Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern 'Body Wave' - is it possible?

• 28-03-2011 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey all, I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on getting a perm or body wave? Is it really dodgy (in terms of turning out a disaster) and who would you go to for something like that...I'm toying with maybe going to a really old style hairdresser who perms granny hair all the time (cos they'd know how to use the stuff?) as opposed to my normal stylist who is fairly young and works in a 'trendy' hair salon where it's more cut and colour.

I've fallen in love with my hair when it has a curl. But I'm paying a fortune on curly blowdries and have my sister's head wrecked asking her to 'curl the back' with curling tongs. I don't have the time to do my hair nicely during the week but would love a curly style that was just wash and go. Using various tongs/wands/etc isn't an option.

I have mid length fairly thick hair. I know that it probably wrecks your hair with chemicals, etc, but surely things have improved technology wise?

Any advice welcome. Has anyone tried it lately...did it work out ok or were you sorry afterwards? I don't want tight curls, so is there any way to ensure that...and how long before an event (family wedding in 6 weeks) would you do it...to allow for 'settling down'? I'm not a bridesmaid or anything, but there will be photos!

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 catbro3

Hi,
    im in the same position as you, i have wavy hair but as it gets longer the curls fall out. Did you get it done and who did it for you?

Advertisement