Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 prepay data bundle option - 700meg for 9.99eur

Options
  • 28-03-2011 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

source: http://www.o2online.ie/o2/uploads/pdfs/terms/promos/Prepay-Data-Add-on-terms.pdf

info
    O2 Prepay Data Add on
    Add on Rules
    These Rules are in addition to the General Terms for O2 Services and any other terms provided to you as part of the authorisation process completed by you to approve registration and provision of O2 Services. Your agreement may be provided in writing or recorded during a telephone or online sales process.
    Your O2 Prepay Data Add on offers 30 days or 700MB of data usage (whichever is sooner). The Add on costs €9.99 per 30 day period and this is a recurring monthly charge. The O2 Prepay Data Add on is available to any O2 Prepay customer who texts ‘NET’ to 50231. To activate your O2 Prepay Data Add on your O2 Prepay service you need to switch your phone off and back on.
    The 700MB data allowance is for use in the Republic of Ireland only and charges will apply when roaming. There is no carryover of any unused data allowance from one 30 day period to the next. To check your remaining allowance at any time you can text USAGE to 50231.
    We will notify you when the 30 day period is due to expire and advise when the next €9.99 charge will be deducted.
    If you use 700MB of data within the 30 day period then we will text you before you reach the 700MB data limit and again when you reach 100%. You will need to text NET to 50231 to reactivate the Add on and a new 30 day period will commence. Alternatively you can text ‘CANCEL’ to 50231 and switch your phone off and back on to default to standard O2 Pricing.
    If you have insufficient credit when the O2 Prepay Data Add on is due for renewal you will be advised by text. Once you have topped up with the sufficient amount you will be required to text NET to 50231 to reactivate the Add on.
    You can request the removal of the O2 Prepay Data Add on at any stage by texting ‘CANCEL’ to 50231. The cancellation request will take effect when your current 30 day period expires or when you have used your 700MB allowance (whichever is sooner). Standard O2 pricing will then apply.
    The Rules for the O2 Prepay Data Add on may be varied or amended by O2 for any reasonable commercial technical or operational reason.
    Effective Date: 25th March 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Things must be getting REALLY bad at O2 if they have finally decided to offer this. It is a good enough offer in terms of the prepay market but 18 months of myself and countless many more people being ignored and strung along by O2 on their forums, combined with their offering of an application which gives free access to 3 social network sites after leading everyone to believe that a data add on was being announced; I left them last summer with a rather sour taste in my mouth it must be said.

So well done O2, about time, sorry that you had to be dragged kicking and screaming into offering a competetive prepay data rate, but you sure did put up one hell of a fight. I wonder how many customers were lost before you gave in? Because the reason you have introduced this is certainly NOT, due to customer demand/wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Not a bad deal. Would be even better at €5 for 350MB! Most non-techy smartphone users wouldn't go anywhere near 700MB in a month unless they're watching loads of videos on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

O2 had to do something on data, as they were the only network without a data plan for prepay customers and the fact that they lost 20,700 in the last 3 months of last year.

However if I was a customer with O2 I would still leave and move to another network due to the utter contempt that they have treated their prepay customers with over the last 2-3 years regarding data. I left a year ago over the same issue after asking for data for about 2 years.

They have even lost some of their best forum users such as cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

do you really get that add on with vodafone prepay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It's not an add-on as such, but yeah you do get that rate- 39c a day for 100MB a day.

sorry this is what i was on about.. 3gb for 12.09 with vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

31 days * .39cent per day = 12.09
    31 days * 100mbs per day = ~3GBs

awwhhh!!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I originally left O2 because of the ridiculous data charges. I can't say I'll be switching back anytime soon with this offering.

Must try harder O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What is the deal here..?
    I now top up €20 a month which made my call credit grow to rather bizarre levels.
    If they just take out €9.99 from my call credit i might want to go for this, getting my call credit down a bit. If at the other hand it is only going to work if i top up a totall of 29.99 a month it will not make sense for me.

Tried to find info on this but will have to look harder tonight at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

It's 9.99 which is taken from ur credit. You don't need to top up by 29.99.

Yes its about time o2 gave prepay a data plan.

Just a thought: O2 mobile "broadband" prepay customers should be able to use this €9.99 data addon too?

It's usually €20 for 5GB of data, and thats fine, but there are some months that I know well in advance that I will only need light mobile broadband access 2 or 3 days a week (I have DSL at home and use the mobile broadband out on the road as and when I need it). Halving the charge, with a lower download limit, would be pretty handy. Otherwise with the prepay broadband you're talking €3 for 24 hours worth of access which is crazy.

My current broadband pass expires in 5 days, might try the prepay data addon then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

This is really ****. I mean, their mobile internet gives you 15 gigs for about 20 quid a month. Why is it different for actual phones? Isn't it the same technology?

My Dad gets free calls to my number, or else I'd switch to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Tesco Mobile, who use the O2 network, charge €6.99 for a 30-day 1GB data bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MirLou

Didn't realise that Tesco had an offer like that also. I thing o2 is good, but problem is that it won't connect half time,soI am disappointed in that way, as always had it when paying 99c a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

MirLou wrote: »
    Didn't realise that Tesco had an offer like that also. I thing o2 is good, but problem is that it won't connect half time,soI am disappointed in that way, as always had it when paying 99c a day.

I've had no problems connecting with Tesco. However, it's a data service and not mobile internet so you get 3G speed and not HSPA though 1Mb/s is more than adequate for my uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

I'm using it. Find it very good in both value and speed. Recommended if it suits your data usage. Unlike any of the alternatives, its not an add-on. You can buy it on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

Gyalist wrote: »
    I've had no problems connecting with Tesco. However, it's a data service and not mobile internet so you get 3G speed and not HSPA though 1Mb/s is more than adequate for my uses.

Can you apply the data bundle via the Tesco website or does it need to be by sending a text code?

I'm using a laptop with a built in sim card slot and ideally I'd like to get a Tesco sim and use it in that, but unfortunately I can't read or send texts via the laptop and I don't want to have to swap out the sim card into a phone every time I want to apply a weekly or monthly bundle. €7 for a month is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Can you apply the data bundle via the Tesco website or does it need to be by sending a text code?

I'm using a laptop with a built in sim card slot and ideally I'd like to get a Tesco sim and use it in that, but unfortunately I can't read or send texts via the laptop and I don't want to have to swap out the sim card into a phone every time I want to apply a weekly or monthly bundle. €7 for a month is pretty good.

Hi Beaver, at the moment it's by text only regards Paul

Hi Beaver, at the moment it's by text only regards Paul

Thanks Paul. And its MyBeaver actually, like McGuyver. But you can call me Wheres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Lol

Advertisement