Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Summer 2011 Outlook (June, July, August)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely, another washout summer so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Might be time to stock up on suntan lotion, patio chairs and gas for the barbeque!

too early for burgers, buns and steaks, but the weather is nearly there and it is only March :eek:

Still, would like to plan a few days off. if the sun, moon and stars give an accurate guide then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Fiskar wrote: »
    Saw this on the Telegraph,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/8409452/Britain-set-for-brolly-and-sunblock-summer.html

Anyone care to offer the Irish long range prediction (Forecast!) for each month?

Seeing as some of your are rather good at the winter stuff I saw this and thought of you !

I love their comment that "The north and west, will see rain and the south and east will be sunnier with a bit of cloud" :D
    In the same vein I predict sun in the Sahara and rain in the Amazon. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Ignore anything from "Positive" Weather Solutions, they said Feb would be "bitterly cold" - it was 2c above average.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There are so many shysters out there, no one knows. I'll guess it will be mediocre. 9 times out of 10 that'll be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Well if theres any coralation wit the El Nina of any sort... the last time Ireland got a real good summer was 2006.. that was when the el Nina transitioned to neutral stage, and its currently forecast to do just that again by next month....

But other than that, i just hav a good feeling about this summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

One day closer to next winter since this thread was created.

But seriously, i hope this Summer results in a lot of spanish plume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

I reckon that this year will see a better Summer than recent years with a lot of warm weather.

Think there will be showers at times but more of a warm thundery variety than cool maritime.

Monthwise I have a feeling that July could be really hot June could be pleasant too but August will probably be the worst month.

Very hard to pinpoint and I have written a guide for the year here only as a guide and I just post what really happened after.

Predicting weather ahead of more than 2 weeks is quite an inexact science and based on many variables such as average pressure, tidal behaviour, mobility of ocean currents, position of the jet stream, temperature of the sea both around Ireland and globally and percentage of the Arctic that is covered by sea ice. There are many more means that need to be studied to arrive at some sort of prediciton but these are just some of the ones that I use. Ive actually thought of a few more as I type but my fingers are sore from typing all this !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just mentioning summer in connection with June, July and August is in itself rather optimistic. I will dream up an outlook in April perhaps, for now would say near average only extremely so. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I hope it's a good summer but I'm looking forward to the winter already which I hope will be a whiteout.

Advertisement