Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch-screen phones!!!

Options
  • 28-03-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I bought a touch-screen phone about 7 wks ago, thinking I'd look very cool on the dart the way others do by scrolling down my screen:rolleyes:

I cannot, for the life of me, get used to it. I hate it...it is very, very annoying and I am still deleting text messages too soon, by pressing on wrong buttons, pressing on other buttons for two long etc...even this 'slide' feature for my alarm clock drives me mental...when I'm just waking up, I can't seem to 'slide' my finger along the screen hard enough for the alarm to go off :mad::mad:

Am I alone in wanting to go back to a button phone...or am I just getting old!!!!:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You just bought the wrong touchscreen or your an auld fogie. I presume it's not an iPhone, Galaxy S, HTC.

Not all touch screen as the same. There's huge differences between them.

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Although for texting and some other uses a phone with buttons is very handy and less frustrating, for the most part, touchscreen phones make everything else quicker and fast, and allow us to have a much bigger screen. At least there are still a lot of buttoned phones to choose from as an alternative but I understandnwhere your coming from. What phone did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I much rather using physical keys as I don't need to bother looking when I'm typing out a text at stupid speeds. I can still type quick enough using the touch screen but its just not the same. Saying that though the n95 I had I needed to glue two of the buttons back in after they fell out so would rather touch screen that way. On the n97 I used to have, once or twice the buttons on the screen got stuck which is really odd but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8....maybe I am just an old fogey:(

I mainly use it for texting and I'm finding it very frustrating:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Look at the cons on this review http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/sony-ericsson-xperia-x8-908570/review

Your not an old fogey, it's just not the best touchscreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

The X8 doesnt have that bad of a touchscreen. Its not the best but it does the job well. Ive used it myself and its not that bad for texting or general tasks.

Though as above. More expensive phones usually offer far better touchscreens making it easier to navigate and carry out day to day tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

I have an iphone (3gs)
    I'm considering changing for an android alternative (htc desire or new nexus)
    I'm happy enough with the iphone but the lack of flash content, stunted bluetooth and general compatablity issues really annoy me.
    Has anyone out there made the change. Are they happy or wish they'd stuck with apple.
    One this apple has going for it is a snappy speed. I saw a desire hd yesterday and the screen felt a little sticky-jumpy when scrolling at high speeds. More so than my 3gs?
    Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

The ones on display usually have live wallpapers on. If you put on a static one its usually ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I hate touchscreen phones too, they are all the rage but I hate them

Hated clamshells too. gah

• Advertisement
Advertisement