Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Wednesday May 18th
    3m in 28:45 Pace 9:31. Legs are beginning to return to normal now.

Finally back out... between a bit of a head cold, the wind( no excuse i know) and generally just being lazy(The main reason:)) last week, i didn't do too much.

Tuesday May 24th
    3m in 27.28 Pace 9.07
    1 hour pilates afterwards

Wednesday 25th May
    4.5m in 42.25 pace 9.24
    This was tough. But at least i got out as i had myself convinced that i shouldn't go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »
    Wednesday 25th May
    4.5m in 42.25 pace 9.24
    This was tough. But at least i got out as i had myself convinced that i shouldn't go :)

You aint the only one! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Finally back out... between a bit of a head cold, the wind( no excuse i know) and generally just being lazy(The main reason:)) last week, i didn't do too much.

Tuesday May 24th
    3m in 27.28 Pace 9.07
    1 hour pilates afterwards

I noticed that about you in the Park....;):D

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I noticed that about you in the Park....;):D

:D Good job i am not sensitive ;)

Friday
    3miles in 26:55 Pace 8.56
    A pretty uneventful run :) but the chips for dinner were pretty darn good... main reason i went for a run to justify the chips.
    I really need to start thinking of a marathon plan for DCM and get started on it :rolleyes:

Saturday May 28th
    5.5m in 53:32 pace 9.40

This was tough. When is the wind just going to bugger off. I even got a cheer from some woman think she thought i was one of the tri athletes in the competition... god i must have looked rough :D i did cheer some of the athletes on as they came to the top of the hill at EEC hardware. looked tough. And at the start of my run i got to see them all come out of the sea after their swim. fair play to anyone who does triathlons. not my cup of tea :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Saturday May 28th
    5.5m in 53:32 pace 9.40

This was tough. When is the wind just going to bugger off. I even got a cheer from some woman think she thought i was one of the tri athletes in the competition... god i must have looked rough :D i did cheer some of the athletes on as they came to the top of the hill at EEC hardware. looked tough. And at the start of my run i got to see them all come out of the sea after their swim. fair play to anyone who does triathlons. not my cup of tea :eek:

Fairplay to them I bet it was so cold in the sea!!

Well done you too

Marathon Training Starts....:eek:
    Tuesday May 31st

I decided to start my marathon training this week despite the fact i will be off on hols on saturday for a week, i thought it might encourage me to do some running on holidays. If i don't i will just start the plan proper when i get back. Anyway...
    3 miles in 27:55 pace 9:16. i am not kidding this was torture... TORTURE. legs heavy breathing wicked.... not a great start to Marathon training is it???
    Decided to do Hal Hidgon novice 1. But not so sure i like doing tempos and intervals and none in that. Maybe i should just introduce some, when do i do that?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Snap. Started mine this evening as well and didn't go according to plan either. Don't worry there will be lots of runs that feel like sh1t in the build up to the marathon :rolleyes:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Snap. Started mine this evening as well and didn't go according to plan either. Don't worry there will be lots of runs that feel like sh1t in the build up to the marathon :rolleyes:

I am hoping bad start, good finish ;)

I am hoping bad start, good finish ;)

Good for you. As P says, lots of mixed runs between now and DCM. All part of the 'fun'. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

'Fun' doesn't need quotation marks, it actually *is* fun training for your first marathon. :D

or maybe I'm just a bit messed up in the head...

'Fun' doesn't need quotation marks, it actually *is* fun training for your first marathon. :D

or maybe I'm just a bit messed up in the head...

The fun is 50/50. I'm thinking of the early mornings, the blisters, cramps, my unsightly toes, yucky gels, chaffing (& having to shower afterwards), leg pain, knee pain, exhaustion, knocknamaroon hill, the kyber......
    actually make that 30/70
    It's not fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jcsmum wrote: »
    knocknamaroon hill
    Thankfully nobody made me go anywhere near that until I was training for my third marathon! :cool:

The fun is 50/50. I'm thinking of the early mornings, the blisters, cramps, my unsightly toes, yucky gels, chaffing (& having to shower afterwards), leg pain, knee pain, exhaustion, knocknamaroon hill, the kyber......
    actually make that 30/70
    It's not fun!
    :eek::eek::eek: oh dear god what am i letting myself in for :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

actually make that 30/70
    It's not fun!

This from the woman planning her 3rd marathon :rolleyes:

Wednesday 1st June
    Another shocking run :rolleyes:
    3m in 28:30 pace 9:27
    I am getting slower. Again i found this really tough. what's wrong with me :o
    And it was hot out... i am not so sure about this running in spain next week, i can barely manage it in 15 degree heat here :D

Wednesday 1st June
    Another shocking run :rolleyes:
    3m in 28:30 pace 9:27
    I am getting slower. Again i found this really tough. what's wrong with me :o
    And it was hot out... i am not so sure about this running in spain next week, i can barely manage it in 15 degree heat here :D

some runs are good, some not... It will come right for you. There's nothing wrong with your pace though.
    you are not getting slower

• Advertisement

Thursday june 2nd
    3m in 27:25 pace 9:05 :)
    Ahhh that felt really good. Was a really enjoyable run. But sure was hot out

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Concerned2

Thursday june 2nd

See its there in black & white, you've used "enjoyable" & "hot out" in the same post , isn't that much nicer to train in than the cold weather last month :D

Thursday june 2nd

You see I told you. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thursday june 2nd

Excellent, great to see you back in form

Concerned2 wrote: »
    See its there in black & white, you've used "enjoyable" & "hot out" in the same post , isn't that much nicer to train in than the cold weather last month :D
    hmmm!!!! nope you can't convert me :D heat nearly killed me today. Good luck to me trying to run in Spain next week eh??

Friday 3rd June
    6m in 60:47 pace 10:07...
    Took this handy although to hear me and see the sweat pouring off me you would probably think otherwise. So i kinda think if i could do 6m in that heat today i should be able for the three 3 miles i have to do next week in Spain and will do the 7 miles next sunday when i get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

No bother to you next week. Just take it handy and concentrate on your breathing.

Hoping to get up early myself to get the run out of the way before its too warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hope your having a great holiday!

Monday 6th June in Nerja :D
    3miles in 30mins pace!!! Who cares I ran in the heat

Tuesday 7th June
    3miles in 28 mins I am getting faster in the heat purely cos it was getting oh so hot and I was a bit haphazard with the sun cream and had to leg it back :D

Hoping to do another 3 in the morning but its hard setting the clock for 8.30 on hols but I do enjoy getting back into bed after my run. I am so not a sun runner :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

:D
    3miles in 28 mins I am getting faster in the heat purely cos it was getting oh so hot and I was a bit haphazard with the sun cream and had to leg it back :D[HTML][/HTML]

Hoping to do another 3 in the morning but its hard setting the clock for 8.30 on hols but I do enjoy getting back into bed after my run. I am so not a sun runner :)
    [HTML][/HTML]

Love it..brillant!

Seem to doing pretty well for a cold weather runner! Hope you are havin good hol!

Advertisement