Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Thursday June 28th
    4 miles covered
    session: diagonals involve a football pitch where you stride from corner to corner of the pitch and your recovery between these is jogging lightly the width of the pitch. This should be all continuous running so take this in mind when you are doing the strides when you are determining effort. These should be comfortably fast, not hard or all out :rolleyes: well i didn't like these one bit.

Saturday june 3oth Race series 5 miler
    5miles 46:52 pace 9:12
    My PB from Raheny is 43:16 and i knew i was not going to get anywhere near this today. Can't blame anything here really and i am not going to. My first mile was my fastest at 8:37 den 8:43 9:11 9:36 (ohhh it gets worse trust me :D) 9:56. Ah i am not bothered one way or the other really. Its the fastest pace i have run in a long time and am actually happy with that. I am still loving running and still hating racing :) On a positive note i am making progress in something i do, Yoga. I did a head stand all on my own last night and i was beaming coming home, think i mite go do one now... they are great for achy legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

GLad you did the race today despite your concerns. Who likes racing?!? :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    GLad you did the race today despite your concerns. Who likes racing?!? :)
    YOU :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

well done Nules, i didn't manage to see you today at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Whatever about the racing - the first solo headstand is a massive PB! Congrats!:D

• Advertisement

Hey Nules, are you still buried in your paper mountain, can you see any end to it???:D

Younganne wrote: »
    Hey Nules, are you still buried in your paper mountain, can you see any end to it???:D

She must be....there goes another tumbleweed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

She must be....there goes another tumbleweed ;)

No she's currently attending the "Racing is great fun" bootcamp and any day now she'll join us for a short race :p

hellooo all. i am indeed still alive albeit a bit snowed under at the mo. Still getting runs in when i can. And as for the racing bootcamp pft :rolleyes:
    Apparently i am doing an LSR in the park on sunday so i will see some of you fine folk there (incl you shaz :D)

Monday 9th July 6.5m
    Tuesday 10th Rest
    Wednesday 11th 5miles supposed to be 6 didn't have time
    Thursday 12th 4miles covered Hills 10x30sec @5k pace
    Friday 13th 15min recovery jog, didn't like this
    saturday 14th Progression run. was dreading this. turned out to be quite enjoyable :rolleyes: 1 mile w/up 10:48, 3miles steady 9:58, 2miles MP 9:34 (really wasn't sure of this pace but it felt ok ) 1mile HMP 8:51, 1 mile cool down 10:38. Wasn't too sure of paces but ecoli said not to get too bogged down on them... so i didn't. 8miles

• Advertisement

Nules10 wrote: »
    Monday 9th July 6.5m
    Tuesday 10th Rest
    Wednesday 11th 5miles supposed to be 6 didn't have time
    Thursday 12th 4miles covered Hills 10x30sec @5k pace
    Friday 13th 15min recovery jog, didn't like this
    saturday 14th Progression run. was dreading this. turned out to be quite enjoyable :rolleyes: 1 mile w/up 10:48, 3miles steady 9:58, 2miles MP 9:34 (really wasn't sure of this pace but it felt ok ) 1mile HMP 8:51, 1 mile cool down 10:38. Wasn't too sure of paces but ecoli said not to get too bogged down on them... so i didn't. 8miles

Ok, so you haven't been slacking off, good to hear ;)
    I laughed when you said you didn't like your 15 min recovery jog.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done Nulsey. Thats session today sounded v. tough!

Good woman, delighted to see that you are getting the runs in... See you soon:D

Sunday 15th July
    9.5 miles
    Tough run after yesterdays session. thank god for the group runs. Would have gone home after 5 otherwise :)

Peer Pressure group support :D
    poor Ro, how many miles extra did she end up doing & the Kyber too:eek:

'tis good for her anne. She will thank us in the end when she gets that sub 3.30 marathon ;)

Sounds like you all had good fun today. I was all on my own for mind.....sob :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Now if we were real running friends we'd come all the way down to Killarney to meet you for an LSR. Now that would be an awesome boards friend who'd do that ;)

Now if we were real running friends we'd come all the way down to Killarney to meet you for an LSR. Now that would be an awesome boards friend who'd do that ;)

Self praise is no praise.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

That's love that is! :)

• Advertisement

Mr Slow wrote: »

That's love that is! :)
    Ahh K we missed you yesterday. Wasn't the same without you

Advertisement