Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Geography report

• 27-03-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can someone please help me with the Leaving Cert Geography report. Our teacher is useless and just gave us out the booklets and told us that we sould do the "The changing economic landscape in a rural or urban setting" report.

Does anyone know what we should actually be doing for this or for one of the other projects

1. Geomorphic processes of transportation and/or deposition in a
    fluvial or coastal environment.
    2. Human interaction with the geomorphic processes in a glacial or
    coastal or fluvial or karst environment.
    3. A study of how land-use affects traffic flow patterns in a local
    area.
    4. Analysis of a waste management strategy in a local area.
    5. Fifty years of population – a local demographic study

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

Didn't you go on a field study?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

No, our teacher is useless. The other Geography class went on a field study for 3 nights last week.

We were just told to fill out our booklet. He does nothing and now we are screwed for our leaving cert.

I'd say you should go to the principal..that's not on.

I'd say you should go to the principal..that's not on.

Well he is saying that letting us go out to look around the local area was good enough, he gave us a map or two of the area too but didn't tell us what we should be actually doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Any way you could ask some of the people in the other geography class what they're doing? You can't simply 'just do' the project in the book because you have to have the proper layout with relevant graph/illustrations and everything and that all goes towards the marks for the report and I'm guessing your teacher has given you the layout. Just don't write it directly in the book before you are certain that what you're doing is ok. Do a few drafts first. That's really terrible though.

• Advertisement

Victoria. wrote: »
    Any way you could ask some of the people in the other geography class what they're doing? You can't simply 'just do' the project in the book because you have to have the proper layout with relevant graph/illustrations and everything and that all goes towards the marks for the report and I'm guessing your teacher has given you the layout. Just don't write it directly in the book before you are certain that what you're doing is ok. Do a few drafts first. That's really terrible though.

He has given us nothing except for two maps of the area, one from last year and one from 1940

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Well he is saying that letting us go out to look around the local area was good enough, he gave us a map or two of the area too but didn't tell us what we should be actually doing.

Well I'm doing the project you're doing and we went to a field centre to do it. It was on a mountain, we had to a number of tests ( such as vegetation, slope, wind speed and direction, temperature & light intensity, sole permeability and profile) at five sampling sites..I don't know how you'd do it without some guidance from a teacher, did he give you any instruments to use when you were out in the area? There could be different ways of doing the project in question.

Advertisement