Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any such thing as reasonably price campsites

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

sorry Betsy Og for being a bit flippant, but just to add we have stayed in the north many times and never had any problems

and to bring the thread back on subject has any one managed to haggle the price of a site down ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

has any one managed to haggle the price of a site down ?

Nope......but I do remember pulling into a site in Donegal late one night (about 8:30pm ish) 2 years ago and the guy was looking for crazy money (cant remember how much exactly) and he refused to budge on his price

He insisted on everybody getting off the van so he could show us the toilet block and outline the rules of using the toilet/shower block.......given that we had 3 kids (oldest would have been about 5) and all were asleep we were not impressed.

He would only take cash and in the "heel of the hunt" having made him what I believed was a reasonable offer told him that we would not stay on his site and we drove off (he was stunned)......ended up driving about 30 mins to another site that was super (must dig out both site names)

So I guess the answer is that I never managed to haggle the price down but I have definately "voted with my feet"

(PS Glad I got that off my chest....rant over)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

so , with the a lot of other service providers ,in that i mean hotels, restaurants,fastfood takeaways,plummers,carpenters,builders,painter,retailers,
    i dont have to go on with a list
    i would love to hear of camp sites that reduced their price or
    even offered better deals like every 4th weekend free or something
    similar instead of "stay 7 seven nites pay for 6"
    i dont think many people stay for 7 nites in a row..

Advertisement