Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

littlebug wrote: »
    ah no :( (fingers crossed for that miracle)
    Don't think it's going to happen :( doing my strength exercises like I was told but somehow I think a week of doing them is just not going to fix me. But on a positive note I get to have some beers on Saturday night now :D
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Real crap luck (again), C. Very disappointed for you.
    I am never saying "I am never running again" as soon as I found my mojo again I am off running. Not fair. Anyway I am gutted I can't do conn now as is my wallet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

get yourself fixed properly Nules and then you'll enjoy the running a whole lot more:)

Nules10 wrote: »
    A man that is always right :D:D:D:D:D:D ahhh Dave you're funny ;)

Yes Nules he is right ;)( don't you know you always tell the man he is right):D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Don't think it's going to happen :( doing my strength exercises like I was told but somehow I think a week of doing them is just not going to fix me. But on a positive note I get to have some beers on Saturday night now :D

I am never saying "I am never running again" as soon as I found my mojo again I am off running. Not fair. Anyway I am gutted I can't do conn now as is my wallet :rolleyes:

Eh no you flipping well can't have beer - if I'm not having any neither are you :p.

Real shame about Conn but time to get that injury sorted once and for all. Plenty other races around.

shazkea wrote: »
    Eh no you flipping well can't have beer - if I'm not having any neither are you :p.

Real shame about Conn but time to get that injury sorted once and for all. Plenty other races around.

Eh i flipping well can :D just try stop me.... i will kick ya in the shins if you do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Hard luck with the injury C, that is just so disheartening. Hope it gets sorted pronto. Enjoy your pints anyway :) (And is your physio really dishy or is Shaz messing?)

racheljev wrote: »
    Hard luck with the injury C, that is just so disheartening. Hope it gets sorted pronto. Enjoy your pints anyway :) (And is your physio really dishy or is Shaz messing?)

Thanks rachel. Yep he is very dishy indeed but at this stage i would give him up to be able to run again :eek: Oh god i must be addicted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Frustrating stuff Nules, but fingers crossed you're on the mend and will be back on the roads in no time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Thanks for the support yesterday Nules, hope you’re back on the road yourself shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Hey Nules. Sorry again you didn’t get the chance to run in Conn. You'll have to have to do it next year! And thanks so much for the screaming support at the end - it was great to see you guys! :)

• Advertisement

I have being given the green light for a run/walk on sunday. A whole 3 min run at any one time :rolleyes: It's a start i suppose. :(

Nules, as you say its a start, just remember to take it easy and see how things go from there....like you said before when you can't run it makes you want to run all the more...enjoy the run and you'll be back in even better shape than before and raring to go!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Great to hear you've gotten the green light to start running again! After all the hard work to build those strong muscles you'll never get injured again;)

Ease yourself back in and do what Mr. Dishy tells you. Enjoy your first run back Nules!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great news Nules. Its a start no matter how small. One small step and all that craic

Sunday April 8th
    Bit of a run/walk today (ok so it was more of a run/run slower strategy ) Walked a bit for 2 mins stretched hip out and did a run for about 3 mins as i was told to, hip was stiff and sore stopped and stretched it out again and took off again for another 3 mins it had loosened out a good bit so stopped and stretched it again so pretty much did this for 30 mins and each run got a bit longer. felt good so lots of stretching and my strength exercises when i came home. Hip stiff again now so will ice the life out of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Sunday April 8th
    Bit of a run/walk today (ok so it was more of a run/run slower strategy ) Walked a bit for 2 mins stretched hip out and did a run for about 3 mins as i was told to, hip was stiff and sore stopped and stretched it out again and took off again for another 3 mins it had loosened out a good bit so stopped and stretched it again so pretty much did this for 30 mins and each run got a bit longer. felt good so lots of stretching and my strength exercises when i came home. Hip stiff again now so will ice the life out of it :)

Delighted you got out. Slow and steady now...look after yourself and recover well :)

Dont't forget to put some ice into a glass too...that helps with recovery too;);)
    Delight for you that you are back out there...enjoy you slow easy return!!

