Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer holiday in New York!!!!

Options
  • 28-03-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

planning the aul summer holiday and reckon new york is the place of choice! any thoughts on wat its like? heading round late july early aug for 10days.. 3 lads in mid 20's heading! the body cant take crete/ibiza/gran canaria no more so this is the option tho booze is the main priority!!!!:D

anyways if anyone has thoughts please pass them on.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its bloody well hot, i mean crazy hot july and august.

Not much in the form of water for swimming in manhatten, So make sure you have air conditioning.

On a personal opinion - new york for 10 days for summer holidays is a ridiculous idea. Id go for maybe 3 or 4 and hit up chicago for the remainder. at least there is a lake and beaches there to sun yourself and the city has a great vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I got bored after a few days in New York. I'd reccomend spending a few days in NY and thenusing the Chinatown bus service. Boston, Baltimore, Washington DC and Philadelphia are all only a few hours away by bus.

Definetly reccomend Boston, Cape Cod is beautiful in the summer. DC is an amazing place if you're interested in history/current affairs but it's a furnace in the summer.

Advertisement