Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

It's marathon pace for sure. Best to run it at MP, it's all part of a strength building exercise which is progressive as the weeks go on. Changing the session to HMP (half marathon pace) changes the training effect achieved in the session and in the long run will prove less beneficial to running it at MP if that makes sense.

I bet that all makes zero sense to you :)
    Would you believe me Brian is i said it made perfect sense :D Didn't think so. But i will do as i am told :) The half marathon i am doing is in a months time so i was just wondering. Thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nules10 wrote: »
    The half marathon i am doing is in a months time so i was just wondering. Thanks for that :)

Bohermeen?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Bohermeen?
    Yup was a great price and only 40 mins away so thought why not :) you doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Bohermeen?
    Yup was a great price and only 40 mins away so thought why not :) you doing it?

Had thought about it. Must check again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Didn't realise you were in training for a half. Wouldn't mind doing one myself.

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »

I always seem to be in training for a half :rolleyes: once I get a sub2 I am going to retire ;) yeah this one is on 4th of march just ouside Navan grand and handy and only 20e. Do it do it do it :)

jcsmum wrote: »

I always seem to be in training for a half :rolleyes: once I get a sub2 I am going to retire ;) yeah this one is on 4th of march just ouside Navan grand and handy and only 20e. Do it do it do it :)

I just might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

All the cool people are doing Bohermeen.

Thursday February 2nd
    3.2 miles in 31:47 pace 9:57
    Really tough run legs heavy and sluggish, might have something to do with running yesterdays run wrong :rolleyes: Yoga gave them a nice stretch

Sunday February 5th
    12 miles in 1:57 :02 pace 9:45
    Grand going out but tough coming back. My first ice bath of the season too and by jaysus they are so much harder in the winter.... sorry spring . i still can't feel my toes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done girly. Did you do those by yourself too?

Well done girly. Did you do those by yourself too?

I did Ro. probably explains the pace as there was no chatting ;) how is the knee?

I did Ro. probably explains the pace as there was no chatting ;) how is the knee?
    No improvement all wkd. Was gutted coming back from home. Then this morning I was walking to the bus and no limp. I started welling up on the bus with sheer happiness. What a tool I am :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No improvement all wkd. Was gutted coming back from home. Then this morning I was walking to the bus and no limp. I started welling up on the bus with sheer happiness. What a tool I am :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah good to hear it has improved. Now take it handy this week so you can come for a run with me on sunday :D

Ah good to hear it has improved. Now take it handy this week so you can come for a run with me on sunday :D

Yes boss! Im praying i'll be back in action by the wkd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good going on the LSR

I'm back in on Sat so should be around for a run on Sun I think...unless my flights for the next week say otherwise. How many miles are you planning?

shazkea wrote: »

I'm back in on Sat so should be around for a run on Sun I think...unless my flights for the next week say otherwise. How many miles are you planning?
    ahh cool. Was planning on 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

ahh cool. Was planning on 13

you're funny...not a chance I'm doing 13 on Sun - 10 at most. I can drop you off 3 miles from park and wait for you in car and then do 10 together :D

shazkea wrote: »
    you're funny...not a chance I'm doing 13 on Sun - 10 at most. I can drop you off 3 miles from park and wait for you in car and then do 10 together :D
    That sounds like a plan. But i will not be surprised if i get a " I am not coming text" sunday morning ;)

Tuesday 7th February
    3.05 miles 30:29 pace 10:00
    Had no option but to take this handy legs were sore

• Advertisement

Wednesday 8th February
    1 mile easy, 20 min HMP, 1 mile easy
    4.3 miles in 40:02 avg Pace 9:18
    managed to keep the HMP at 9:02 for the 20 mins but was tough as it was all done on a steady drag that i hate. W/u 9:51 and C/D 9:18. was in a bit of a rush to get back to go to yoga so kept the pace up for the cool down :)

Wednesday 8th February
    1 mile easy, 20 min HMP, 1 mile easy
    4.3 miles in 40:02 avg Pace 9:18
    managed to keep the HMP at 9:02 for the 20 mins but was tough as it was all done on a steady drag that i hate. W/u 9:51 and C/D 9:18. was in a bit of a rush to get back to go to yoga so kept the pace up for the cool down :)

Well done, good going there.

Yeah well done. You are really getting into the speedy work. It will stand tya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great running Nules going to try the same tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

fair play Nules, i couldn't get the first 10 mins pace settled at all!!! good going!!

Great running Nules going to try the same tomorrow
    How did you get on with it today Dave, its great fun... isn't it :rolleyes:
    Younganne wrote: »
    fair play Nules, i couldn't get the first 10 mins pace settled at all!!! good going!!

Anne i find gradually increasing the pace during the warm up mile makes it easier to get to and hold the HMP. it works for me most of the time :D

Thursday February 9th
    3.2 miles in 31:39 pace 9:53
    Legs very stiff at the moment. was very happy having only to do an easy 3 tonight. Rest day tomorrow= wine night tonight ;)

Had to change it around at the last minute, so did my LSR run after work today. Am hoping to do it tomorrow but I have a slight strain in my calf muscle. Will see how I am in the morning but should be good to go.

Had to change it around at the last minute, so did my LSR run after work today. Am hoping to do it tomorrow but I have a slight strain in my calf muscle. Will see how I am in the morning but should be good to go.

Nice to get the LSR out of the way before the weekend. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah it was great alright didn't get as much done as I wanted to. A friend started running so we had to go a bit slower but it was nice to have someone to run with. Still got close to 9 miles done and that was the longest he has ever ran so it was a plus.

Advertisement