Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing To A Course Which Requires Audition.

Options
  • 28-03-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm thinking of changing my course next year. I'm currently studying Marketing in CIT but am looking to study music in DIT next year if possible. The only thing that worries me is how do I go about changing to a course that requires an audition such as Music? If by chance, I fail the audition or simply didn't fit the grade, can I then return to CIT even though I've submitted the change of mind form?
    This is really bugging me at the moment and any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Eoin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I switched course last year (was waiting on random selection from CAO) and didn't hand in my withdrawal form til 2 weeks before I was due back into the course I left. (i.e. I handed it in in september). If I wasn't going to get through via CAO I was just going to go back to the course I had started.
    Pretty sure you could do the same here, as long as you've applied to the CAO, you can sit the audition, and if you pass, DIT will let you know before term starts (so in August or something), and then you can let CIT know that you want to leave after that. As long as it's before you've paid your registration fee for that year to the college you can leave.
    So my advice would be to not hand in your letter of withdrawal for the moment, until you get your result from DIT, as you should get your result from the audition before the deadline of payment of the reg fee.
    You will however be liable to (I'm assuming you're in 1st year) pay the EU fees for one year as well as the reg fee, as I am doing this year. something around €6000 I think.

e-mail the course director in DIT if you would like to know what dates they usually give out the results of the auditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

Thanks for the info man, was in dire need of some help there!
    Yeah, I'm aware of the fee for repeating first year, but I'm willing to put myself through a year of being broke for the course!
    Still though, thanks for all that info man, assuming it's the same throughout the country, I should be grand, though the dates for the audition haven't been set yet, I'm sure they'll set them for a reasonable time.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

No problem!

Good luck with the audition!

Advertisement