Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Nules, Did it today maybe it was a bad idea after yesterday did the mile warm up at a steady 9.18. Then ran 20 mins at 7.40 very tired now. It was tough a lot harder then i thought it would be. Probably went a little to quick was hoping for more of a 8.10 pace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

God that's fantastic going Dave well done. I would imagine it was alot harder having done 9 miles yesterday. I am doing the hill session tomorrow which sounds tough :eek:

Saturday February 11th
    1mile easy, 8x1 min hills 1 mile easy
    Tough but weirdly enjoyable. Hill reps at 10k pace so based this on my 5 mile time which mc millian gave me as 8:40.... soo reps went like this :rolleyes: 8:51, 7:47, 8:09, 8:11, 8:31, 8:07, 8:23 and 7:48(felt like puking after this one :o). So what have i learned from todays session? I am s**t at pacing :) I felt i could do better than the 8:40 mc millian said. But maybe i supposed to do them at that pace. The reps felt ok..ish up to about 40 seconds and then it was tough. But ecoli said it was meant to be like that... i am sure i read that somewhere :rolleyes:

Total distance for session 4 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Nules10 wrote: »
    Saturday February 11th
    1mile easy, 8x1 min hills 1 mile easy
    Tough but weirdly enjoyable. Hill reps at 10k pace so based this on my 5 mile time which mc millian gave me as 8:40.... soo reps went like this :rolleyes: 8:51, 7:47, 8:09, 8:11, 8:31, 8:07, 8:23 and 7:48(felt like puking after this one :o). So what have i learned from todays session? I am s**t at pacing :) I felt i could do better than the 8:40 mc millian said. But maybe i supposed to do them at that pace. The reps felt ok..ish up to about 40 seconds and then it was tough. But ecoli said it was meant to be like that... i am sure i read that somewhere :rolleyes:

Total distance for session 4 miles

Good session Nules you are not hanging around on those hills.I don't do hills weirdly enjoyable or not!!!!!!!:D

Runonewon wrote: »
    Good session Nules you are not hanging around on those hills.I don't do hills weirdly enjoyable or not!!!!!!!:D

Try them you might like them ;)

• Advertisement

Sunday February 12th
    13.1 miles in 2:08:41 pace 9:49
    Met up with sunflowerro in the park we were supposed to be a threesome but the 3rd person is not long out of bed apparently ;). I wasn't sure how the legs would be after yesterdays session they were fine. It was great to have the company for 7 miles and by the time i got back to the car to get some water i only had 4.5 miles left. Felt pretty good on this run. Pace for last 4.5 was 9:30. Those gels really do work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Sunday February 12th
    Met up with sunflowerro in the park we were supposed to be a threesome but the 3rd person is not long out of bed apparently ;). I wasn't sure how the legs would be after yesterdays session they were fine. It was great to have the company for 7 miles and by the time i got back to the car to get some water i only had 4.5 miles left. Felt pretty good on this run. Pace for last 4.5 was 9:30. Those gels really do work :)

Oh well done on the pace increase. We were probably plodding along two slow at the start - chatting too much!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

You lot are all flying... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sunday February 12th

:eek: and you wonder why I didn't come running with ye this morn :D...sorry couldn't resist!

Nice running missus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Practicing for bohermeen?! Nice going there. Sub 2 for Sure....no pressure.

• Advertisement

Oh well done on the pace increase. We were probably plodding along two slow at the start - chatting too much!!!
    Us chatting too much never ;)
    shazkea wrote: »
    :eek: and you wonder why I didn't come running with ye this morn :D...sorry couldn't resist!
    Nice running missus
    I know thats why i put it up
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Practicing for bohermeen?! Nice going there. Sub 2 for Sure....no pressure.
    No pressure :D here's hoping K. if not there is always another one ;)
    littlebug wrote: »
    You lot are all flying... :)
    Thanks littlebug.. just enjoying it at the moment long may it continue :)

Tuesday 14th February
    4 .5 miles in 42:37 pace 9:28
    Really really sore arms and shoulders after yesterdays yoga made for a really uncomfortable run. Legs were fine perfect running weather but the bloody arms are aching so much, no matter what way i held them the hurt. On a positive note it must mean my Madonna type arms are progressing nicely. Wonder can you foam roll arms :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Wonder can you foam roll arms :rolleyes:

