Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start Logging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »
    Sunday 26th June
    Cross train.
    Did the Spink loop with shaz today. Beautiful day out so hot and sunny someone got a bit of a red neck.... and it wasn't me ;) Had a great day. Beats cycling any day. But we did admire a few cyclists en route to Glendalough :D

Sounds nice. I must meet up with you both again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sunday 26th June
    Cross train.
    Did the Spink loop with shaz today. Beautiful day out so hot and sunny someone got a bit of a red neck.... and it wasn't me ;) Had a great day. Beats cycling any day. But we did admire a few cyclists en route to Glendalough :D

We....eh I was too busy driving! Btw must have missed something...who had the red neck :confused:...as she hides her farmers tan!!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Sounds nice. I must meet up with you both again soon.

Do both of you fancy a run in the park on Sat morn...I fancy a cycle around so could hold the water for you :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »

Do both of you fancy a run in the park on Sat morn...I fancy a cycle around so could hold the water for you :cool:

Yup i would be on for that. I have 10miles to do Saturday morning :rolleyes: you going to be in your lycra gear on the bike :D

Tuesday June 28th
    3 miles in 27:33 pace 9:10
    Uneventful run... everything working as it should be :)

Tuesday 29th June
    5 miles in 46:41 pace 9:19. Last mile pace 8:47 started to lash rain and it was all pretty much downhill . Not sure at what pace i am supposed to be running these at. Should they be slower. I just felt good today and went out and did as fast as i could. I am sure that will change :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yup i would be on for that. I have 10miles to do Saturday morning :rolleyes: you going to be in your lycra gear on the bike :D

Doing the Clontarf half on Sunday, so Sat will be a rest day.

Nules, your training is going well I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Yup i would be on for that. I have 10miles to do Saturday morning :rolleyes:

Am going to be in the park Saturday morning if you want to meet up? Have created an entry in the group session. Am flexible with start time, pace etc.

If 10am suits you better I can do my other 6 and swing back to car park for 10 to meet up.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Am going to be in the park Saturday morning if you want to meet up? Have created an entry in the group session. Am flexible with start time, pace etc.

If 10am suits you better I can do my other 6 and swing back to car park for 10 to meet up.

That would be great Pistol. Whatever suits you best i will slot in so let me know what time 9am 10 am either suits me. My pace will probably be 10/10.30 pace maybe slower :o

That would be great Pistol. Whatever suits you best i will slot in so let me know what time 9am 10 am either suits me. My pace will probably be 10/10.30 pace maybe slower :o

All going well I would be hoping to hit closer to 9:15-9:30 so maybe it is not the best idea after all. :confused:

Maybe add your name and pace to the thread and we'll see what kind of group is interested?

All going well I would be hoping to hit closer to 9:15-9:30 so maybe it is not the best idea after all. :confused:

Maybe add your name and pace to the thread and we'll see what kind of group is interested?

Had a look at the thread alright and thought that i would be a bit too slow for your pace alright. Ta anyway Pistol. I will see how i get on on saturday. i am still unsure of my pace at the moment

• Advertisement

Thursday 30th june (hmmm think i got my days mixed up
    I definitely did 5m yesterday but logged it as Tuesday anyway....
    Today i decided to make it my "tough" day as i have a rest day tomorrow. So i decided on a hill session :rolleyes: off i went to Ardgillian. Did a warm up of about 10mins and that brought me over to the hill were i did 4 reps of 100m and jogged the recovery. I then Finished the session by running (more of a slog really) up the middle hill from the castle... which i would consider another 4 hill reps :p some may disagree.
    3.5m in 39:39 at a very slow pace of 11.25 (but there are LOTS of hills here):D
    Felt great after this.

Saturday July 2nd
    10mile LSR in 1:39:13 pace 9:55
    Headed into the park and met up wit Menoscemo, Average Runner and pistol for the first 5 miles, back to the car park for drinks and met then with Mr Slow. Running these LSR's are so much nicer with others. Thanks a mil guys for keeping it at a manageable pace for me. It got really tough coming up there at the last two miles. Lovely to meet you all this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Saturday July 2nd
    10mile LSR in 1:39:13 pace 9:55
    Headed into the park and met up wit Menoscemo, Average Runner and pistol for the first 5 miles, back to the car park for drinks and met then with Mr Slow. Running these LSR's are so much nicer with others. Thanks a mil guys for keeping it at a manageable pace for me. It got really tough coming up there at the last two miles. Lovely to meet you all this morning.

