Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nules10 wrote: »
    Am doing Enniscorthy but its meant to be hilly so will do it as a training run.

Hills - nobody told me there was hills :eek:

Good luck this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Best of luck this weekend Nules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good women that's a good few races. What about the 5 mile in the park. May pick a few also
    Yep think i will do the 5mile if not I will pop in anyway
    Younganne wrote: »
    Good luck over the weekend...enjoy it!
    you might surprise yourself!!! By following Ecolis plan you'll have more speed than you realise built up!!!
    Really don't think so Anne. Definitely don't feel any speed in them. Have only started back the last 2 weeks on ecolis plan. Hopefully by clontarf though ;)
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    Hills - nobody told me there was hills :eek:

Good luck this weekend.
    :D I know Pete I read last yrs thread on it AFTER I decided to do it. This weekend is my first back since that disaster in bohermeen so I am just going to enjoy it
    run44 wrote: »
    Best of luck this weekend Nules
    Thanks run44

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Best of luck at the weekend Nules. Enjoy it

Monday June 5th
    13.2 miles Cork Half Marathon
    Was bullied into this one ;) Decided to do it as a training run as i just don't have it in the legs yet for a race. Loos at the start line were a bit of a joke. But some lady opened her door and allowed lots of females use hers. Was a warm day out i was well sun creamed up and set off nice and handy. I decided to run by feel. Switched garmin to watch. And plodded around. I enjoyed it at parts i hated it at parts. It was flipping well quiet all the way around no one chatted to me :( Have i found my "love" for racing?... have i heck still flipping well hate it :D
    Best part was the road trip with the girlies.... great fun :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done Nulsey. Have you any photos of your race outfit?!?:D:D

Well done Nulsey. Have you any photos of your race outfit?!?:D:D

I am in talks with runners world magazine about a photo shoot of the new running gear. It's gonna take off I tell ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great run there Nules - your virtual runner is chuffed :D

BTW Ro, I have those pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Hey roomie, had a great weekend. At least this running business is good for a laugh. We're so competitive ;)

shazkea wrote: »
    Great run there Nules - your virtual runner is chuffed :D

BTW Ro, I have those pics :D
    :eek::eek:
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Hey roomie, had a great weekend. At least this running business is good for a laugh. We're so competitive ;)
    +1 far too competitive we need to tone it down a bit :D

• Advertisement

I gave the t shirt a test run this evening. Sleeves are a small bit baggy. You know I wish we hadn't been so rash in picking any old size. We should have given it some thoughtful consideration... :):)

Saturday June 9th
    14mile LSr
    Into the park and met up with superwoman aka jcsmum for the first 6. Looped back to the car park to pick up wonder woman aka sunflower ro ( who had just completed a hill session :eek:) went towards farmleigh for a toilet break (that's what I told them I just wanted to sit down for a few seconds ;)) jcsmum left us as she headed up acres road ( great running after doing cork) myself and ro headed on then ro headed off. I continued on at a shuffle for two miles back to the car. I just had it in my head I wanted to do 14 job done. Just woke up from a nap so all refreshed now :)

Good stuff Nules. Jesus 14 miles you are miles ahead of me must get my act together

Ah don't worry about it dave i am stopping at 16 this year ;)

Marathon is not looking good at this moment.;) I just need something to focus on.

Ah you have loads of time till the marathon. And sure if you don't do it there is alwaysNext year. There is nothing in the running rule book that says you have to do one every year ;)

Rumour has it that there is a girl running around BB with a pair of dirty nike runners and who is sporting a nude cashmere pullover?!

Ah you have loads of time till the marathon. And sure if you don't do it there is alwaysNext year. There is nothing in the running rule book that says you have to do one every year ;)

So very true Nules think I am just liking these short runs at the moment. Nice and handy

Rumour has it that there is a girl running around BB with a pair of dirty nike runners and who is sporting a nude cashmere pullover?!

Not to mention with very soft lips :D

Not to mention with very soft lips :D

When you are ironing me top can you do it inside out please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If someone is wearing clothes they can't be nude unless its a fishing net. And why do ye type everything in code by the way??

Also ye should put up yer group runs on the group thread as they would be a good few people who would like the company on a lsr such as people coming back from injury (cough cough). Its marathon training season after all:D

It is cork code, silly stuff we did in cork that is only amusing to us no one else would find it remotely funny :D
    Keep forgetting to put up it up on group runs purely cos I am not doing dcm this year..... Not sure what the others excuses are ;) will pop up next weeks . Where you in d park today ?

When you are ironing me top can you do it inside out please?

:rolleyes:Would Madame like me to hand wash it too

Keep forgetting to put up it up on group runs purely cos I am not doing dcm this year..... Not sure what the others excuses are ;) will pop up next weeks . Where you in d park today ?

Wasn't in Park this morning as sorting out provisions for a party tomorrow. Did Bohermeen 5k tonight but hope to make the Park next week all going well from physio later in the week. Thanks but we'll all convince you to do Dublin in the end:D

chinguetti wrote: »

Wasn't in Park this morning as sorting out provisions for a party tomorrow. Did Bohermeen 5k tonight but hope to make the Park next week all going well from physio later in the week. Thanks but we'll all convince you to do Dublin in the end:D

What time do you want us round for the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I can second that, our code language is utter nonsense and from 'you had to be there' scenarios.

Sorry we didn't mean to be an exclusive running group this morning. In my case I got a last minute invitation to join them. They're very picky :)

Sorry its not my party, its the cat's birthday party and he's in charge of the invites:D

I would love to be doing dcm but alas I can't :( sisters wedding that weekend in west cork. But I will do the lsrs though.... Well up to 16 miles anyway. How did bohermeen go.

Sorry its not my party, its the cat's birthday party and he's in charge of the invites:D

Some people would make up any aul lies so as not to invite us. We all know it was last weekend (well that's what the Facebook bday reminder said anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done on the 5K. Must start doing some of these LSR runs people speak about soon.

I would love to be doing dcm but alas I can't :( sisters wedding that weekend in west cork. But I will do the lsrs though.... Well up to 16 miles anyway. How did bohermeen go.

What's the target for Strawberry Half Nules? And don't say training run.

Advertisement