Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap woman's haircut ..

Options
  • 28-03-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in the area that does a simple haircut for under 25 - 30 euro?

Cheers in advance ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I spend about €30 per year on haircuts, the joy of been a man. Have you thought of going to a barber, i'm sure they wouldn't refuse if it was a simple cut none of your 12 week blow dry nonsense. Expect to pay about €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭cleoh23

There is a salon in mulinavat its 35 for a haircut, and the girl who runs it is toni&guy qualified...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Try Sin é. They have 'special' prices for 2011. Not sure what they charge this week for cuts - seems to change each week from what the sign says on the window.....

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

If you don't mind getting it cut by a trainee, the place inside Tesco has a sign up for free (I think) haircuts at certain times during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Would a cheap womans cut be something like an Evelyn Cusack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Check out City Deals often have great bargains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Is there anywhere in the area that does a simple haircut for under 25 - 30 euro?

Cheers in advance ..

jesus where were you when i was out on the pull,i've been looking for a cheap women for years

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pipasawrus

There’s a place in Dun Loaghaire that do dry cuts for 15euro, it’s just passed the Argos shop...red/black painted shop and run by Chinese people (sorry can't remember the name) but you can’t miss it. I have had my hair cut many times there, each time with different people and they have been brilliant. I have no affiliation to this hair-dresser, just a very happy customer :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Creative Touch in kilcoole is very cheap and v good. great for colours also.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks everyone.
    Pipasawrus wrote: »
    There’s a place in Dun Loaghaire that do dry cuts for 15euro, it’s just passed the Argos shop...red/black painted shop and run by Chinese people (sorry can't remember the name) but you can’t miss it. I have had my hair cut many times there, each time with different people and they have been brilliant. I have no affiliation to this hair-dresser, just a very happy customer :):)

Will check this out. Sounds great.

Heavyballs I was too busy watching the footie, playing poker and being all fabulous ... :)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone.

Will check this out. Sounds great.

Heavyballs I was too busy watching the footie, playing poker and being all fabulous ... :)

jesus christ,don't tell me you also like golf.............gets coat.......golf clubs........says goodbye to kids

LOL ..

And I amazed we haven't been told off by the Mods for messing .. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

We love the craic too ya know. :)

As long as its friendly.

Fair play Damo :)

And I play golf Heftyballs .. but with bad hair :)

Thanks again for the tips. I will report back on where I tried and prices.

And I play golf Heftyballs .. but with bad hair :)

Thanks again for the tips. I will report back on where I tried and prices.

don't worry some of these places do Brazilian's also

Creative Touch, 25 quid, no small talk, good cut. I'd recommend them (next to Nicky's Greengrocers in Kilcoole).

before and after pic ? .......pretty please

Behave Hefty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Not sure if posters are permitted to paint businesses in a negative light so i won't mention names, but after reading this thread I booked an appointment last week in one of the aforementioned salons..
    Blonde highlights (i am brunette by nature but have been getting the highlights for close to ten years now), and boy oh boy i have had some disasters in those years but never have i left a hairdressers so angry or upset -
    My roots were orange with just a few strands of blonde after they washed my hair. I was in shock. It was the colour of rust. I asked the stylist to fix it, and she proceeded to tell me that as i am naturally dark, my roots would always be orange(?). I told her i had being getting my hair styled professionally in various other salons for years and not once have i left a salon with orange hair.
    She then brought over another stylist in the room, who also had orange roots and basically said; look at her, she has orange roots too, deal with it.
    I was so upset. She then put toner in my hair, washed it again, and tore out about two thirds of my hair while brushing it.

Upon leaving I refused to pay full price for what essentially was orange roots. They offered for me to come back so they could "add more blonde", but at this stage i had already vowed NEVER to return so i paid them half of what they were asking.
    I left the place in a state and immediately booked an appointment in my previous hairdressers for the colour to be rectified, which it has been.

Unfortunately there is no getting back my lovely long thick hair that i had before the whole disaster. Due to her careless and rough brushing of my hair i now am left with what basically looks like strands from the shoulders down. I have naturally thick hair!! And have been growing it for years. Getting it all chopped off this weekend with much regret, as it just looks limp and pathetic now.

Apologies for the long post, but i wish this not to happen to anyone else.

Suffice to say that if a price seems to good to be true - IT IS!!!!!

• Advertisement

That's awful. I really hope it wasn't my recommendation.

You should name and shame if it is permitted. Mods are we allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

That's awful. I really hope it wasn't my recommendation.

You should name and shame if it is permitted. Mods are we allowed?

I would of been round with my clippers CC. Cheaper than an airport run. :D

Advertisement