I think you need 3 arms for that. :confused:

Aimman wrote: »
    I think you need 3 arms for that. :confused:
    Turns out you can and no 3rd arm required :D god bless google

Wednesday February 15th
    1 mile easy, 8x400m @ 5 mile Race pace w / 1 min , 1 mile easy
    Have to say i found these tough. A bit of a wind where i do these. might explain why the pace is all over the place or that could just be me :rolleyes: Splits were 7:31 :eek: 8:18 8:09 8:18 8:10 8:23 8:00 8:11. Some of my recoveries were longer than a minute too. My 5 mile race pace from Raheny was 8:40 but thought it no harm to push it a bit. Thank god they are done :)
    Total miles covered in session 5

Oh so you got out of bed before midday? ha. Well done. Good session by the sounds of it!

Oh so you got out of bed before midday? ha. Well done. Good session by the sounds of it!

Only coz she needed chocolate and wine :D

God yeah sure I would die of hunger otherwise :D

Giant caramel buttons yum :D and I wonder why I am not a size 0 :D

You know she hides a bottle of vodka in the wooded area along the Bends in the PP.....and makes us do laps past it

:D you too are painting a shocking bad picture of me. I'm on holidays :cool:

• Advertisement

:D you too are painting a shocking bad picture of me. [SIZE="6"]I'm on holidays :cool:[/SIZE]
    Regardless... You shouldn't mix vodka with wine.

Regardless... You shouldn't mix vodka with wine.

You're right I will stick to the wine only ;)

Thursday 16th February
    4.5m in 42:52 pace 9:32
    decided to do my usual loop in the opposite direction which meant getting the steep hill up as opposed to the long drag up. Steep hill with the wind in my face but it was out of the way at the beginning of the run. rest was grand but it is shocking windy out

Thursday 16th February
    4.5m in 42:52 pace 9:32
    decided to do my usual loop in the opposite direction which meant getting the steep hill up as opposed to the long drag up. Steep hill with the wind in my face but it was out of the way at the beginning of the run. rest was grand but it is shocking windy out

Savage windy wasnt it. When you running next?

Saturday February 18th
    13.1 miles in 2:09 pace 9:54
    Started off with the OT run first. My plan was to run it at half marathon pace which i did 9:02 pace. Stopped after it for a breather and to cheer my sis to the finish.... nice sprint finish from her. She was chuffed with herself. have her thinking about a 10k race now. Then cheered on mammy nules to the finish. She ran/walked it and did great too. I am sure i will be on the telly next week as i was side by side with one of the leaders and wanted to finish before him :o... keep an eye out for me i am the one in the pink with a shocking determined look on my face :D
    After the excitement of the above myself and shaz plodded on. I have to say i found this a total b1tch of a run. My legs were like lead and so many times i was about to stop. There was very little chatting too. That bloody wind was a nightmare. I left shaz off to go back to the car and i plodded on. I was going to just do the 12 but decided sure do 12.5 and by then would have been silly not to round it up to 13.1. Awful run though :rolleyes:

Good run Nules. Think that's the quietest we've ever been on a run :D. It does prove the theory tho that shutting up does not make us run quicker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done there tv superstar!!! Although I hope you weren't jostling others coming up to the finish line!!! Pity you donated your boards running shirt to charity! You could have worn that and really showed off.

Well done on The mileage, sub 2 for definite....no pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great running on Saturday! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you on OT :)

Good run Nules. Think that's the quietest we've ever been on a run :D. It does prove the theory tho that shutting up does not make us run quicker!!!
    :D I know. I could barely breathe let alone chat
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done there tv superstar!!! Although I hope you weren't jostling others coming up to the finish line!!! Pity you donated your boards running shirt to charity! You could have worn that and really showed off.

Well done on The mileage, sub 2 for definite....no pressure.
    Of course i was jostling :D I want to be famous. After saturdays outing i am not so sure of a sub2 :eek:
    RubyK wrote: »
    Great running on Saturday! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you on OT :)
    He he do. I just hope they haven't cut me now :D

• Advertisement

Tuesday 21st February
    3miles in 28:29 pace 9:28
    Thats all i have to say on that really :)

Advertisement