Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »
    What doesn't kill you....;)
    Well done. I didn't know you were doing conn until last weekend when a little birdie told me!
    Nules10 wrote: »
    It was that same birdie that got me into this mess :rolleyes: If i could get out of it i would but alas too late. I will crawl if i have to :)

Gosh that birdie has alot to answer for :D

Well done on the hills Nules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well done on signing up for Conn, tis an event you should do once. And the hills ain't are bad as everyone says, its twice the Kyber over a longer distance so you know whats ahead of you.

And they'll be a sub 2 i hope.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well done on signing up for Conn, tis an event you should do once. And the hills ain't are bad as everyone says, its twice the Kyber over a longer distance so you know whats ahead of you.

For the price of it you can only afford to do it once - 70 for a half is robbery :eek:

Thanks for the tip on the kyber, feel much more at ease now....not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

chinguetti wrote: »

Oh cool i was going to ask someone to give me a verbal account of the course as sometimes the elevation map can look a bit scary. Not going for sub2 on this though... i couldn't manage it on a course that was almost flat as a pancake so definitely not trying on this course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

definitely not trying on this course :)

Sometimes, when you least expect it, you run the best race ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

And bohermeen was NOT flat!!

RubyK wrote: »
    Sometimes, when you least expect it, you run the best race ;)
    I am not convinced ruby :o
    jcsmum wrote: »
    And bohermeen was NOT flat!!
    It was by the time i came round.... all the fast people had flattened out them hills ;) thanks K :)

Thursday 15th March
    3.1 miles
    Have very little energy at the moment.... getting dressed has me worn out :rolleyes: A hard slog tonight. Left leg sore from toe to hip. Thank god rest day tomorrow. I am exhausted :(

Thursday 15th March
    3.1 miles
    Have very little energy at the moment.... getting dressed has me worn out :rolleyes: A hard slog tonight. Left leg sore from toe to hip. Thank god rest day tomorrow. I am exhausted :(

Medicinal glass of wine, lindt and couch called for missus :). Take it handy

shazkea wrote: »
    Medicinal glass of wine, lindt and couch called for missus :). Take it handy

Will double up on the choc as there is no booze in the house ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Will double up on the choc as there is no booze in the house ;)

Enjoy the choc and the rest.....get the energy built back up......

Sunday 18th march
    14 miles
    Decided to get up and hit the road before all the hangover heads took to their cars. Fantastic day for running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great running Nules. You are making me feel guilty for not doing anything.

Tuesday 20th march
    3 sore miles
    Hip flexor problem that I had during marathon training rearing it's ugly head again. Rest and ice and see how it goes. :(

Tuesday 20th march
    3 sore miles
    Hip flexor problem that I had during marathon training rearing it's ugly head again. Rest and ice and see how it goes. :(

Crap, crap, crap...hopefully dishy can sort it out for you ;)

Crap, crap, crap...hopefully dishy can sort it out for you ;)

;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Ah crap Nules, fingers crossed its just a minor blip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

hope its better soon Nules...

progress report? Hopefully you're feeling better.

Thanks guys hopefully its nothing too serious. I could barely manage my 3 miles on tuesday. General hip area and glutes stiff. Got dry needling done on it last friday and it worked a treat but i stupidly went and did 14miles on sunday. I probably should have rested. :rolleyes: Anyway same treatment again tomorrow but will rest it for 3/4 days afterwards. I suppose the stiffness in my hip never really went after DCM it just became "the norm" and i could manage running on it no problem. Anyway need to get it 100% before i start upping the distance any more.

• Advertisement

So great how those rest days coincide with nights outs...that's some planning :D

Nah you're absolutely right to get it sorted out before I decide to sign up for anymore races!! Hopefully a few sessions and rest will do the trick.

So great how those rest days coincide with nights outs...that's some planning :D

Nah you're absolutely right to get it sorted out before I decide to sign up for anymore races!! Hopefully a few sessions and rest will do the trick.

:D I know couldn't have planned it better if i tried too :rolleyes: I have ignored it for too long now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

General hip area and glutes stiff. Got dry needling done on it last friday and it worked a treat but i stupidly went and did 14miles on sunday. I probably should have rested. :rolleyes:

Gosh, we are all the same aren't we :o We run along with that niggle, until it's no longer just a niggle, then off to the physio, get a battering, take one rest day and then test it out! Seriously though, I hope this is just a minor blip, and you'll get it sorted with a bit more rest. Enjoy the weekend ;)

god i would love to be out running in this weather, but alas my hip has other ideas. Exact same issue i had with DCM. So i have being given strength exercises to do for my glutes, my unbelievably weak glutes at that and other areas of weakness.... which seems to be everywhere :rolleyes: so doing the exercises and they seem to be working as my backside is sore the next day. Conn is out for me, unless some kind of miracle happens between now and sunday. :(

Rest up Nules get it right before you do any more races. Start back slow this time not 14 miles:D

Rest up Nules get it right before you do any more races. Start back slow this time not 14 miles:D

:o ok boss good advice :)

You know I'm right:). I am always right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Conn is out for me, unless some kind of miracle happens between now and sunday. :(

ah no :( (fingers crossed for that miracle)

Real crap luck (again), C. Very disappointed for you.

• Advertisement

You know I'm right:). I am always right

A man that is always right :D:D:D:D:D:D ahhh Dave you're funny ;)

Advertisement