Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Beer Garden in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The Brian Buru in Phibsborough is lovely, gets the sun al day.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

The little roof terrace in Russells in Ranelagh is a nice sunspot and good for a bit of people watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Russells in Ranelagh has a nice beer garden balcony upstairs overlooking the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

The beergarden out back of The Living Room is great. IT is also the back of Fibbers too, used to be carpark - maybe it still is sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Seosaimh77 wrote: »
    There was a cool looking place along the train tracks near castleknock station. Looked decent but couldn't stop off to try it out. Anyone know the name of it?

Sounds like The Twelfth Lock. I've never actually been because it's a bit too far out of my way but I've heard it's very nice.
    Also - The Barge on a sunny day is good too. Not sure if they still allow you to drink along the canal across from the pub though.

Was there a couple of Sundays ago and there were loads of people sitting out drinking by the canal. It mightn't suit some people though if there's no space on the wall to sit and they're left either standing or sitting on the ground. Can't beat sitting out by the canal in the sun drinking ice cold beer though!

• Advertisement

An Citeog wrote: »
    Sounds like The Twelfth Lock. I've never actually been because it's a bit too far out of my way but I've heard it's very nice

It is, i've been a few times as i work close by. Plenty of room and lovely location on a sunny day, and less hassle with creeping shade than city beer gardens, but not exactly a central location.

As for city centre gardens, best ones i know are D2 and Dicey Reilly's both on harcourt street, great for a day off as you can snag the good seats early before the after-work crowd gets in. The terrace of the church in mary street is nice too (pity its up its own arse!). The pav in trinity has great views over the pitches, but last time i was there the selection of beer on draught was poor and i ended up paying pub prices to drink cans of larger with students, so not ideal.

Also, O'Dwyers of mount street (used to be howl at the moon), beside merrion square has a nice sunny outside area with leafy trees and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

we were thinking about of doing a "12 Pubs of Summer" akin to the 12 pubs of Christmas.

Anybody suggest a route with good beer gardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Russells in Ranelagh has a nice beer garden balcony upstairs overlooking the village.

Great spot & it gets the sun in the evenings - its a total suntrap, if you're lucky enough to get a table outside, you'll be sat there for the night. One of my favourite spots for a drink actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

gar120 wrote: »
    we were thinking about of doing a "12 Pubs of Summer" akin to the 12 pubs of Christmas.

Anybody suggest a route with good beer gardens?

oddly enough myself a few colleagues were looking at a 12 beers gardens of summer things a few months back. IL try and dig out the list for you. I think we managed about 15 in total.

frAg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The new one at L. Mulligan. Grocer is lovely. I quite like the one behind Sean MacD's in Harold's Cross as well, if it's not too crowded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

The Long Stone has a nice one.

Advertisement