Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B - Darryl House - Wexford Town

Options
  • 28-03-2011 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for some help please. I stayed at this B&B several times a few years ago and was looking to return but I cannot find it listed in the phone book or the B&B guide. I'm just wondering if it has changed its name or maybe it is no longer operating as a B&B. It was beside a park about 150 meters or so from what I think was the county council offices. Can't remember the address but it was fairly quiet street. It was run by a couple and I'm fairly sure he was a Chef.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks.

B&W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Hi B&W,

I think the B&B you are on about is on Spawell Road in Wex Town. Think it was called Daral B&B. The people that owned it when you were there have left it now. I think its still a b&b so will find out the new name of it, i know the owners and he was a chef. Will find out more for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 horseygirl

Hi B&W,

That was actually my parents B&B!! Sean & Kathleen Nolan and yes you're right, Dad was a chef!! They sold up and retired about 5 years ago. The house is still a B&B and goes by the name of Rosemount House. Don't think it's as good now though, not that I'm biased or anything!!! Send me a pm with your name and I'll tell Mam & Dad you were looking for them, I'm sure they'll remember you if you stayed a few times. Dad probably chatted the ears off you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

ha ha funny story......when i first started going out with my girlfriend i still lived at home, so one day i booked this B&B for a night with herself, for the view over the park obviously, only to realise, to my horror, when checking in that i knew Kathleen from the theatre royal and light opera and whats worse she is a good friend of my mother, used to work in Woolworth's together. ****. nothing was ever said, but ya know how women talk. :D beautiful stay though we were made feel so welcome, breakfast was savage too. shame Kathleen and Sean got out of the business, have heard it not the same since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

PM sent Horseygirl, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement