Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Fantastic, you must be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

No harm running on grass anyway, at least some of the time. It's easier on your legs, and improves your stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Well done Nules! Good to have you back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done lady. Looks like you are well and truly back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Good on you Nules. Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Glad you're back in action Nules, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Thanks everyone, sure does feel good to be back. Ray i will continue to do 1 or two sessions a week on grass. Definitely alot harder running on grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

welcome back nules, great to see you are pain free again...long may it continue. I find its earier to keep the pace down when on grass or on the Trails in the park!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great stuff Nules, you must be thrilled to be running pain-free again! Delighted for you :)

Tuesday 24th April
    3.2 miles pace 9:27
    Just wanted to go a bit faster today just to check leg out. It was grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Nules10 wrote: »
    Tuesday 24th April
    3.2 miles pace 9:27
    Just wanted to go a bit faster today just to check leg out. It was grand :)

Yaay! Nice one :)

Friday 27th April
    6.5miles
    Loved loved loved it :D

Great stuff.......i just finished 6.5m lunchtime run...we could have gone together...:D.

Friday 27th April
    6.5miles

Ah great stuff, delighted for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great going today Nules, you are making flying progess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Friday 27th April
    6.5miles

So good to read :) makes me want to go and run again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great stuff Nules. Well done

Nules how are you today after your longer run yesterday? any after effects? hope not!!

Have a few after effects but nothing to do with the run Anne :D self inflicted pain :rolleyes: Leg feels ok. A bit stiff but nothing new there. Waiting on results of MRI from yesterday but on first look he said nothing major wrong. so just a case of strength e exercises which I have been bad at this week.

Wednesday May 2nd
    5 miles
    Haven't done anything since friday between just been really busy and the fact i am not training for anything i felt i didn't have to go out and run in the rain :) so i was glad to see dry conditions today as i really wanted a run. But found this tough going :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

And she's back! I find it can go either way when you've had a few days off. You are either like a caged animal who's just escaped or as flat as a pancake. And it's a 50 50 toss up for those :)

Wednesday May 2nd
    5 miles
    Haven't done anything since friday between just been really busy and the fact i am not training for anything i felt i didn't have to go out and run in the rain :) so i was glad to see dry conditions today as i really wanted a run. But found this tough going :rolleyes:

All that dancing must have taken its toll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Wednesday May 2nd
    5 miles

We all have tough days... you got out though and it looks like you're going good guns, and pain free too? Great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

And she's back! I find it can go either way when you've had a few days off. You are either like a caged animal who's just escaped or as flat as a pancake. And it's a 50 50 toss up for those :)

Is that not everyday? I never know until after the first mile how any run will turn out, maybe I'm just approaching it wrong :o

Emer911 wrote: »
    We all have tough days... you got out though and it looks like you're going good guns, and pain free too? Great stuff!
    Running pain free but a bit of an ache afterwards and in particular when i am sitting for more than 15 mins. driving is hell. Apparently the top of my hamstring where it attaches to the tendon is swollen so that explains my pain in my ass... despite the fact the MRI said it was the other leg... me thinks they got the left and right mixed up... must have been a woman that read it :D
    shazkea wrote: »
    Is that not everyday? I never know until after the first mile how any run will turn out, maybe I'm just approaching it wrong :o

Yep i am with you on that one shaz :rolleyes:

Thursday 3rd May
    3.5 miles
    Decided today i would do a bit of a speed session. Nothing too crazy like. So since i normally like tempo sessions decided to do a short one of these. 30mins ish. 10 mins easy 10 mins slightly faster (Pace was 8:53 :D delighted with myself didnt feel too bad either) and last 10 easy. was good to get the heart pumping and no leg/hip/ass pain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thursday 3rd May
    3.5 miles
    Decided today i would do a bit of a speed session. Nothing too crazy like. So since i normally like tempo sessions decided to do a short one of these. 30mins ish. 10 mins easy 10 mins slightly faster (Pace was 8:53 :D delighted with myself didnt feel too bad either) and last 10 easy. was good to get the heart pumping and no leg/hip/ass pain :)

Brilliant :D

Friday 4th May
    7 miles
    Took advantage of my early finish of a friday and the fact i work so close to the park, so headed into the park to do my LSR :rolleyes: There was no one around where is everyone :). Took in Military road the s bends and the furry glen. I enjoyed the hills but took them handy. Got back to the car before the drizzle started. I have become a wuss about running in the rain :D

Friday 4th May
    7 miles
    Took advantage of my early finish of a friday and the fact i work so close to the park, so headed into the park to do my LSR :rolleyes: There was no one around where is everyone :). Took in Military road the s bends and the furry glen. I enjoyed the hills but took them handy. Got back to the car before the drizzle started. I have become a wuss about running in the rain :D

Fair play your definitely back to the grindstone......
    did you not here everyone is avoiding the park...finding "funny" things in it lately;)

• Advertisement

Younganne wrote: »
    Fair play your definitely back to the grindstone......
    did you not here everyone is avoiding the park...finding "funny" things in it lately;)

:eek: have i missed something. I tell ya i was a bit worried heading into the furry glen today went up that hill pretty fast. Oh ya mean the suspicious device :D ahh god i am slow. :rolleyes:

Advertisement