Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »
    Sunday 17th June
    15miles
    Over to skerries/loughshinny and back. the triathlon was on there so kept me entertained for a bit on my run. Last mile was a slog.

Well done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Sunday 17th June
    15miles
    Over to skerries/loughshinny and back. the triathlon was on there so kept me entertained for a bit on my run. Last mile was a slog.

Nules your clocking up the miles, fair play to you......you're more ready for marathon training than i am...bad few weeks for me, not a whole lot of running!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Anne is right, you are doing more miles than the rest of us put together. I reckon its those magical pair of runners that you robbed off another boards member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Younganne wrote: »
    Nules your clocking up the miles, fair play to you......you're more ready for marathon training than i am...bad few weeks for me, not a whole lot of running!!:eek:
    That may be true anne but i am actually going to stop at 16 miles this year ;)
    Anne is right, you are doing more miles than the rest of us put together. I reckon its those magical pair of runners that you robbed off another boards member.

Ro i have no problem knocking out the miles just don't ask me to run any faster than 10min/mile though ;)

Younganne wrote: »
    That may be true anne but i am actually going to stop at 16 miles this year ;)

Ro i have no problem knocking out the miles just don't ask me to run any faster than 10min/mile though ;)

Please refer back to your speed session mid week. You are well able to knock out the speedy miles when required :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Nules brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great training Nules!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great stuff Nules. Always good to have some eye candy distractions during a long run :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Fantastic LSR Nules - you're in great shape for the hills of Enniscorthy and the strawberries and cream afterwards! :)

Thanks everyone as i say i train better than i race :rolleyes:
    @shaz eye candy :rolleyes: i was looking at their skill and technique :mad:
    @CL not so sure about the hills but i am well ready for the strawberries and cream yum :)
    Monday 18th june
    3miles
    Have to move this weeks sessions as i am busy from Thursday onwards. So all will be done today tomorrow and Wednesday. So todays 3 miles was done nice and handy after yesterdays LSR. Legs feel grand. Went out straight after yoga so they had a good ole stretch

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    Fantastic LSR Nules - you're in great shape for the hills of Enniscorthy and the strawberries and cream afterwards! :)

Dont you mean spuds? :p

Dont you mean spuds? :p
    :eek: I am no going so
    Tuesday 19th june
    1 mile warm up, 1 mile @ HMP pace, 3 min recovery, 2x400m @ 10k pace with equal recovery, 4x200m @ 5k pace equal recovery 1 mile cooldown

All over the place with this. For some reason i didn't see the 1 mile warm up and started with 1 mile at HMP pace 9min/mile( now i know why i found it tough :rolleyes:) 2x400 should have been 8:45 pace but were 8:27 and 8:43. 4x200 should be 8:27 but were 8:04, 7:55, 8:09 and 8:23. Finished with a 1.8mile cool down as i wanted to round up to 5 miles. I am pretty c@@p at pacing :)
    Total miles 5

@shaz eye candy :rolleyes: i was looking at their skill and technique :mad:

Course you were...just a pure coincidence you were only checking out the fit blokes skill and technique :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

1 mile warm up, 1 mile @ HMP pace, 3 min recovery, 2x400m @ 10k pace with equal recovery, 4x200m @ 5k pace equal recovery 1 mile cooldown

All over the place with this. For some reason i didn't see the 1 mile warm up and started with 1 mile at HMP pace 9min/mile( now i know why i found it tough :rolleyes:) 2x400 should have been 8:45 pace but were 8:27 and 8:43. 4x200 should be 8:27 but were 8:04, 7:55, 8:09 and 8:23. Finished with a 1.8mile cool down as i wanted to round up to 5 miles. I am pretty c@@p at pacing :)
    Total miles 5

I'm doing this one tomorrow so it's nice to know you've done it and are still kicking! Dreading it, I am :o

Emer911 wrote: »
    I'm doing this one tomorrow so it's nice to know you've done it and are still kicking! Dreading it, I am :o

Wasn't kicking so much on todays run though :o Hope it went well for ya

Wednesday june 20th
    3 miles
    Was a nice day for a run. My dad passed me on this run big beep and wave from him. Dropped into the parents on the way home from this run. My mothers says " oh you are sweating alot you must have been running really fast" i siad no not really... in pipes the father to say " ah jaysus no she wasn't running fast at all actually she was really struggling when i saw her, that running is not going to well for you is it?" I say " i was going up hill when you saw me" and the final insult... " you have put on a bit of weight haven't you?" :mad: " no i have not this running gear just makes me look bigger than i am" :o That sums up that run :D Men/Dads!!!!!!

I'd say most of that generation would be of the opinion 'why run in the first place'. They just don't get it.

