Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 2x

Options
  • 28-03-2011 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Will the LG Optimus 2x come to Meteor? Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

If it does it'll probably be months from now knowing their release schedule. I'm hoping they release either the Samsung Galaxy S II or the HTC EVO 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dont expect Evo to come here. As i think it will be a Sprint exclusive for a while.

If things repeat they will keep Evo line up for us and we will probably get an updated Desire 3D somewhere down the line

I saw that it's coming out on Sprint but I'm hoping, probably against hope, that it gets released over here. I don't want a Desire-like version as it's never going to come that close to the specs of the EVO 3D. I wish Samsung surprise us all and release an amalgamation of the EVO 3D and the Galaxy S II; wouldn't that be an awesome handset!? :D

Anyway, I read the review of the LG Optimus 2X on GSMArena and I wasn't very impressed with one of its key features; namely the 1080p video recording. I understand that manufacturers use a handset's specs to advertise the crap out of them, but what's the point in saying the handset supports 1080p recording when it ends up with a choppy framerate and a low bitrate? I guess you could say that most people buying the handset wouldn't notice it that much, if at all, but then you have to remember the type of customer who would buy a handset such as this and then realise that of course they would.

Samsung said that their not releasing 3D phones this year (if i remember right) because they think its too early.

I also share this vision. Considering that no one is really interested in 3D TV's at this stage they wont be able to share this experience on a big TV.

Also the user experience on the Evo 3D isnt 3D everywhere. Only certain bits of the phone support 3D content thats provided by the phone manufacturers.

LG Optimus 2x is quite impressive. But i wouldnt be jumping straight into to it. This is a first super phone from LG, so expect bugs and crap on the start when its mainstreamed. Personally i would wait a month to see how LG irons out the bugs when it hits the market. How they manage updates and most importantly how is the developers support for it.

HTC has always managed to get updates out for their phones fastest and always has the highest dev community support.

The HTC EVO 3D looks like it will, in fact, be launched in Europe, according to Engadget. Looks like I'll be getting my handset after all! ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah read that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

LG Optimus 2x is quite impressive. But i wouldnt be jumping straight into to it. This is a first super phone from LG, so expect bugs and crap on the start when its mainstreamed. Personally i would wait a month to see how LG irons out the bugs when it hits the market. How they manage updates and most importantly how is the developers support for it.

In the stuff magazine, they gave the LG 2x a high rating so hard to know what to do. I would love to stay on prepaid meteor but if i dont a phone like this would cost a fair bit of cash. What would be the best thing to do? I agree that I should give it a few months to see how the ratings of this phone go.

I think all dual core phones will range around 700 quid +

Advertisement