Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 customers a day switching networks

Options
  • 28-03-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

An article in todays Indo says that more than 1000 mobile customers a day are switching to different providers to get a better deal. As someone who recently switched after 14 years with one network I'm not surprised. Unfortunately they dont give a break down as to who moving where and from whom. An interesting stat from the article was that some 64.4% of Irish customers use prepay and this is broken down as follows by network: 100% Tesco Mobile, 83% Meteor, 66% Vodafone, 57% O2 and 29% Three. I'm surprised Three is so low.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/mobile-users-switch-on-to-savings-as-1000-a-day-change-providers-2597009.html

Networks who are loosing customers need to ask themselves why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Being low is a good thing, which would you rather, have 10 people who will pay you €20pm on contract rather than 10 who might top up by €20 and also spend the €20?

If you have €20 in your pre pay account, it's still your €20 until it's spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No I agree. Bill pay customers are valuable with their commitment. I'm just surprised Three hasn't more than some of the other networks. 71% of three customers are bill pay as opposed to the nearest rival O2 at 43%. That's a massive gap and must only be increasing with the all you can eat offer from three.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

cookie1977 wrote: »
    That's a massive gap and must only be increasing with the all you can eat offer from three.

Walked into a vodafone store yesterday with the other half. She's looking to buy a new phone and wants to get a smartphone with a web browser, push email etc. We look at the tariffs and I'm amazed to see that vodafone offer 500mb per month in store with Perfect 150, 1gb per month with Perfect 150 when buying online and then there's me who has been on the 150 package since last february and get 2Gb?

It really is no wonder why so many people are jumping to 3 when the competition are running in the wrong direction. It smacks of late 90's Eircom and there opinion that 'Sure nobody uses the internet anyway, a 1 gig cap is more then generous'

My contract doesn't have long to go and you can be sure I'll be looking around when it does.

Advertisement