Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Tuesday 21st February
    3miles in 28:29 pace 9:28
    Thats all i have to say on that really :)

Some epic posts on the logs today; knackered after reading yours and jcsmum's post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    Some epic posts on the logs today; knackered after reading yours and jcsmum's post :D

:D

Wednesday 22nd February
    1 mile easy, 4x600m @ 5 mile Race pace w / 90 sec , 1 mile easy
    Well to say i did not like this is an understatement. Legs heavy and tired. Splits were 8:22 8:31 8:27 and 8:31 :rolleyes: legs would not go any faster. and i swear the wind just comes out to play on interval day :mad:

miles in session 4.5 avg pace 9:32

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done Nulsey. You are really getting the hang of these intervals. I need to bite the bullet and start doing them. Dont know what my big deal is with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »

We didn't want to tire you out...

• Advertisement

Well done, good session. That wind was awful today alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done Nules, ye very bad wind out there yesterday...hope the legs are feeling a bit more refreshed today...keep up the good work!! you'll see the difference Sunday week!

I didn't see you on the OT coverage last night.....it wasn't great coverage!!! But well done to all, great achievement for them...do you remember your first race???

Younganne wrote: »
    Well done Nules, ye very bad wind out there yesterday...hope the legs are feeling a bit more refreshed today...keep up the good work!! you'll see the difference Sunday week!

I didn't see you on the OT coverage last night.....it wasn't great coverage!!! But well done to all, great achievement for them...do you remember your first race???

They definitely don't feel refreshed today so will take my run extra handy. I kow i can't believe they cut me :D Have to say was a great day and so many people hopefully will have caught the running bug. Womens mini marathon my first race.... thought i was the bees knees for finishing it :)

Thursday 23rd February
    3.2 miles in 29:45 pace 9:16
    Much better run today. Pushed it a bit for last half mile, just wanted to get home and get my dinner on really :)

Friday 24th February
    1mile easy, 6x1 min hills 1 mile easy
    Had to do this today as heading out tonight and knew this would not be done tomorrow. I am not even going to bother putting up the splits because they are shocking. I have walked faster :o I decided to visit the hills in Ardgillian for this just to see if they had flattened out over the winter... they haven't at all :rolleyes:. in fact when i got there "my hill" had turned into a vertical cliff so made for one hell of a tough session. I am so deflated after this run. Stupid Hills :mad: Bring on the wine :cool:

• Advertisement

Hey Missus...don't be so hard on yourself...you did the hills and didn't chicken away from them and fair play for doing them knowing that tomorrow they might not happen...so go enjoy your wine and "BE HAPPY":D

Younganne wrote: »
    Hey Missus...don't be so hard on yourself...you did the hills and didn't chicken away from them and fair play for doing them knowing that tomorrow they might not happen...so go enjoy your wine and "BE HAPPY":D
    Ahh thanks Anne. Legs were screaming after them. Don't know how i am going to don the high heels tonight. Emergency flats will be coming with me ;) I will be very happy later ;)

hey dont forget you had thursday's session in the legs too. Bound to have an impact. I'm just impressed with you doing these hills in the first place. I've shyed (Is that how its spelt Miss?) away from them for too long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Nules I think sometime a bad run can be a good thing. Don't let it take away from all the good work you are doing. I did the sprint training yesterday and it has to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. It will make the wine taste much nicer tonight.

Nules I think sometime a bad run can be a good thing. Don't let it take away from all the good work you are doing. I did the sprint training yesterday and it has to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. It will make the wine taste much nicer tonight.

Thanks Dave. Just had a bad week running wise in general, felt like i was going nowhere fast. But had a much better day today.... and you were right the wine tasted much nicer ;)

Sunday 26th February
    10 Miles LSR in 1:42 pace 10:15
    Himed and Hawed about going into the park to do this. glad i did lovely day. met up with a few boardsies and did 6 miles with them pace 10:36. I did the last 4 on my own a picked the pace up a bit... not much now pace 9:39. was a nice relaxed run and actually flew in.

Haha, Was having a good week until Thursday and since then everything as gone down hill no motivation at all.

One of those weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Nules10 wrote: »
    Sunday 26th February
    10 Miles LSR in 1:42 pace 10:15
    Himed and Hawed about going into the park to do this. glad i did lovely day. met up with a few boardsies and did 6 miles with them pace 10:36. I did the last 4 on my own a picked the pace up a bit... not much now pace 9:39. was a nice relaxed run and actually flew in.

nice run, gorgeous day for it too!!

How's the cold Nulsey?

I think I may have killed the fecker before it took over my body :D fingers crossed lots of lovely lemsips :D

• Advertisement

That cold better be gone by the weekend! Good on ya doing those hill sessions, I'm steering well clear.

Tuesday 28th February
    2miles in 18:58 pace 9:27
    Thank god it was only 2 miles i had to do. Home from work early and got into bed but forced myself out of it to go do the 2 miles. Sore throat on sunday and monday but managed to kill that with lots of difflam. But now a bit bunged up in the nose and head :mad: I never get sick. It really is nothing but my breathing was very laboured for the 2miles. Decided to go to yoga and sweat it out of me... i would say i was the most annoying person there tonight with my snorting, sniffling and heavy breathing... but you know what i feel less bunged up now. lemsip and bed now and will be all better by tomorrow :)

Dont be going running when you are sick!!!! It will send it around your body like wildfire. I know its rich advice coming from me but you've banked the miles now so dont take any chances. Get to bed NOW

Dont be going running when you are sick!!!! It will send it around your body like wildfire. I know its rich advice coming from me but you've banked the miles now so dont take any chances. Get to bed NOW

Well said Ro...you listening Nules!!

I love the way we're all great for giving advice. You better not be snorting and sniffling on Sunday ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    I love the way we're all great for giving advice. You better not be snorting and sniffling on Sunday ;)

Haha that's more like it. Get well soon Nules

Just trying to be helpful and in no way way stirring :D.

I know full well though, like all of us, we think we know better and do the exact opposite anyway :rolleyes:

Edit: +1 on the snorting and sniffling - won't be car pooling if you still are...

Hey Nules, i hope you are feeling better....Rest, Rest, Rest, i've the same and haven't done any running so far this week....think my sinus is starting to play up again too so will try and shift it....but haste having this fuzzy headache all the time!! Typical...week before a race and it hits us all!!!

Rest up and looking forward to catching up with you on Sunday!!!

What do you mean by "giving advice"? Its called bullying in my world :):)

• Advertisement

Nules has decided to listen to our advice and is not running today - instead a rest day on the cards. Wonders will never cease :p

Must alert Dublin Airport Air Traffic Control that pigs will be flying by shortly...

Advertisement