Don't you be hanging around with the Saturday splitters now.....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Don't you be hanging around with the Saturday splitters now.....;)

I am sure you are a Saturday splitter too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I am sure you are a Saturday splitter too :D

I am down with the Saturday's...The Sunday's.......The KM's and The Knockmarroons......;)

Monday July 4th
    Start of week 6 of HH. Today is supposed to be a rest day. But i have had to move everything forward a day as a pretty hectic week ahead.
    3 miles in 29:40 pace 9:39
    legs a bit heavy after the weekend so took this nice and easy... although still found it hard :rolleyes: lovely breeze out thank god as it was quite warm.

Monday July 4th
    Start of week 6 of HH. Today is supposed to be a rest day. But i have had to move everything forward a day as a pretty hectic week ahead.
    3 miles in 29:40 pace 9:39
    legs a bit heavy after the weekend so took this nice and easy... although still found it hard :rolleyes: lovely breeze out thank god as it was quite warm.

Thought I saw you out on my way home from work. Are you having any problems with seagulls on any of your runs?

I have had to ammend a couple of my routes to avoid being attacked :mad:

Thought I saw you out on my way home from work. Are you having any problems with seagulls on any of your runs?

I have had to ammend a couple of my routes to avoid being attacked :mad:

:D Can't say i have had any problems.. this year. I did last year. Usually when the baby gulls are knocking around learning to fly and the mammy ends up swooping.... they are bloody huge too. Are you running down by the harbour?? There are loads around the housing estates not helped by stupid people throwing bread out to feed them :mad:

Between O'Dwyer's and Flemington lane I have had them swooping at me alright and getting closer. Have had to cut through an estate now to avoid that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Marathon training going well there missus! What's the LSR plan this weekend?

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    Marathon training going well there missus! What's the LSR plan this weekend?
    So far so good CL hopefully will continue that way. Only 7 miles LSR this weekend and have to get that done on friday.

Tuesday July 5th
    Decided to do a 5 mile pace run today. So when i put in my half marathon time into mc millian my predicted marathon time was 4:19:24 :rolleyes: i am no so sure about this. Anyway i decided to run my pace run at 9:55 for the above time just to see really. My legs were heavy starting out and took ages to loosen. It was hot out too and i found this really hard, particularly trying to keep each mile at around 9:55.
    Anyway... 5 miles in 49:18 pace 9:50
    mile 1 9:52
    Mile 2 9:54
    Mile 3 9:58
    Mile 4 9:54
    mile 5 9:33 (was anxious to get home :))
    I think i did ok with the above splits. But it was hard going

Thursday July 7th
    3 miles 30:23 pace 10:06
    was meant to do this yesterday but by the time i got home it was lashing rain and i just wasn't in the mood. Legs are tired and a bit heavy so did this slower again. Have to do my LSR of 7 miles tomorrow as away for the weekend.

Friday July 8th
    LSR today 7miles in 1:10:11 pace 10:01
    I think i am doing these wayyyy to fast. Its hard to slow it down. And today i had to hurry this one up as had to get home. Anyway no running for me next two days :)

Monday July 11th
    Start of week 7 of marathon training. have had to re-jig things this week, to allow for 5 mile race on saturday.
    3 miles 29:52 pace 9:55
    Have to do a long lonely 12 mile LSR tomorrow on my own :(

Tuesday 12th July
    LSR today instead of Saturday
    12 (long lonely miles) in 2:03:32 pace 10:17
    This was enjoyable perfect weather this morning for running, nice bit of cloud cover, right amount of sea breeze and not too hot.

Well done you.

Wednesday 13th July
    Recovery run
    3 miles in 29:18 pace 9.44
    I know i am running these runs too fast but i felt good today. Legs a bit tired from yesterday but that was all. Mc Millian says i should run recovery at 11.25-11.55 pace oops :rolleyes:
    Can't go fast when i need to and can't slow down when i should be :o there is something wrong with me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Wednesday 13th July
    Recovery run
    3 miles in 29:18 pace 9.44
    I know i am running these runs too fast but i felt good today. Legs a bit tired from yesterday but that was all. Mc Millian says i should run recovery at 11.25-11.55 pace oops :rolleyes:
    Can't go fast when i need to and can't slow down when i should be :othere is something wrong with me :rolleyes:

Do you really want me to comment on that :D....

Some good running there missus even if a tad bit fast at times!! Keep up the good work

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Do you really want me to comment on that :D....

Oi :D

Advertisement