Friday 13th April
    3miles very slow on grass. So after 3/4 weeks of icing, glute strengthening(j.lo bum here I come :D) stretching and eating :rolleyes: it was time to put this injury to bed once and for all. So a slow 3 miles this morning followed by 1/2 hr of strength exercises and icing. Not totally 100% but who is ever 100% niggle free in this running game :rolleyes: well except for jcsmum :D anyway going to run every second day for the next couple of weeks and take it from there. If that doesn't work I may take up cycling :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Friday 13th April
    3miles very slow on grass. So after 3/4 weeks of icing, glute strengthening(j.lo bum here I come :D) stretching and eating :rolleyes: it was time to put this injury to bed once and for all. So a slow 3 miles this morning followed by 1/2 hr of strength exercises and icing. Not totally 100% but who is ever 100% niggle free in this running game :rolleyes: well except for jcsmum :D anyway going to run every second day for the next couple of weeks and take it from there. If that doesn't work I may take up cycling :eek: :eek:

Ah I fell about the place laughing here at that, oh you sooo funny ;)

Good luck on the recovery trail, you'll be back to full tilt in no time.

Good woman yourself...enjoy being back at the running and heres hoping the injuries are way behind you!!!

JLO's bum...:eek: is that a gud thing or a bad thing....i'm sure there'll be interesting answers from the different sexes on that question!!!!;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

well done Nules

Younganne wrote: »
    Good woman yourself...enjoy being back at the running and heres hoping the injuries are way behind you!!!

JLO's bum...:eek: is that a gud thing or a bad thing....i'm sure there'll be interesting answers from the different sexes on that question!!!!;);)

Yeah all the cool peeps want a J.lo bum :cool: has to be better than mine :D

Sunday 15th April
    LSR 4 miles :rolleyes:
    Its progress an extra mile today, Pain free, well for most of it ached a bit just finishing off the last mile and didn't have to stop at all during it to stretch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Sunday 15th April
    LSR 4 miles :rolleyes:
    Its progress an extra mile today, Pain free, [SIZE="2"]well for most of it ached a bit just finishing off the last mile[/SIZE] and didn't have to stop at all during it to stretch. :)

Progress is progress. Fingers crossed everything keeps getting better. We miss you in the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great to see your back in action Nules, keep up the good progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Great to see you back Nules! We'll be tackling those LSRs in the park in no time, keep it steady now though. Don't want to have to go back to AK.....

jcsmum wrote: »
    Progress is progress. Fingers crossed everything keeps getting better. We miss you in the park.
    And i miss running with you guys in the park too. But hopefully back very soon :)
    RubyK wrote: »
    Great to see your back in action Nules, keep up the good progress :)
    Thanks ruby. Need to keep up the strength exercises even after the injury is fixed :rolleyes:
    Cutex wrote: »
    Great to see you back Nules! We'll be tackling those LSRs in the park in no time, keep it steady now though. Don't want to have to go back to AK.....[/QUOTE]
    And that would be bad... how :D

Tuesday april 17th
    3miles around and around the pitch. getting bored doing this but has to be done. upped the pace a bit just to see happy to see avg pace down to 9:30 but it wasn't easy :rolleyes:

Friday April 20th
    3miles around the pitches again
    Saturday April 21st
    Ok so i decided i was bored with the circles and took to the roads instead... just to see. Was going to take a route in that i could do 3/4 or 5 miles depending on the hip. So i finally got to wear my new runners that have been sitting in their box for the past month... i couldnt possibly wear them to the pitches and get them dirty :rolleyes: So off i set waiting for the pain... no pain for the 1st mile or 2nd or 3rd or 4th :eek: looked down to make sure leg was still attached so i finished at 5. pain free. Was expecting pain afterwards nope none and not even today. So i have come to the conclusion.... i needed to change my runners :o will continue to do some sessions on grass just to be sure... i guess i will have to get the runners dirty now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done C, great to see you back.

Advertisement