Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident in castlebar?

Options
  • 28-03-2011 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I was stuck in traffic coming onto caseys roundabout yesterday and met an ambulance being accompanied by a garda bike, two patrol cars and an unmarked car as well as a garda directing traffic. Does anyone know if there was a crash or what happened? Thoughts are with the person/people hurt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

There was an accident on Lacken strand yesterday with a beach buggy and a young girl from Ballina died and her friend was injured. I imagine that was what you saw as they were brought to Castlebar. Another tragedy for a family in Ballina this week. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My thoughts are with the family and friends of Edel Doyle, may she RIP.

I have lovely memories of playing on Lacken Strand as a child, and I even learned to drive on it. It is the most beautiful place on Earth, so sad she met her end there :(

The only consolation from the OP is it looks like she got to hospital without delay and that everything possible was done for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Yes it was the fact that the ambulance was so heavily accompanied by gardai that made me stop and pay more attention to it i guess. So so sad, lacken is a beautiful spot and to think a day's fun in the sun ended in such tragedy is horrific. Rip x

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Going to be a very sad night in Ballina tomorrow with two funerals of two young people. May they rest in peace. My thoughts go out to their families and friends.

Advertisement