Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den

• 27-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Well done to Sarah Jane Hanton on her investment tonight on the show.

And so glad the obnoxious Bobby Kerr didn't invest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What was her business idear?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Fair play to ya-all the best on your new business-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

longshanks wrote: »
    What was her business idear?

www.beautyteam.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Didn't see the programme but a quick bit of Googling seems to suggest it's this:

http://www.beautyteam.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Your man Bobby was a bit of a nob to her. She had a little stumble probably just the nerves but fair play to her she held it together and done well. Fairly cute to :o

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Your man Bobby was a bit of a nob to her. She had a little stumble probably just the nerves but fair play to her she held it together and done well. Fairly cute to :o

HAHA, she's on my facebook Sean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Would I be right in saying that's 4/4 for people "from" Waterford on Dragons Den?

Sarah-Louise from Buttons Jewlery, a girl had a website for Hen parties, the washing line guy and now this girl? That's a good showing for the area.

I don't watch the show as the Dragons are cringey and tools compared to the English version and I wouldn't be a fan at all of Sarah Numan(Spelling?) on it.

Well done to her anyway, it must take some stones to get up there and do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭runsalot

seanybiker wrote: »

Hey boy, wha ar ya sayin bout me sister, boy :-)

She had to stand for an hour in total getting grilled by the judges. Fair play to her, she is never that nervous. I was a proud brother last night, it took guts to do the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

i know Sarah-Jane well, and best of luck to her!

good idea too and she works hard for it!!

Good to see a local good luck story for once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I thought the hotel idea was excellent and wish her the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

well done to Darren Rudden too (from last week: Clever Closeline), he has lived in Waterford for a good few years.

runsalot wrote: »
    Hey boy, wha ar ya sayin bout me sister, boy :-)

She had to stand for an hour in total getting grilled by the judges. Fair play to her, she is never that nervous. I was a proud brother last night, it took guts to do the show.
    Haha well this is awkward lol.

An hour, fook that. I'd go even more mental than I am now. Must of had some session when you found out she got the offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭runsalot

The Toddle bar had the back room set up to for the family and her friends to watch it, good craic alright.

I'd rather face a firing squad than face that scrutiny.
    Anyone who know's our father, Johnny Cleary (retired gardai) will know where she got "the neck" from :-)

I knows your rather alright. Used to work with my father. Mother is after watching it a few times now to show me sister,father etc. I could probably quote it word for word now.
    I forgot the toddle had a back bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

ziedth wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that's 4/4 for people "from" Waterford on Dragons Den?

Sarah-Louise from Buttons Jewlery, a girl had a website for Hen parties, the washing line guy and now this girl? That's a good showing for the area.
    There was another person from Waterford on the show last night who didn't succeed. Well I'm not sure if he is actually from Waterford himself but his business is based in Waterford - Bundlebee.ie.

Ah I see, still though it's nice to see so many doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »

I don't watch the show as the Dragons are cringey and tools compared to the English version and I wouldn't be a fan at all of Sarah Numan(Spelling?) on it.

Well done to her anyway, it must take some stones to get up there and do it.

She not on it anymore,its spelt Newman, probably had to leave if her and DJ Carey are in financial trouble. Norah Casey is there now, she better than the other one, has made a few investments so far.

He probably caught you speeding a few times Sean!!

wellboy76 wrote: »
    He probably caught you speeding a few times Sean!!

Never got caught off that. I mean I never broke the speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

There was another person from Waterford on the show last night who didn't succeed. Well I'm not sure if he is actually from Waterford himself but his business is based in Waterford - Bundlebee.ie.

No the other fella from Waterford was Jiffytip - Dermot Heffernan i think his name is. The wheelie bin idea.

• Advertisement

Well that's 2 people from Waterford who haven't got the money so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Its a good show but these guys are paupers compared to england... the richest dragon on the show was Sarah Newman (who left - thank god!) and the others don't even get on the top 300 richlist.

Bobby Kerr invests around twice a series and is wasting a seat there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

how come it isn't on RTE Player?

Dan133269 wrote: »
    how come it isn't on RTE Player?

Is it on TV3?

Advertisement