Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone miss the roundabout on lock quay?

• 28-03-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed that traffic is a lot slower crossing the city from the ennis road to UL? Theres traffic lights replacing the roundabout on lock quay, the extra ste at the junction on Clare St. and another set in thomond gate. I reckon its taking an extra 10 min to get across the city off-peak and at least double that in rush-hour! Seems like these changes have created more problems that they solved especially taking away the roundabout which worked quite well IMO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the idea behind this is to encourage traffic to use the tunnel if you are coming from the north side of the city over to the south side.

Alternatively it might a bit quicker to go via Condel Rd, Dock Rd, M7 and get off at Finegan's roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's now quicker to drive right up through town.

The ennis road and bridge are seriously quiet since the tunnel opened. I used to hate that part of the city trafficwise but its great now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Shhhhhh...dont tell everybody:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

lasno wrote: »
    Shhhhhh...dont tell everybody:)
    :p Wont be using it for much longer :rolleyes:
    So over thomond bridge up william street and over childers road or in condel road over the shannon bridge and left up along the quays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If I were you go in the Ennis Road and keep going til the Tipp Road roundabout then go via the Childers Road. Clare street is a no-go anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thomond Bridge -> Castle Street -> the Island Road -> left onto Athlunkard Street into Grove Island -> Corbally Link Road -> Rhebogue Road -> Dublin Road.

Works for me most days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thomond Bridge > Island Rd > Seomus O'Cinneide Rd > Broad St > Greenhills Rd > Tipp Rd works for me, takes me about 15 minutes from Watchhouse Cross to near B&Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Thanks lads! Used do it every day 1 time but as ye said clare street is a disaster these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Driving in from the Dublin side today on Clare St, I notice fresh markings opposite the petrol station, it looks like they're adding a new island and removing some of the existing one. If this is the case, why cant our city planners get these things right first time around.

Nearly every time they change a junction layout and put down road markings they seem to have to come back a few weeks later and make another change.

Advertisement