Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Nules10 wrote: »
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Wasn't in Park this morning as sorting out provisions for a party tomorrow. Did Bohermeen 5k tonight but hope to make the Park next week all going well from physio later in the week. Thanks but we'll all convince you to do Dublin in the end:D

Well done on the 5K. Must start doing some of these LSR runs people speak about soon.

I would love to be doing dcm but alas I can't :( sisters wedding that weekend in west cork. But I will do the lsrs though.... Well up to 16 miles anyway. How did bohermeen go.

What's the target for Strawberry Half Nules? And don't say training run.

She told me sub 1'50 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Some people would make up any aul lies so as not to invite us. We all know it was last weekend (well that's what the Facebook bday reminder said anyway)

Yes his birthday was last week but some people couldn't make it due to the bank holiday so he decided to merge it with the Irish match.

And he asks why haven't you requested to be his friend on Facebook. He's sitting here besides me btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

But but but .... It's a training run. I really don't have enough speed work done. Only got around cork in 2:12 :o and at times felt tough and that was a training run. Oh And it's 3 days after the other sisters wedding :) what's ur plan

How did bohermeen go.

19.45 or so. Lovely medal and great BBQ afterwards in the sunshine. Tough course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Some people would make up any aul lies so as not to invite us. We all know it was last weekend (well that's what the Facebook bday reminder said anyway)

And he asks why haven't you requested to be his friend on Facebook. He's sitting here besides me btw.

Sure didn't I poke him only the other day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

But but but .... It's a training run. I really don't have enough speed work done. Only got around cork in 2:12 :o and at times felt tough and that was a training run. Oh And it's 3 days after the other sisters wedding :) what's ur plan

I hear the 2hr pacers in enniscorthy are great (no I am not one of them).

Sure didn't I poke him only the other day :)

He says he checked his page this morning and he got no pokes from anyone. Did you have the right page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Training run for me ;-)

jcsmum wrote: »
    She told me sub 1'50 this morning.
    :D:D ah k you are funny..... It was actually 1:45 ;)
    19.45 or so. Lovely medal and great BBQ afterwards in the sunshine. Tough course though.

And they say bohermeen is flat. Great time just coming back from ur injury

menoscemo wrote: »
    I hear the 2hr pacers in enniscorthy are great (no I am not one of them).

So I believe. :) but enniscorthy is hilly :eek:

• Advertisement

So I believe. :) but enniscorthy is hilly :eek:

Yeah it is, I raced it a few years ago. Bumpy but fair, every uphill has an immediate dowhill after.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah it is, I raced it a few years ago. Bumpy but fair, every uphill has an immediate dowhill after.

Are the uphill bits steep or long drags.... Hate long drags . I guess I will call it on the day

Are the uphill bits steep or long drags.... Hate long drags . I guess I will call it on the day

They are mostly the short, sharp type. Here is my garmin from a few years ago http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38331930
    Maybe Clontarf is a better option for a PB effort all the same (though give me a few hills over wind any day). Apparently the 2hr pacers are the same as enniscorthy and perhaps have more free entries ;)

Cheers thanks for that meno. Sharp short hills i don't mind as much. So wind or hills?? which one is the lesser of two evils :rolleyes: I will have a chat with the wonderful 2hr pacers at enniscorthy :)

Sunday 10th June
    4.3 miles
    Hadn't planned on running today but it was so nice, as in it was not raining, so would be a shame not to go for a run. Went to yoga first and then headed for my run. Legs were very achy from yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Cheers thanks for that meno. Sharp short hills i don't mind as much. So wind or hills?? which one is the lesser of two evils :rolleyes: I will have a chat with the wonderful 2hr pacers at enniscorthy :)

I've heard there's one wonderful pacer and one pain in the tush pacer… I suspect the latter will annoy the crowd so much that they (and the wonderful pacer) will end up running 1:45 just for some peace ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Great running lately Nules, Sure you might as well give the sub 2 a lash and see how it goes!!

claralara wrote: »
    I've heard there's one wonderful pacer and one pain in the tush pacer… I suspect the latter will annoy the crowd so much that they (and the wonderful pacer) will end up running 1:45 just for some peace ;)
    :D:D I will try hang on to you so CL
    Younganne wrote: »
    Great running lately Nules, Sure you might as well give the sub 2 a lash and see how it goes!!
    Oh i don't know anne. But sure i will try hang onto CL for a bit anyway no pain no gain eh ?:)

Tuesday 12th June
    5.1 miles
    Bit of a pain in my back/ass after a days gardening yesterday so was unsure how this would go. Went grand :)

Tuesday 12th June
    5.1 miles
    Bit of a pain in my back/ass after a days gardening yesterday so was unsure how this would go. Went grand :)

Good on you for doing the garden. I sat in the sun in mine yesterday ignoring the weeds.
    Glad the running is going well too.

• Advertisement

Wednesday June 13th
    1 mile warm up, 3 x 15 min @ 10k pace off 5 min rec 1 mile cooldown
    This was really tough. i mean REALLY TOUGH. Put my 10k pace to be around 8:45 ( taken from my 5 mile time in raheny 43:16) anyway i thought if i can keep the 15min intervals to under 9min/mile i would be doing well. 1st one came in at 8:54 2nd one at 9:00 and last one at 9:13 ( i had nothing left in me legs were like lead) Had to walk some of the recoveries too. But i do feel good now after it :)
    Total miles covered 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good session today Nules, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

That was a good session Nulsey. You are def on for sub 1.30 after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Good on you Nules sounds like a tough session

DigiJem wrote: »
    Good session today Nules, well done
    Thanks j. How is your recovery coming along?
    That was a good session Nulsey. You are def on for sub 1.30 after that.
    Hehe and you said that with a straight face ro. People will
    Think you are serious :D
    Good on you Nules sounds like a tough session
    Was tough Dave but good. Ecoli comes up with some interesting sessions definitely keeps you from getting bored :)

Thursday 14th June
    5miles
    Was up and out before my breakfast :eek: all I could think of for 5 miles was my bowl of rice krispies :) but had to be done as retail therapy and a boozy lunch is the plan for this afternoon. This was more of a shuffle than a run. Legs wrecked.

Thursday 14th June
    5miles
    Was up and out before my breakfast :eek: all I could think of for 5 miles was my bowl of rice krispies :) but had to be done as retail therapy and a boozy lunch is the plan for this afternoon. This was more of a shuffle than a run. Legs wrecked.

Must pick myself up off the floor ;)
    You'll enjoy the lunch all the more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great training Nules, when is the half your targeting? Keep up the great work :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Must pick myself up off the floor ;)
    You'll enjoy the lunch all the more now.
    Hope you didn't hurt yourself as you fell over :D I tell you i won't be making a habit of running before my breakfast. Nearly gave my mother a heart attack when i caught up with her as she was out on her morning walk :D
    RubyK wrote: »
    Great training Nules, when is the half your targeting? Keep up the great work :)
    I really don't know. I think i still have alot of work to do to get to sub2 pace, so i am thinking realistically the race series half. I am doing a few halfs up to it but i really don't think it will happen then. And if not there is always waterford in december ;)

• Advertisement

Sunday 17th June
    15miles
    Over to skerries/loughshinny and back. the triathlon was on there so kept me entertained for a bit on my run. Last mile was a slog.

Advertisement