Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

maria74 wrote: »
    :D[HTML][/HTML]

Love it..brillant!

Seem to doing pretty well for a cold weather runner! Hope you are havin good hol!

Having a great time Maria but tough running in it

Wednesday June 8th
    3m in 28mins. This was tough today legs were very tired. The route we (me and the sis) have been doing is a mile and a half all down hill turn around and back to the villa so a tough run back up. Today we decided to keep running downhill for two miles so we would only have one mile back uphill and we walked the rest as cool down. Rest day tomorrow. :)

Saturday 11th June
    3 miles in 28:22 pace 9:26
    Decided to do run today when i came home to re acquaint myself with the cooler weather :rolleyes: The plan said to do three 3 mile runs this week and a 7 miler. I had already done the 3 runs but just fancied going out this evening. It was tough and i need to drop about a stone after the holidays :o

Monday 13th June
    7m in 69:54 pace 9:58
    This was supposed to be done yesterday but my god i just could not bring myself to go out in that weather so left it to today instead. A very good decision.
    Plan for this week has me doing two 3m and a 4 mile. And then my LSR drops back to 5 miles... i kinda want to keep this up at 7/8 for now, is this wise or do i follow what the Hal man says?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nules10 wrote: »
    Monday 13th June
    7m in 69:54 pace 9:58
    This was supposed to be done yesterday but my god i just could not bring myself to go out in that weather so left it to today instead. A very good decision.
    Plan for this week has me doing two 3m and a 4 mile. And then my LSR drops back to 5 miles... i kinda want to keep this up at 7/8 for now, is this wise or do i follow what the Hal man says?

Knowing you have done a half marathon recently and have a good base I wouldn't be afraid to keep your LSR higher than the plan suggests at the moment. You are not going to get any benefit from a 5 mile LSR in my opinion.

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Knowing you have done a half marathon recently and have a good base I wouldn't be afraid to keep your LSR higher than the plan suggests at the moment. You are not going to get any benefit from a 5 mile LSR in my opinion.

Thanks Pistol seemed a bit too much of a step back really. So i think i will do 8 miles LSR this weekend. your training is coming on brilliant.

Tuesday 14th June
    3m in 29:08 Pace 9:40
    1 hour pilates
    Not sure which was harder. Missed two weeks of Pilates and did lots of upper body work.... my poor arms :o
    Left Calf is tight.... flipping heck haven't even upped the mileage all that much... how the feck am i to run 26.2 miles :eek: Panic stations

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Tuesday 14th June
    3m in 29:08 Pace 9:40
    1 hour pilates
    Not sure which was harder. Missed two weeks of Pilates and did lots of upper body work.... my poor arms :o
    Left Calf is tight.... flipping heck haven't even upped the mileage all that much... how the feck am i to run 26.2 miles :eek: Panic stations

I can empathise with you about the tight calf & you still on the early part of the marathon plan. My legs hurt all over & the longest run I've done in a while was 6 miles ! I'm just hoping its normal for most to have sore legs when marathon training.

Concerned2 wrote: »
    I can empathise with you about the tight calf & you still on the early part of the marathon plan. My legs hurt all over & the longest run I've done in a while was 6 miles ! I'm just hoping its normal for most to have sore legs when marathon training.

is it normal this soon in the training though :D what will we be like at week 18 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

what will we be like at week 18 :eek:

No comment :pac:;)

• Advertisement

Wednesday 15th June
    A very long slow painful 4 miles in 40:11 pace 10:01
    Everything hurts legs, arms, teeth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

is it normal this soon in the training though :D what will we be like at week 18 :eek:

Yes its absolutely normal, week 18 will be ok you will be well tapered, its week 19 you got to worry about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

here Nules, any link between the time of your post "last night" and your tough run today :D:p

Seriously absolutely normal to be at panic stations now....(note to Shaz, stay away from Nules during taper time!!)

It may also be worth getting a sports massage to treat the legs after the hols!

shazkea wrote: »
    here Nules, any link between the time of your post "last night" and your tough run today :D:p

Seriously absolutely normal to be at panic stations now....(note to Shaz, stay away from Nules during taper time!!)

It may also be worth getting a sports massage to treat the legs after the hols!

