Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rogerio Ceni - The 100 goals Goalkeeper

• 28-03-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Fair play to the man!

100 goals is some feat for your average outfield player, but a keeper, it is truly astonishing.

Not sure how many goals Jose Chilavert scored in his time, but 100 is amazing.

Here is the footage of his 100th goal - A free kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjvQWRAOkc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Who goes in goal while he's taking the free kick, I feel for every one he scores they should be conceding about 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Who goes in goal while he's taking the free kick, I feel for every one he scores they should be conceding about 3...

Who was the goalkeeper that scored a peno, began celebrating and conceeded while he was celebrating on his way back to the goal? Im sure it was in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Who was the goalkeeper that scored a peno, began celebrating and conceeded while he was celebrating on his way back to the goal? Im sure it was in Europe.

Was in the Bundesliga iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

master-t wrote: »
    Fair play to the man!

100 goals is some feat for your average outfield player, but a keeper, it is truly astonishing.

Not sure how many goals Jose Chilavert scored in his time, but 100 is amazing.

Here is the footage of his 100th goal - A free kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjvQWRAOkc

I hope he got booked for the Celebration

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Just saw Ceni's wiki, he's made 940 appearances for Sao Paulo, makes it slightly more understandable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fantasy Football manager's dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wasnt he in the Brazil squad for 2002 WC and he played one of the group games just so he could take the free kicks and try and become the 1st goalkeeper to score in the WC?

Think it was him anyway, cant rememeber the opposition though.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Just saw Ceni's wiki, he's made 940 appearances for Sao Paulo, makes it slightly more understandable!

Well that's still a strike rate better than 1 in 10 (if he has only played for Sao Paulo).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

emc2 wrote: »
    I hope he got booked for the Celebration

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Why?

Because removing your shirt is the worst crime of all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

fullstop wrote: »
    Well that's still a strike rate better than 1 in 10 (if he has only played for Sao Paulo).

Hes a 1 man club man alright, according to the Guardian its a better strike rate than Heskeys for England :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Does he crawl back to goal..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Footage of all 100 goals. As has been said, his strike rate is very very respectable (1 in 9ish), especially given they're not all pennos.

Oh and for whoever was asking, Guardian had Chilavert on 67 in their article. Was only a squad member in the WC but has won 2 Copa Libertadores, 3 Brazilian Leagues and a World Club Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is he actually any good in goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is he actually any good in goal?

He's one of the most reliable in not just Brazil, but South America imo. Sao Paulo seem to agree having kept him around for over 20 years.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    He's one of the most reliable in not just Brazil, but South America imo. Sao Paulo seem to agree having kept him around for over 20 years.

That's up there with 'most stable currency in Sub-Saharan Africa' as far as weak accolades go :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

On a side note. I notice in the original clip that the ref uses some sort of temporary spray to identify where the free kick should be taken from - this is a great idea. i'm sure it helps with ensurignthe wall is back 10yds and the kicker doesn't advance too far. We should get this adopted in Europe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The Guardian article says that FIFA has only given him credit for 98 goals. He counts 2 in unofficial matches.

Advertisement