of her 21miles. Lovely to meet you jcsmum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Great run, was in the park today (not running) and there were loads of runners around.
    Your hill work/torture must be paying off...well done!:D

maria74 wrote: »
    Great run, was in the park today (not running) and there were loads of runners around.
    Your hill work/torture must be paying off...well done!:D

Thanks Maria... yep the hill torture must be doing something for me :)

Sunday May 1st
    Supposed to be 5 mile pace but legs just didn't have it so just ran at a comfortable pace. It was hard though. Beautiful morning for a run... not too hot yet.
    5m in 51 avg pace 10.11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    Sunday May 1st
    Supposed to be 5 mile pace but legs just didn't have it so just ran at a comfortable pace. It was hard though. Beautiful morning for a run... not too hot yet.
    5m in 51 avg pace 10.11

Fab weather perfect for running alright.

Saturday April 30th
    LSR today
    14m in 2.24 Avg pace 10.17

Went into the Phoneix Park today. I met up with jcsmum to do the 14m, she had already done 7m at that stage. A lovely run and thanks to jcsmum discovered a couple of ways to add miles onto the loop... thanks for that. Stopped off at the car after about an hour for a gel and some water and kept going. Kept a steady pace all the way around. The weather was great running weather... well for me it was... cloudy and cool and a bit of drizzle to keep us cool at one point. The last mile we really picked up the pace and did it in 8.52 :eek: thats according to the Garmin... now it could be lying to me... OR maybe i am getting faster ;)
    It was lovely to run with jcsmum made time fly past and she looked as fresh as a daisy at the end of her 21miles. Lovely to meet you jcsmum.

And lovely to meet you too :)
    It was a great run alright. Last of the 20+ for me, so it's a definite confidence boost for Cork.

You on for LSR in the park on Sat morn?

You on for LSR in the park on Sat morn?
    Hey shaz yep i am on for it on sat morn. Same as you 11/12 miles. You can pencil me in on the other thread cos i am a bit dopey when it comes to those things :o

Plan for week beginning may 2nd
    Monday: Stretch and Strengthen
    Tuesday: 5m
    Wednesday: hill session in Ardgillian
    Thursday: 10x400 5-k pace (we will see bout this one)
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: 12m
    Sunday: 3m Pace

Monday May 2nd
    :o nothing

Tuesday May 3rd
    Could only do 4 miles was rushing back to get to pilates
    and garmin would not upload run and then it froze and then it said i had no history :mad: Anyway good job i looked at it at 4 miles time was 36.20 was happy with this. was raging i didnt have the splits though
    1 hour pilates

Hey shaz yep i am on for it on sat morn. Same as you 11/12 miles. You can pencil me in on the other thread cos i am a bit dopey when it comes to those things :o

Done :D...but I mentioned 10+...where is 11/12 coming from :rolleyes:...you'd swear I could be easily talked into things!!

• Advertisement

Done :D...but I mentioned 10+...where is 11/12 coming from :rolleyes:...you'd swear I could be easily talked into things!!

:D you can ;)

Hill Time!
    Time to hit the hills of Ardgillan again and met up with Nules for a good session.
    Usual 1.76 miles warmup on the "undulating" route and then over to the hill for the reps. Last time we met up there we did 5 and tonight we upped that to 8 (garmin count was 8 Nules so all good!). Cool down run back to the cars with a little run around car park to make it to 3.5 miles and we even stretched after!!

Enjoyed this session and quad held up well - tough going but def worth it.

As above :D stole shazs log for tonight as i forgot to press start and then stop on my garmin :rolleyes:
    This was tough alright..... my quad is fine though ;)
    thanks shaz

As above :D stole shazs log for tonight as i forgot to press start and then stop on my garmin :rolleyes:
    This was tough alright..... my quad is fine though ;)
    thanks shaz

You're very welcome and glad to hear your quad is fine :). Cheers for last night, good going out of us :D

Thursday May 5th
    3 miles in 26.45 avg pace 8.53
    Was delighted with this run... in the end. wasn't looking forward to it at all my bum was in bits after last nights hill reps. This is the fastest i have ever run 3 miles. So i am very happy. :)

Thursday May 5th
    3 miles in 26.45 avg pace 8.53
    Was delighted with this run... in the end. wasn't looking forward to it at all my bum was in bits after last nights hill reps. This is the fastest i have ever run 3 miles. So i am very happy. :)

Nice going girl, well done. My legs are tired after last night too - good sign I suppose!

Now we just need to add 10.1 more miles at this pace :eek: :eek:...no bother to us!

Now we just need to add 10.1 more miles at this pace :eek: :eek:...no bother to us!
    oh dear god when you put it like that it scares the be jaysus out of me :eek:

oh dear god when you put it like that it scares the be jaysus out of me :eek:

Tis alright fixed the post :D We'll ignore that little technicality....

Saturday May 7th
    LSR

Off into the park to to maybe 11/12m. Met up with Shaz, Aimman, Digger, Jcsmum, Pistol and Claralara.

Was great to run with a group as i haven't done that before. We were brought on a running tour of Dublin and was enjoying it and then....... the hill. I made it up it but my god i thought was chest was going to explode :) Took me a while to get back into it again. The pace was faster than what i would normally run at... i think i did ok at keeping up, i felt ok.
    I was heading back to the car and was going to stop at 11.2 but decided i would go to 11.5 but then my arm was twisted to just do the 12 by claralara.
    I really enjoyed this run and have to say i was happy with my pace.
    So... 12miles in 1:56:50 @ 9.43... now if only i can go a bit faster next week maybe.... just maybe i mite get sub 2.... maybe!!!!!:D
    Was lovely to run with you guys.... well behind some of you really :D and good to meet you all too

Saturday May 7th
    LSR

Off into the park to to maybe 11/12m. Met up with Shaz, Aimman, Digger, Jcsmum, Pistol and Claralara.

Was great to run with a group as i haven't done that before. We were brought on a running tour of Dublin and was enjoying it and then....... the hill. I made it up it but my god i thought was chest was going to explode :) Took me a while to get back into it again. The pace was faster than what i would normally run at... i think i did ok at keeping up, i felt ok.
    I was heading back to the car and was going to stop at 11.2 but decided i would go to 11.5 but then my arm was twisted to just do the 12 by claralara.
    So... 12miles in 1:56:50 @ 9.43... now if only i can go a bit faster next week maybe.... just maybe i mite get sub 2.... maybe!!!!!:D
    Was lovely to run with you guys.... well behind some of you really :D and good to meet you all too

You did great this morning and a sub 2 is definitely on the cards for you next weekend. At least there won't be any crazy hills on that run :rolleyes:
    Like you though, the pace at times was really tough going but we survived, that's the main thing.

• Advertisement

Saturday May 7th
    LSR

Good going and I think you should go for a sub 2 next week too; I think you'll surprise yourself. Plenty left in those lungs after that run....just ask those drivers in the convoy :D:D

Advertisement