Jeepers nothing gets past you Shaz :D a little bit of a link alright :D

I will be a total nightmare during taper if i am freaking out now :o
    I am thinking of a sports massage for tomorrow or friday..... and maybe a facial too... do they count as cross training :D

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Yes its absolutely normal, week 18 will be ok you will be well tapered, its week 19 you got to worry about :D

:D:D

No comment :pac:;)

Oh c**p :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Keep it going, you're doing great! Take it one step at a time... literally!
    don't be thinking about week 18 or 19! ;)

I am NOT going out in THAT :mad:
    went to PT to get calf looked at yesterday... feel like i am floating on air today :) if this poxy weather clears up at all i will go do 3 miles later. If not i am having chocolate :cool:

I am NOT going out in THAT :mad:
    went to PT to get calf looked at yesterday... feel like i am floating on air today :) if this poxy weather clears up at all i will go do 3 miles later. If not i am having chocolate :cool:

I like the way you think! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If not i am having chocolate :cool:

I just cut straight to the chase. I have Lindt 70% dark chocolate in front of me now for with my lunchtime coffee :cool:

• Advertisement

I just cut straight to the chase. I have Lindt 70% dark chocolate in front of me now for with my lunchtime coffee :cool:

well if you're having it now so am i. Would be rude not to join you. Mine is lindt dark choc mint yummm ;)

Friday 17th june
    I saw a window of opportunity and i took it
    3m in 28:29 pace 9:28
    Its actually quite warm out. Left calf feels good going to ice it to be sure though oh and stretch too :)

Saturday 18th june
    LSR 8m in 1:21 pace 10:12
    Thank God for LSRs great for clearing the head all shinny and new now :):rolleyes:

Sunday 19th June
    Cross train
    10mins upper body work by moving all the c**p out of the shed to get to the bike buried WAYYYY in the back.
    1hr5mins cycle... i will not be putting up the distance as it is extremely embarrassing. Lets just say there are people out there who run faster than i cycle :o but hey its done.... but i won't be entering any cycle events any time soon :D

Monday 20th June
    Rest day. And "treated" :rolleyes: myself to a session with the PT to loosen the calf out a bit.
    Tuesday 21st June
    3miles in 30:35 pace 10:10
    I was told to take this handy... so i did :) calf was fine no tightness and i did 10 mins of stretching after.
    I am on week 4 of my plan and haven't done any tempos or intervals yet. Maybe i should start but just wanted to get the tightness in my calf sorted first.... next week :)

Wednesday 22nd June :eek: where is the summer going
    4 miles in 39:54 pace 9:57
    No tightness at all.... must go stretch now.
    Right that's that done i am off to enjoy the rest of my day :)

Thursday 23rd June
    Meant to be a 3 mile run. I decided to do a 30min tempo run as i felt i was just going out plodding along at 3 miles and 4 miles and taking it really handy. and since i liked doing tempo runs before the half i decided to do one today as leg felt good.
    30 min tempo run 3:29miles Avg Pace 9:07
    First 10mins avg pace was 9:01, next 10 8:49 and last 10 9:33.
    Happy with that.... and i still love these tempos runs :)

Saturday 25th June
    LSR... last week was a step back week but i didnt do that.... so decided to just do 6 miles today.... just really wasn't in the mood for anything longer. I am beginning to understand the concept of step back weeks.... i will be doing as i am told in future... sorry i ignored you last week Hal ;)
    6 miles in 60:16 pace 10:02
    A nice easy run... but its so humid out.

Sunday 26th June
    Cross train.
    Did the Spink loop with shaz today. Beautiful day out so hot and sunny someone got a bit of a red neck.... and it wasn't me ;) Had a great day. Beats cycling any day. But we did admire a few cyclists en route to Glendalough :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    Sunday 26th June
    Cross train.
    Did the Spink loop with shaz today. Beautiful day out so hot and sunny someone got a bit of a red neck.... and it wasn't me ;) Had a great day. Beats cycling any day. But we did admire a few cyclists en route to Glendalough :D

Yes there was a slight pink glow from some of us also after a run yesterday!

Sunday 26th June
    Cross train.

Sounds nice. I must meet up with you both again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sunday 26th June
    Cross train.

We....eh I was too busy driving! Btw must have missed something...who had the red neck :confused:...as she hides her farmers tan!!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Sounds nice. I must meet up with you both again soon.

Do both of you fancy a run in the park on Sat morn...I fancy a cycle around so could hold the water for you :cool:

shazkea wrote: »

Do both of you fancy a run in the park on Sat morn...I fancy a cycle around so could hold the water for you :cool:

Yup i would be on for that. I have 10miles to do Saturday morning :rolleyes: you going to be in your lycra gear on the bike :D

Tuesday June 28th
    3 miles in 27:33 pace 9:10
    Uneventful run... everything working as it should be :)

Tuesday 29th June
    5 miles in 46:41 pace 9:19. Last mile pace 8:47 started to lash rain and it was all pretty much downhill . Not sure at what pace i am supposed to be running these at. Should they be slower. I just felt good today and went out and did as fast as i could. I am sure that will change :)

• Advertisement

Yup i would be on for that. I have 10miles to do Saturday morning :rolleyes: you going to be in your lycra gear on the bike :D

Doing the Clontarf half on Sunday, so Sat will be a rest day.

