Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    Nules has decided to listen to our advice and is not running today - instead a rest day on the cards. Wonders will never cease :p

Must alert Dublin Airport Air Traffic Control that pigs will be flying by shortly...

:D 'tis true I am in my bed. But if I feel better later on I might just go for a quick one ;) I am kidding.... Honestly :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Ye think! I've locked your doors from the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules I think you have your first cyber stalker :P

Nules I think you have your first cyber stalker :P

:D ohhh my very own stalker... How exciting

Hey Nules, just wondering if you fancy a run in the Wicklow mountains. Just the two of us? We'll leave the phones behind and escape it all.

• Advertisement

Hey Nules, just wondering if you fancy a run in the Wicklow mountains. Just the two of us? We'll leave the phones behind and escape it all.

:D would it not be easier to drive ;)

Going to distance myself from this conversation as I'm sure this exchange could be used in a trial as evidence of intent :pac:. it wasn't me....

I'm innocent I'm innocent. I've been framed your honour :):)

Nules has decided to listen to our advice and is not running today - instead a rest day on the cards. Wonders will never cease :p

Must alert Dublin Airport Air Traffic Control that pigs will be flying by shortly...
    No reports of flying pigs :) Slept for two hours this afternoon. feel much better i did go to yoga but took it easy. I should be good to go tomorrow.

The fact you slept for two hrs goes to show the body was tired trying to fight something off. Good on ya being sensible. You'll be fighting fit come Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hope you are feeling better Nules10 - best of luck on Sunday and nailing the sub2 :)

RubyK wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better Nules10 - best of luck on Sunday and nailing the sub2 :)

Much better today. thanks ruby :)

Thursday 1st march
    1 mile easy, 2 x 1 mile @ HM Race pace w / 90 sec , 1 mile easy
    Missed this yesterday so did it today instead. mile 1 w/up 9:53, mile 2 pace 8:52 Mile 3 pace 8:53 cool down 1.5 miles 10:00. Not a bad run. Roll on sunday. Will give it my best shot anyway :) And sure there is always another half around the corner ;)

Total miles in session 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Good on you Nules. Give it socks. There is plenty more but you will come pretty close this time

Good run today Nules. You're in good shape for the wkd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hey Nules, Good luck for Sunday too....hopefully will meet up with you at some stage...i'll probably were my long sleeved orange top so watch out for me....
    hopefully i'll spot you and if its after it will be by the size of your grin when you get your Sub 2:D...no bother to you, you are flying at the minute with great mileage under your belt so far this year!!!:D

Good luck tomorrow Nules.

@ Anne I will keep an eye out for you.
    Thanks Dave just tucking into my bagel and getting some water into me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Good luck today - sub2 all the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Hope all goes well today!

• Advertisement

I am never running again :o
    I am not even going to bother with a report because i don't want to relive that heap of s**te of a day :) 2:06:42. If you want to know how to train to run slower send me a pm ;) Shocking bad mood and shaz got the brunt of it coming home in the car... sorry about that :o I just lost it at mile 4. Legs dead. I am going to stick with the yoga... at least i am improving at that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »
    I am not even going to bother with a report because i don't want to relive that heap of s**te of a day :) 2:06:42. If you want to know how to train to run slower send me a pm ;) Shocking bad mood and shaz got the brunt of it coming home in the car... sorry about that :o I just lost it at mile 4. Legs dead. I am going to stick with the yoga... at least i am improving at that :o

Conditions were very tough out there, the wind, the hailstones, the cold.
    Every race I run I question my sanity, races hurt, I can't say I've ever enjoyed one.
    Maybe take a break from races for a while and just run for the joy of running (oh, and the company!:))

jcsmum wrote: »
    Conditions were very tough out there, the wind, the hailstones, the cold.
    Every race I run I question my sanity, races hurt, I can't say I've ever enjoyed one.
    Maybe take a break from races for a while and just run for the joy of running (oh, and the company!:))

Oh such wise advice K - Nules does this sound familiar ;)

Everybody has their off days and rubbish races, today unfort was one of those. You are being way too hard on yourself and onwards and upwards.

BTW you left out the part where you drove through potholes on purpose to scald me with the coffee :D. Seriously ta for the lift and "good" company :p

No harm Nules plenty more races. Take a few days off and chill out. Have a big glass of wine and forget about it.

Its only a race. Bad day at the races

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

You said it yourself Nules Will give it my best shot anyway smile.gif And sure there is always another half around the corner wink.gif

Not too worry, things didnt go my way either Nules, but chin up and move on to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Nules10 wrote: »

Welcome to my world! This is me for every race... get used to it, glad I'm not the only one, but I can guarantee, come the next couple of days and you first of all feel guilty for not running, then start go go into cold turkey for not running, then head out for a little run to stop the guilty voices in your head and realise that you enjoy running again, you'll be back on track again.

You had more opportunities to back out and stop then you could shake a stick at, but you didnt... thats the importantt key Nules, ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Ah Nules, im really disappointed for you and i know you said theres always another race but i feel your disappointment & frustration.

You will eventually get your sub 2 but it just wasn't meant to be today. You still ran a half marathon in a great time and kept going to the end even though you knew your sub 2 was gone and you had cramps from mile 4...fair play for not throwing in the towel.

Remember you were also under the weather this week...head up, few days off and then back to your plan.

I'm really disappointed i didn't manage to see you today, but we will catch up again soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I think I have felt like that after nearly every race I've ever done :o I think 2.06 is great!
    Sounds like a tough one though. Plenty more on the calendar....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

You'll get it but it may take some time. Have a think about what went wrong and anything that you can change, do. If you're not well beforehand, its in the lap of the Gods but the sub 2 is there, it may take a bit of time but will be worth it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Chin up Nules, you'll do it next time!

Advertisement