Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TM, M14

• 28-03-2011 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey I'm buying a TM M14 in 2-3 weeks but I'm not very familiar with the technical side of airsoft rifles.
    So I was wondering if I could get some advice on handy upgrades (and best places to buy them) and any tips that might be helpfull?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Honestly, out-of-the-box, the TM M14 is hard to beat as it is. If you were really pushing for something to upgrade, I'd suggest a tightbore barrel, spring and maybe a high-speed motor coupled with a 9.6V battery for better trigger response, but beyond that there isn't really anything you need to do. The TM M14 is one of the best stock performers around.
    From stock, it does about 270-280fps, but I've seen it hold down entire groups of "uber leet rifle" users due to it's remarkable range and accuracy. Bump the trigger response with the better motor (TM EG1000 or G&P M130 for example) and maybe swap the spring for an M95 and barrel for a Prometheus tightbore for decreased time-to-target and further increased accuracy and you've got yourself a virtually perfect marksman's rifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

What sort of money is the m14, in the market for a good out of The box partner

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭RummyMc

Well from AirsoftEire.com it's 499.99 for the OD version but I think the price has gone up recently due to the disasters in Japan but thats just my guess.

I'm sure you can get it for far cheaper abroad!

Cheaper is a relative term. Add shipping, taxes, customs, currency exchange and service fees and you'll find it's about the same. Most people here buy from Ireland to avoid that hassle, and also have a recourse for when/if something goes wrong.

Ya that was my reason, I'm just not bothered with all the hassle!

Cheers for the tips NakedDax, I more than likely will get a new motor and barrel as soon as I have the money :D. I won't be happy until I can get the best out of it!

• Advertisement

If you're doing the motor, you might as well do the spring while you're there. The hop rubber is fine, but if you want to try an alternative which might give a smidge extra performance, the Guarder Silicon Clear rubber is your best bet.

Honestly though, I'd take that M14 out of the box and use it as is for a while before doing a thing to it. You might find you don't have to do anything.

Another question, is it possible to attach a Magpul Angled foregrip onto the TM M14?

Cheers

You've never held an M14, have you?

It's technically possible to fit one, but would require some heavy modification to fit a rail to the bottom of the rifle in a suitable position to accept it. Trust me though, you don't need it. If anything, a foregrip, especially that one, will be nothing but a hindrance. When you hold it, you'll realise why.

No I haven't ever held one, cheers for that, I guess I'll leave it so!

Thanks again!

Advertisement