Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me how to

Options
  • 28-03-2011 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

get from the bus station to Ballybrit business park?

I'd look it up on a map but considering I've never been in Galway at all, I'd just confuse myself :confused: Even knowing how far a distance it is would really help. Have an interview and no knowledge of how to get there!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

No. 9 bus? It's the first stop on the right-hand side of Eyre Square as you leave the bus station..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nr9 goes to Parkmore.
    Nr3 will take you close but then you have to walk the last bit. I'm fairly sure it leave from the top of Eyre Square.
    http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html

http://www.galwaytransport.info/2010/01/ballybrit-area-includes-ballybane.html
    You get off at Eircom building (nr7) and walk across the roundabout heading for nr1 or 2.

If you're not sure then get a taxi. Takes about 10 mins from the square and will cost just over a tenner.

What business are you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

the number 9 stops at Ballybrit business park. the stop for it is just across from Fibber Magees on Eyre Square. It'll be the stop with the biggest queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ourtrail wrote: »
    the number 9 stops at Ballybrit business park.
    Sound, I didn't know that.
    Whereabouts is the stop at Ballybrit? Map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

What business are you going to?

Supermac's Head Office :P Manager interview :)

Thanks a million guys, you've really helped :) Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

the number 9 stops at Ballybrit business park. the stop for it is just across from Fibber Magees on Eyre Square. It'll be the stop with the biggest queue!

Doesnt the no. 9 go out the dublin road past merlin park and into doughiska and to the BRIARHILL business park.

Ballybrit business park is beside the ballybane roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'm not sure where it is, but these maps of the #9 and #3 might be useful for finding the nearest stop: http://www.busbuddy.mobi/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

the number 9 stops at Ballybrit business park.

Ahh, no it doesn't. You're probably thinking of the Briarhill Business Park.

OP: you want the number 3 bus.

The Ballybrit neighbourhood map shows you the position of the route and bus-stops near the parks.

The (very newly released) Ballybrit Business Park layout map shows you the exact position of Supermacs within the park - currently it's number 15 on the map. Their building seems to be designed for people who travel by car: the office bit is at the front, and so you have to walk across the dockway and down a drive to get to it. And of course there's no "Welcome to Supermacs" sign at the front either. But you'll get the idea from the map.

Good luck with your interview. Like someone else, I'd advise a taxi to get out there - nothing worse than arriving flustered or late.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

It's the Number 3 which goes across from O'Connells on Eyre Square. If you need to be there for 9am, take the 8:30 but if it's an interview i'd leave earlier just in case. You'll be waiting for a while at the workplace but it's better to be safe than sorry. The last stop before the business park is just after the Eircom building in Mervue.

Advertisement