Nules, your training is going well I see.

Yup i would be on for that. I have 10miles to do Saturday morning :rolleyes:

Am going to be in the park Saturday morning if you want to meet up? Have created an entry in the group session. Am flexible with start time, pace etc.

If 10am suits you better I can do my other 6 and swing back to car park for 10 to meet up.

Am going to be in the park Saturday morning if you want to meet up? Have created an entry in the group session. Am flexible with start time, pace etc.

If 10am suits you better I can do my other 6 and swing back to car park for 10 to meet up.

That would be great Pistol. Whatever suits you best i will slot in so let me know what time 9am 10 am either suits me. My pace will probably be 10/10.30 pace maybe slower :o

That would be great Pistol. Whatever suits you best i will slot in so let me know what time 9am 10 am either suits me. My pace will probably be 10/10.30 pace maybe slower :o

All going well I would be hoping to hit closer to 9:15-9:30 so maybe it is not the best idea after all. :confused:

Maybe add your name and pace to the thread and we'll see what kind of group is interested?

All going well I would be hoping to hit closer to 9:15-9:30 so maybe it is not the best idea after all. :confused:

Maybe add your name and pace to the thread and we'll see what kind of group is interested?

Had a look at the thread alright and thought that i would be a bit too slow for your pace alright. Ta anyway Pistol. I will see how i get on on saturday. i am still unsure of my pace at the moment

• Advertisement

Thursday 30th june (hmmm think i got my days mixed up
    I definitely did 5m yesterday but logged it as Tuesday anyway....
    Today i decided to make it my "tough" day as i have a rest day tomorrow. So i decided on a hill session :rolleyes: off i went to Ardgillian. Did a warm up of about 10mins and that brought me over to the hill were i did 4 reps of 100m and jogged the recovery. I then Finished the session by running (more of a slog really) up the middle hill from the castle... which i would consider another 4 hill reps :p some may disagree.
    3.5m in 39:39 at a very slow pace of 11.25 (but there are LOTS of hills here):D
    Felt great after this.

Saturday July 2nd
    10mile LSR in 1:39:13 pace 9:55
    Headed into the park and met up wit Menoscemo, Average Runner and pistol for the first 5 miles, back to the car park for drinks and met then with Mr Slow. Running these LSR's are so much nicer with others. Thanks a mil guys for keeping it at a manageable pace for me. It got really tough coming up there at the last two miles. Lovely to meet you all this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Saturday July 2nd
    10mile LSR in 1:39:13 pace 9:55
    Headed into the park and met up wit Menoscemo, Average Runner and pistol for the first 5 miles, back to the car park for drinks and met then with Mr Slow. Running these LSR's are so much nicer with others. Thanks a mil guys for keeping it at a manageable pace for me. It got really tough coming up there at the last two miles. Lovely to meet you all this morning.

Don't you be hanging around with the Saturday splitters now.....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Don't you be hanging around with the Saturday splitters now.....;)

I am sure you are a Saturday splitter too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I am sure you are a Saturday splitter too :D

I am down with the Saturday's...The Sunday's.......The KM's and The Knockmarroons......;)

Monday July 4th
    Start of week 6 of HH. Today is supposed to be a rest day. But i have had to move everything forward a day as a pretty hectic week ahead.
    3 miles in 29:40 pace 9:39
    legs a bit heavy after the weekend so took this nice and easy... although still found it hard :rolleyes: lovely breeze out thank god as it was quite warm.

Monday July 4th
    Start of week 6 of HH. Today is supposed to be a rest day. But i have had to move everything forward a day as a pretty hectic week ahead.
    3 miles in 29:40 pace 9:39
    legs a bit heavy after the weekend so took this nice and easy... although still found it hard :rolleyes: lovely breeze out thank god as it was quite warm.

Thought I saw you out on my way home from work. Are you having any problems with seagulls on any of your runs?

I have had to ammend a couple of my routes to avoid being attacked :mad:

Thought I saw you out on my way home from work. Are you having any problems with seagulls on any of your runs?

I have had to ammend a couple of my routes to avoid being attacked :mad:

:D Can't say i have had any problems.. this year. I did last year. Usually when the baby gulls are knocking around learning to fly and the mammy ends up swooping.... they are bloody huge too. Are you running down by the harbour?? There are loads around the housing estates not helped by stupid people throwing bread out to feed them :mad:

Between O'Dwyer's and Flemington lane I have had them swooping at me alright and getting closer. Have had to cut through an estate now to avoid that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Marathon training going well there missus! What's the LSR plan this weekend?

• Advertisement
Advertisement