Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ground loop isolators

• 27-03-2011 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations on these?

I notice when I have my laptop set up and charger plugged in it makes a buzzing sound out through my pa system.

Ive heard of a specific charger you can buy to solve the problem.

I dont want to spend too much on a charger for this laptop as im upgrading to a VAIO soon. So anyone know of any temporary fixes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I bought a Carpower ground loop isolator in Sounds Around on Capel st Dublin a few months back for around €18 and it works a treat.

F064370A.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

old gregg wrote: »
    I bought a Carpower ground loop isolator in Sounds Around on Capel st Dublin a few months back for around €18 and it works a treat.

F064370A.jpg

One for each channel I presume??

nope, if I understand you correctly here the one unit does everything. It goes between my audio interface and the mixing desk/pa - left/right - red/black in and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Im using A DJM 600 , Maya 44 USB soundcard.
    And running the mixer to my active top's via XLR cables.

Would it help if i put one of these from each channel output of my soundcard going into the channel input on the mixer??

I'm not familiar with those products so can't visualise how you'd hang it all together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Anyone have any recommendations on these?

I notice when I have my laptop set up and charger plugged in it makes a buzzing sound out through my pa system.

Ive heard of a specific charger you can buy to solve the problem.

I dont want to spend too much on a charger for this laptop as im upgrading to a VAIO soon. So anyone know of any temporary fixes?

have you tried plugging your laptop in to a two pin plug ;)

pad180 wrote: »
    have you tried plugging your laptop in to a two pin plug ;)

just in case .... I've done this in an emergency at festivals but there is the chance you could be electrocuted doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

old gregg wrote: »
    just in case .... I've done this in an emergency at festivals but there is the chance you could be electrocuted doing this

i plug it into a extention lead first then plug the extention lead into the mains the worst than can happen is the extention lead fuse goes . i know its not the right way but it does for a quick fix

Advertisement