Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols prep

Options
2»

Comments

The thing is, as long as studying for schols isn't getting in the way of your JF work, it's worth doing it. It doesn't cost anything except time, and how much time it takes can be determined by you at your own leisure. You've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain. If you get schols, you'll have money, accommodation, food, and you wont need to try for it in SF. Even if you sit them and don't get them, you'll have lots of work done, probably be near top of your class, be stress-free for a long time, and also be as prepared as anyone can be for sitting them the next year. It's a win-win situation once you don't go too mad on studying. Starting now is actually a good idea.

I think it's just that very often there's posts on education forums from people totally over-excited about their first year. Stuff like when they have to choose modules and they ask "is it possible to take all of them??", not realising that the enthusiasm doesn't last as long as the module will. You've made it clear this isn't you. You've thought about this and you want to get a head start. But you can't blame people for seeing it as a bit weird really.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Being a bit weird and being deemed a weirdo are really two separate issues. Sure its a bit weird to be overly enthusiastic about a difficult exam and wanting to study for it, but to be called a weirdo i kinda take as a personal attack from someone who only knows that i wish to take schols and knows nothing else about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Snow joke wrote: »
    but to be called a weirdo i kinda take as a personal attack from someone who only knows that i wish to take schols and knows nothing else about me.
    There's really no point in taking that kind of criticism personally. You have to remember you are on the internet; where everyone tends to act like a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

I dont let it bother me, i was just defining it as a personal attack thats all.

If I started caring what everyone on the interwebs thought you may fit me for a straight jacket :P

Advertisement