Hopefully it didn't get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Wednesday june 20th
    3 miles
    Was a nice day for a run. My dad passed me on this run big beep and wave from him. Dropped into the parents on the way home from this run. My mothers says " oh you are sweating alot you must have been running really fast" i siad no not really... in pipes the father to say " ah jaysus no she wasn't running fast at all actually she was really struggling when i saw her, that running is not going to well for you is it?" I say " i was going up hill when you saw me" and the final insult... " you have put on a bit of weight haven't you?" :mad: " no i have not this running gear just makes me look bigger than i am" :o That sums up that run :D Men/Dads!!!!!!

Yeah - men - and parents! I remember when I started running my parents looking at me aghast and asking if I was alright (meaning - alright in the head)
    Then I was home a couple of weeks ago for the weekend. Went out for an 8 miler, but due to poor route choice ended up back at the house at mi7, so ducked in to use the loo and get a swig of water before finishing off the last mile. Big red face, all sweaty (it was a rare hot day!) and my mum says to me that I was going to kill myself, because "at your age things start to go south you know!" :eek: I'm not exactly over the hill just yet! Sheesh!

You'd need to have a thick skin doing this running lark!:rolleyes: :D

jcsmum wrote: »
    I'd say most of that generation would be of the opinion 'why run in the first place'. They just don't get it.

Hopefully it didn't get to you.
    Didn't bother me at all.... he's old.... and clearly blind :D
    Yeah - men - and parents! I remember when I started running my parents looking at me aghast and asking if I was alright (meaning - alright in the head)
    Then I was home a couple of weeks ago for the weekend. Went out for an 8 miler, but due to poor route choice ended up back at the house at mi7, so ducked in to use the loo and get a swig of water before finishing off the last mile. Big red face, all sweaty (it was a rare hot day!) and my mum says to me that I was going to kill myself, because "at your age things start to go south you know!" :eek: I'm not exactly over the hill just yet! Sheesh!

:D:D ahh so its not just mine then. My mother thinks the running lark is great and thinks me running 3 miles is fantastic but dads just say it as it is really :D

Dads think it's a compliment to tell you you've put on weight. Which you most certainly haven't..you're getting smaller on us all the time. Have a fab day tmrw and have a glass of bubbly for me :)

• Advertisement

Nules, enjoy the big day tomorrow, plenty of Pics on FB please:D

Sunday June 24th
    The (non) strawberry Half Marathon
    13.1 miles
    This was always going to be a training run. My legs certainly didn't have anything else in them today. Alarm went off at 7 and i wanted to cry. Up i got met Pistol who was kind enough to drive down. Met some of the boards crowd when we collected our numbers. Off to the start line in the lovely sunshine. I had kinda thought in my head to keep the pace at around 10min/mile for this. I forgot to set my watch back to auto lap so i ran by feel and didn't look at watch too much. Lovely running around the country roads nice shade from the trees. Nice hills too. I actually like the course it was challenging enough. hated the road back in to Enniscorthy it was soo long. Felt grand all the way around. Never felt like i wanted to stop. for the last 3 miles ran just behind an older man who was going at my pace he pulled off i kept with him nearly got past him at one stage and he wasn't letting that happen :) and he took off again. He came in just ahead of me and thanked him at the end as keeping up with him kept me distracted for that long road back in. Never saw one strawberry at all :mad: And according to marthastew and her OH they were lovely. I have to say i am wall fallen now and that is even after an hours nap. Need to set myself a serious target race maybe something shorter. Overall a well organised race and pace was 10:01... i am getting better at this pacing ;)

Good on ya for doing it, I know you've had a busy few days. Nicer still that you enjoyed it.
    Pity about the strawberries, I think they should be at all race finishing lines.

Well done Nulsey. Great run on a tough course. Cant believe no strawberries. Any Wexford spuds?:D

Nules, fair play to you for going to this, probably a few strawberries would have been nice to add to the Champagne you put in the system during the week;);) Well done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Well done Nules, it's not the easiest half course, and that last stretch on the N11 is tough going! Keep up the great work :)

The root cause of your missing strawberries is simple...

Problem:
    Never saw one strawberry at all :mad:

Cause:
    And according to marthastew and her OH they were lovely.
    I'm sure Digs, CL and Meno helped out too...

Well done on the half. They are so much nicer when you are not racing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Had to laugh when I saw this ! My Dad is the same - seems he knows of 4 people who died running - one apparently from an 'exploding heart' :rolleyes: Needless to say I don't talk to him about it. Wasn't even going to tell him I was doing DCM last year only had to do a 20 mile run when down in Cork for the weekend - the kids spilled the beans then. Thankfully he had enough wit not to start on his stories with them around. Think they all mean well but best not to listen :)
    Great running Nules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Well done on the Wexford run Nules, shame about the missing strawberries

• Advertisement

Thanks everyonre. I sorted out the strawberry situation.... i went and bought some ;)
    Wednesday 27th June
    6miles
    Didn't get a chance to run until today. And boy were the legs heavy. 6 miles that felt like 16.

Advertisement