Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Sunday May 20th
    11.5 miles :D
    Back into double digits. Lovely run with sunflowerro in the park this morning. Having company makes the miles tick by so much faster. Last mile was a bit of a struggle so sent Ro off to do a speedy last mile as i plodded back. Double digits and a short sleeved top today things are looking up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Really enjoyed that run this morning. It's ages since I've had company on the long run. Makes some difference so it does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I did miss you both, but the sight of that finish line this morning was just so sweet. We'll catch up in a few weeks no doubt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Nules your back. So nice to run with short sleeved top for a change.

Tuesday 22nd May
    5 miles
    Legs tired after sunday but its done. I am not a huge fan of running in the heat but i have to say i enjoyed that today :)

• Advertisement

Wednesday 23th May
    5 miles
    Todays session was meant to be intervals but after a trip to the PT kept it plain and simple.
    Thursday 24th May
    5 miles
    1 mile easy, 4x300m, 4x200* 1 mile easy

- @ 1 mile race pace with double the amount of time taken per rep as recovery and Double that recovery between the 300m s and 200m s

Took my mile time to be 7:29. holy c**p this was tough. Was hot out too and being a red head and freckled does not help matters :eek: There is a whole big rig ma role before i even go out running when its sunny with the special sun cream for the face and then the factor 50 for everywhere else :rolleyes: i was knackered before i started :) anyway the splits ranged from 7:25-7:35. I just had nothing left in me when it came to the 200's. But i have to say i am well impressed with that session :)

Well done Nules not an easy day for Intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Not an easy day to run fast - Kudos on that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Well done Nules, great session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great work nules, especially in the heat!

• Advertisement

Well done, impressive work. If anything that will give the confidence a boost.
    Fair pl........ ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done, impressive work. If anything that will give the confidence a boost.
    Fair pl........ ;)
    :mad::D
    Thanks everyone. Am delighted. Long may it last :)

Saturday 26th may
    11 miles
    Was up early for this one but not jcsmum early that just mad ;) skerries and back. Bit breezy on the way over but kept me nice and cool. Very enjoyable run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Nules10 wrote: »
    Saturday 26th may
    11 miles
    Was up early for this one but not jcsmum early that just mad ;) skerries and back. Bit breezy on the way over but kept me nice and cool. Very enjoyable run.

Good woman, thats great to see you getting the bigger numbers in again....long may it continue!! Fab day for it!:D

Saturday 26th may
    11 miles

You calling me mad? Charming ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    You calling me mad? Charming ;)

Nope just calling your actions mad :D there's a difference ;)

Monday 29th May
    5 miles nice and breezy along the coast
    Tuesday 30th May
    1 mile warm up,
    200m, 400m, 600m, 800m, 600m ,400m, 200m @ 5k pace w/ 75% of rep time recovery,
    1 mile cooldown
    5k Pace of 8:23 ish. Pace 200@8:29, 400@8:19, 600 @ 8:23, 800@ 8:46, 600@8:25, 400 @ 8:22, 200@8:18. Just could not hold pace for the 800.
    Miles covered 5

good going there Nules, you're flying!!:D

Well done. Looking good. so 8.23 pace this wkd??

I thought maybe I could pace you :D 8:23 pace from the finish line to the bar only I would say. And it wouldn't want to be any more than 800m ;)

• Advertisement

Good running Nules

I thought maybe I could pace you :D 8:23 pace from the finish line to the bar only I would say. And it wouldn't want to be any more than 800m ;)

Once we stick the balloons on you it will be down to 7.23 :)

That is great running C, well done.

Once we stick the balloons on you it will be down to 7.23 :)

would want to be a hot air balloon so ;)

Wednesday 30th may
    5 miles. Plod plod plod.

hahaha, I know how you feel need a race to focus on.

I have the clontarf half in my head. Am doing Enniscorthy but its meant to be hilly so will do it as a training run. Am also doing cork half this weekend also as a training run. I just know i have not built up enough speed yet :rolleyes: i am easing myself in gently :D

Good women that's a good few races. What about the 5 mile in the park. May pick a few also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

I have the clontarf half in my head. Am doing Enniscorthy but its meant to be hilly so will do it as a training run. Am also doing cork half this weekend also as a training run. I just know i have not built up enough speed yet :rolleyes: i am easing myself in gently :D

Wow. Good luck with those. Enjoy the weekend in Cork.

• Advertisement

Good luck over the weekend...enjoy it!
    you might surprise yourself!!! By following Ecolis plan you'll have more speed than you realise built up!!!

Advertisement